TAKU LODGE

need information on this excursion from passengers that have booked through HAL and were not able to go on excursion, did you get a refund or OBC? thank you and have a wonderful day

Posted (edited)

In the description of each excursion you are given the cancellation fees.  Mostly you need to cancel a full 48 hours prior for a refund, a full refund.   Do check. If you buy beforehand with a credit card and cancel on ship it will be refunded as a refundable OBC.  At the end of the cruise any remaining refundable OBC is credited to your card OR you can walk down to guest services and ask for cash.  If you cancel up to 3 days before you sail your credit card will be credited 

Edited by Mary229

Mary we've read that if due to weather conditions no refunds and this was on HAL excursions.

surprised us, so we've held back to get more informed from those who have been affected or not

thanks for your time in replying

1 hour ago, a.madruga said:

Mary we've read that if due to weather conditions no refunds and this was on HAL excursions.

surprised us, so we've held back to get more informed from those who have been affected or not

thanks for your time in replying

I think what they are saying is the excursion will go even if weather is not optimal.  HAL ALWAYS refunds if they cancel an excursion 

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I think what they are saying is the excursion will go even if weather is not optimal.  HAL ALWAYS refunds if they cancel an excursion 

This has been my experience @a.madruga - HAL will refund if they cancel. Many excursions run even if weather is not optimal; in those scenarios if you choose to cancel you will not get a refund (if inside the 48 hour window).

FWIW, this was one of our favorite excursions.  The meal was one of the best I ever had, and I'm not much of a salmon person.  The view of the glaciers from the seaplane was spectacular.  We even got some unplanned entertainment.  While we were eating, a bear came out of the woods and ambled up to the outdoor grill they cook the salmon on.  He proceeded to scoop the grease from the bottom of the grill and chow down on it.  Good times and great memories.

• Like 3