Bottled water- as part of the Plus Beverage package

Does the Plus Beverage package include bottled water that we can take back to our cabin rather than buying the 12 bottles in the specific water package? 

Thank you in advance. 

We always got 4 bottles (16.9 oz.) at a time to keep in the cabin fridge. 

I thought they charged extra for the larger 500ml bottles?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 555 said:

We always got 4 bottles (16.9 oz.) at a time to keep in the cabin fridge. 

I thought they charged extra for the larger 500ml bottles?

No. Included with the plus/premier fare. 500ml bottles are the standard U.S. pint bottles, just under 17 ounces. You are probably thinking about the 1 liter bottles. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, No Sea Legs! said:

Does the Plus Beverage package include bottled water that we can take back to our cabin rather than buying the 12 bottles in the specific water package? 

Thank you in advance. 

Yes, all you want 

• Like 1

The water made on the ship has sodium added to it.  If you have a problem with swelling, you do not want to drink this water.  I agree it tastes good, but, it makes me swell to the point where I have to take drugs to offset the swelling.  Bottled water does not do this.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, HotRoot said:

The water made on the ship has sodium added to it.  If you have a problem with swelling, you do not want to drink this water.  I agree it tastes good, but, it makes me swell to the point where I have to take drugs to offset the swelling.  Bottled water does not do this.

I've done a lot of reading about this online.  Most sources say that it's the salt in the FOOD, not the water, that is the culprit. I have never read that they ADD salt to the water.  The reverse osmosis system removes the salt.  I always drink the ship water and have never had trouble with swelling.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 5:49 PM, tonit964 said:

They also have the small bottles of Perrier & San Pellegrino that are included. 

Yes they usually do...but the Regal ran out of San Pellegrino and Perrier on day 3 of our British Isles cruise on the Regal last year  and did not replenish.....sigh 

11 minutes ago, sherryf said:

I've done a lot of reading about this online.  Most sources say that it's the salt in the FOOD, not the water, that is the culprit. I have never read that they ADD salt to the water.  The reverse osmosis system removes the salt.  I always drink the ship water and have never had trouble with swelling.

We have had problems with swelling on cruise ships for over 30 years.  We have always blamed the food and preorder all of our meals to be made without salt.  We still swell and have to take water pills.  Someone on Cruise Critic told me to stop drinking the ship's water and only drink bottled water.  I tried it on this cruise.  We are on Day 31.  I have eaten all food the way it is prepared.  I have only drank bottled water.  I have had absolutely no swelling.

I was told the reverse osmosis system removes salt as well as other impurities but they add back in nutrients which "are good for you".  Sodium is one of those nutrients.  I have no idea the scientific part of it, but I will never again drink ship's water.  I am sticking with the bottled water.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 2:43 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

We always get the Plus pkg, but I always order the case of water for the room

on my Princs acct.  It costs $7. 

I just like having it already in the cabin when we check in.

Yup....we have premier package and I just went ahead and ordered a 12 pak for $7 so its there when we get in. Far too hectic the 1st day to go round trying to get waters or get steward to bother with it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sherryf said:

I follow a low sodium diet, but when I drink the water on the ship, I have a problem with swelling. If I stay away from the ship water and just drink bottled than I am OK. I’ve heard that the ship water is desalinated, but I still have a problem with it.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:27 PM, sherryf said:

Or you can just drink the water from your tap. It's quite good, and no plastic waste! 😁

I’ve watched gray water coming out of the tap in the cabin. I wouldn’t drink it.

• Thanks 1