Explora in the news today

1 minute ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes, I saw that after I posted.  But thanks.

I also noticed you had ‘liked’ mine after I had posted the link in your thread.  😁

Posted (edited)

Not sure the 7-14-21 day plan will work for us - each would represent a different 7 day cruise out of Miami (for example) but any 7 day cruise out of Miami is something we’ve done a million times (or so it seems). We will never again cruise the Jamaica loop. 

Seems like if we want longer cruises to places not normally within the 7 day radius we won’t be doing Explora. Shame, we already have two TAs booked but that may be it for us. 

Edited by TrinaLC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TrinaLC said:

Not sure the 7-14-21 day plan will work for us - each would represent a different 7 day cruise out of Miami (for example) but any 7 day cruise out of Miami is something we’ve done a million times (or so it seems). We will never again cruise the Jamaica loop. 

Seems like if we want longer cruises to places not normally within the 7 day radius we won’t be doing Explora. Shame, we already have two TAs booked but that may be it for us. 

Just booked an 8 night carribean 2025 at good daily rate. Previously was on EJ last October at much higher daily rate. EJ offers superb product IMHO 

• Like 4

Problem with B2B coming back to FL is you have to go thru the face to face zero count US immigration exercise, with the always present pax who think they are exempt.  7 days does not work for us at this stage of life.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no product that comes close???   What about Regent and Silversea.  Just as many food venues and space.  Large suites comparatively priced (except for their 40% off sale).  Both are continuing to introduce new builds that will refine their products.

Going to small off the beaten path ports, is a Seabourn specialty.

Good to see them compete, more cabins available will keep the others honest.

• Like 1

Agree with you especially as regards Regent & Seabourn.  Explora Journey is very good in a lot of aspects but I don't think it is the absolute best, and found it to have a lot of really good and some things lacking.  Interesting how some folks after 2 days on board claimed it is the best ever.  To each their own.

• Thanks 1