Restaurants for birthday dinner in Rome

Hi. There are 6 of us going to Rome to celebrate my 50th birthday. What is a great restaurant in Rome for dinner that 6 adults can celebrate together? Traditional Italian is fantastic, please. Thank you in advance!

21 hours ago, Katemusical said:

Hi. There are 6 of us going to Rome to celebrate my 50th birthday. What is a great restaurant in Rome for dinner that 6 adults can celebrate together? Traditional Italian is fantastic, please. Thank you in advance!

Italian cuisine is regional so it's hard to make any recs without knowing what you are really looking for. "Traditional Italian" is usually used in the US as a mish mash of all of them where it usually means pasta drowned in a red sauce. In Italy, at least with the better restaurants, you tend to end up with an establishment that specializes in one of them. 

Also are you looking for something more traditional or something more modern? Is this a white table cloth special meal that you want to make special or just looking for some casual recs? Rome is like New York-- there are literally thousands of options so its hard to just spout out a bunch without knowing what you're actually looking for. 

That's so true.  Do you have a favorite Italian dish?  That could help narrow down on the region.  Or do you have heritage in Italy?  In that case maybe you'd like a restaurant that features the cuisine of the region your family came from.

On 5/1/2024 at 2:39 PM, Katemusical said:

Look at the pinned thread above.  Look at post #337 on page 14 for recommendations and awards from Italy's top food magazine.  Wherever you pick, reserve asap.

Thank you!

My husband's fave is Chicken Marsala. I love it all, to be honet. We do not have roots in Italy. 

Just want a great regional food-maybe family owned restaurant.

2 minutes ago, Katemusical said:

Thank you!

My husband's fave is Chicken Marsala. I love it all, to be honet. We do not have roots in Italy. 

Just want a great regional food-maybe family owned restaurant.

Then pick one of the trattorias named above. 

For traditional Roman cuisine, I'd recommend Armando al Pantheon.  It's a small place, well-loved and a hard reservation to get.  I've been in there when small groups have been celebrating - it's not noisy.  Go to their website, look at the menu.  Make the reservation as soon as it opens.