Cancelling one passenger

8 hours ago, lazydayz said:

It depends.  How long until your cruise? 

Early August. 

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

I did read this but found it a little confusing. 

If I understand correctly, depending on when we’d cancel that person, we could get some of our money back. The rest of us would just continue on with the cruise?

Correct.  But call Carnival and ask them the question as a hypothetical.  If you are comfortable with the answer, you say ok, we need to cancel one person.  The earlier you do the cancellation, the less the penalty will be. And yes, the rest of you who don’t cancel can still cruise, likely in the same cabin as originally booked.  Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Correct.  But call Carnival and ask them the question as a hypothetical.  If you are comfortable with the answer, you say ok, we need to cancel one person.  The earlier you do the cancellation, the less the penalty will be. And yes, the rest of you who don’t cancel can still cruise, likely in the same cabin as originally booked.  Good luck.

It’s still actually all hypothetical at this point. We are considering booking for 4 of us but may find my husband is not able to come. 

27 minutes ago, bowen9475 said:

It’s still actually all hypothetical at this point. We are considering booking for 4 of us but may find my husband is not able to come. 

Then book him as the 4th guest if all in the same room.  You could also get the cancel for any reason coverage from Carnival to limit your losses if he needs to cancel.  But if his fare is just $100, not sure it is worth it.  Hope you all get to cruise. 

1 hour ago, bowen9475 said:

How would that make a difference?

Guest number one cannot change without canceling the whole booking. They, in essence, own the booking.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bowen9475 said:

How would that make a difference?

The rate is tied to Pax #1, so it matters a lot which person you cancel. Also, Px 3 & 4 generally (not always) have a lower rate. Sometimes it is better if the person simply is a no show vs canceling them.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1