Old Quebec sights to see with not much walking

Liss

We will be in Quebec on the Emerald Princess mid October 2024.  My husband can't do a lot of walking (uses a cane but not a walker).  Since we only have one day, I'd like to focus on old Quebec city. I'm afraid the 'walking tours' might be too much for him. Recommendations for tours? 

2 hours ago, Liss said:

My husband can't do a lot of walking (uses a cane but not a walker).  Since we only have one day, I'd like to focus on old Quebec city. I'm afraid the 'walking tours' might be too much for him. Recommendations for tours? 

Is there anything in particular you would want to see? If not I would just take my time and walk around the lower town for a bit. There are shops, Place Royale, etc. Then take the Funicular up to the upper town where the Chateau Frontenac is. You could grab lunch or a drink there and see the famous hotel that dominates the skyline. 

If you wanted to get a glimpse of the Plains of Abraham and the Citadelle, while not far from the Chateau Frontenac, you could always opt for the double decker tour. While I normally say that it's not necessary in a smaller city like Quebec City if mobility is an issue it could be an easy way to drive by things to see them. 

Also keep in mind that Uber works very well in Quebec City so at any time you can use them to get back to the ship or a place to rest. 

For sure if you have only one day, you want to stay in Old Quebec.  It is very hilly but not that large.   You can see quite a bit within a few blocks.   As princeton says, Chateau Frontenac would be a great central point to work from.  

We did a walking tour through Tours Voir Quebec, which starts at the visitor center near the Frontenac.   I remember it being a pretty slow moving walking tour and doesn't cover a lot of distance.  I am wondering if it makes sense to try a walking tour and just drop off if the group moves too fast, you wouldn't be out much $ and you won't ever be too far from starting point.  The tour guide may work with you a little bit allow you to wait on a bench and skip the farthest stop or something like that.

I would say book the HOP ON HOP OFF bus and just stay on for the whole tour if walking is an issue.  You get a great overview of Quebec City.

On 5/2/2024 at 6:46 PM, cdncruzer said:

I would say book the HOP ON HOP OFF bus and just stay on for the whole tour if walking is an issue.  You get a great overview of Quebec City.

I would agree.   We enjoyed the HOHO bus and stayed on for the whole tour. Saw a lot