Another AMEX Platinum card offer on Oceania

8 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Well final payment is coming due anyway so the card will be used regardless. It also stated something regarding ‘new’ bookings on the prior offer but was still granted. If it doesn’t, no big deal as noted has to be paid shortly regardless.  

I find that these offers can stack, i.e be used multiple times, even though it states that they're for new bookings only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 10:19 AM, fdnycruiser said:

You might want to hold the horses on that. I got the same offer on my Amex Platinum. However, under terms and conditions it says for NEW reservations booked between May 8 th and July 7th. I was all set to pay off my current booking too.

Just used for a final payment and it worked. So have used two AMEX offers on same cruise, both months after the initial deposit.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Just used for a final payment and it worked. So have used two AMEX offers on same cruise, both months after the initial deposit.  

Thanks for reporting back.    I figured it would work.  As I commented in post #17, I don't know how Amex would know if it was a new booking or not. 

I will be applying one to our booking in June  and another before FP in July.  (got it on both my Platinum and my AU's card).  Asuuming success, that will be 5 offers for this Cruise - 2 more from the March offers and the 5th when it was originally applied to a different cruise last year that was rolled over to this booking. 

• Like 3

On 5/9/2024 at 3:27 PM, the mice said:

Same for us!   Actually, our FP is almost $5200, so will also put $1200  on my AU's card.   And am thinking about paying the other $2800 toward our Japan cruise, but not sure since that one is almost 2 years away.   Looking at some O cruises for 2025.....but that requires some skillful "negotiating" with my AU 🤣  (who sometimes gets nuts over my miles and points "obsession" - until he flies in Biz!).

Are you kidding, everyone should have an obsession👍 with points or miles.  If you don't you (not you or me) are leaving money on the table.  I'd hate to think about not having points or status in an airline and/or hotel program.  😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Are you kidding, everyone should have an obsession👍 with points or miles.  If you don't you (not you or me) are leaving money on the table.  I'd hate to think about not having points or status in an airline and/or hotel program.  😃

Been collecting since 1988 but not seriously until 2011 when there was lots more info on blogs about this. I never followed FlyerTalker to learn about all the crazy stuff.  And never was a business traveler so it's all been on our dimes.  However, now every mainstream publication promotes the miles and points games so finding good awards/decent routing becomes more challenging every day.  Been lucky so far, but it's not easy these days.  

1 hour ago, the mice said:

Been collecting since 1988 but not seriously until 2011 when there was lots more info on blogs about this. I never followed FlyerTalker to learn about all the crazy stuff.  And never was a business traveler so it's all been on our dimes.  However, now every mainstream publication promotes the miles and points games so finding good awards/decent routing becomes more challenging every day.  Been lucky so far, but it's not easy these days.  

Believe it or not I was one of United's early members and was one of a group (I was member #8) in the Marriott program.  I retired on December 31st, 2007 and still have United miles from work, and I use them among others.  I never pass up a good credit card bonus when offered.  When Delta purchased PanAm, that was a win fall for me, I became a million milers and Deltas Lounge for life. When United purchased Continental those miles became United and that pushed me to become a lifetime Club member and top tier with them for life.  Somehow the cruise lines never interest me to stick with one or two cruise lines.  Alaska Air just had a super high award for their credit card with only a $5,000 spend--now we have two free RT tickets in first.  Always keep an open eye out for a credit card deal.  It's saved us a lot - and we fly Business unless we can get First.  Since First is disappearing, Business works for us.

• Like 1

The Mice:  Funny after reading your post and my answer I just received this from Chase UA Quest card--😃👍and I'm working on a promotion with Chase Sapphire.  Just to many offers you can't pass up.

April
2,000 bonus miles
  May
2,000 bonus miles
  June
2,000 bonus miles
  4,000 additional
bonus miles

Congrats. You've earned 2,000 bonus miles with the Months of Miles Promotion. Use your United QuestSM Card to spend at least $1,000 a month in both May and June.*

Then you'll earn 2,000 bonus miles for each of these two months. Earn an additional 4,000-mile bonus if you reach the goal in all three months.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Believe it or not I was one of United's early members and was one of a group (I was member #8) in the Marriott program.  I retired on December 31st, 2007 and still have United miles from work, and I use them among others.  I never pass up a good credit card bonus when offered.  When Delta purchased PanAm, that was a win fall for me, I became a million milers and Deltas Lounge for life. When United purchased Continental those miles became United and that pushed me to become a lifetime Club member and top tier with them for life.  Somehow the cruise lines never interest me to stick with one or two cruise lines.  Alaska Air just had a super high award for their credit card with only a $5,000 spend--now we have two free RT tickets in first.  Always keep an open eye out for a credit card deal.  It's saved us a lot - and we fly Business unless we can get First.  Since First is disappearing, Business works for us.

I just did the American Airlines Citi Advantage card for probably the 5th time or so.  Got 75,000 on a $3,500 spend and first year fee waived.  It's definitely worth playing the game.

On my upcoming Oceania cruise, RT tickets from SAN to MIA are using frequent flyer miles.

Got $300 OBC from Amex Cruise Privileges program.
Either $400 or $600 (not sure) cash back from Amex Offers.
$100 OBC for owning NCL shares.
$150 OBC from the travel agent.
Will also get a bottle of wine and an invite to a wine tasting event from Amex Cruise Privileges.

All of this adds up.

25 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I just did the American Airlines Citi Advantage card for probably the 5th time or so.  Got 75,000 on a $3,500 spend and first year fee waived.  It's definitely worth playing the game.

On my upcoming Oceania cruise, RT tickets from SAN to MIA are using frequent flyer miles.

Got $300 OBC from Amex Cruise Privileges program.
Either $400 or $600 (not sure) cash back from Amex Offers.
$100 OBC for owning NCL shares.
$150 OBC from the travel agent.
Will also get a bottle of wine and an invite to a wine tasting event from Amex Cruise Privileges.

All of this adds up.

It really does👍, we have a trip to Bangkok coming up, using points for the hotel if you stay 3 nights you get one free-were staying 8 nights with 2 free, and the air UA flying business --we fly on Sunday, but Saturday is 100,000pp less, yes will be flying Sunday.  It's all a game, that is fun and worth the time looking.😃

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:51 PM, Vallesan said:

Unfortunately we don’t get ‘cruise’ offers with Amex in the UK!

I got one for Seabourn and one for Regent last year - had already made final payment for Seabourn but both hubby and I paid £1000 each to Regent and got £100 cash back .

Edited by Techno123

8 hours ago, Techno123 said:

I got one for Seabourn and one for Regent last year - had already made final payment for Seabourn but both hubby and I paid Happy Birthday! each to Regent and got £100 cash back .

Just to be clear, you paid £1000 more than your final payment price?  Did you spend that, or later, request a refund for the balance?

46 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Just to be clear, you paid £1000 more than your final payment price?  Did you spend that, or later, request a refund for the balance?

How did you get that? I don't see that at all. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

No - Seabourn's final payment had passed so I couldn't use that unfortunately but Regents final payment was due so both the husband and I paid £1000 each on our American Express cards directly to Regent and each got £100 cash back.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ORV said:

How did you get that? I don't see that at all. 

I didn't read it properly.  I thought they were beyond final payment on both sailings.

I would assume that one could spend extra after final payment, buying excursions, drink packages and such to trigger the offer, if it made sense.  In my case, I don't think it does.  One of the few times we'll be sailing without a drink package, but Oceania seems to have a generous policy in terms of what you can bring aboard.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I didn't read it properly.  I thought they were beyond final payment on both sailings.

I would assume that one could spend extra after final payment, buying excursions, drink packages and such to trigger the offer, if it made sense.  In my case, I don't think it does.  One of the few times we'll be sailing without a drink package, but Oceania seems to have a generous policy in terms of what you can bring aboard.

I did put the required spend once toward OBC, which was refundable, so anything we didn’t use we got back in cash at the end of the cruise. 

• Like 3

We’re going from Capetown to Doha in March on SS. We used our Amex points to book business class tickets on Qatar Airways from Miami to Capetown,and the return from Doha to Miami for 300,00 points and tax of about $400 for both. Collecting points and miles is the way to go if you enjoy business class. Plenty of tools to help you use them too. I’ll be using my Amex to make final payment next month for our November Oceania cruise.

Ronrick, looks like your the mileage King on this board.

5 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

We’re going from Capetown to Doha in March on SS. We used our Amex points to book business class tickets on Qatar Airways from Miami to Capetown,and the return from Doha to Miami for 300,00 points and tax of about $400 for both.

Sounds like a good deal.  Are your flights in QSuites?   We just flew our return from Seoul-Doha-JFK in QSuites in March, using 220,000 AA miles and $150 in taxes for both of us.  Was lucky to get this the day the seats opened on AA, as I understand this is a difficult award nowadays.  Happily flew the long way around from Seoul just to experience QSuites -and luckily, no plane swaps.   Lounge in Doha is amazing - too bad we weren't very hungry.   Enjoy!

12 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Glad that you had such a nice experience. Yes, we’re traveling in the coveted Q suites, and looking forward too it. I’ll save my appetite for the lounge .

Food and service in flight is great, too.  My issue was the timing - our flight out of Seoul was 0:15 so I felt sleep was more a priority.  OTOH, my DH had dinner which he said was delicious.  There was another meal later so I only wanted yogurt and a croissant by the time we got to the lounge.  Had a yummy dinner on next flight,  later an ice cream sundae (not the UA variety) and then was sound asleep during breakfast.  DH told them not to wake me even though I had said to. Meanwhile, he had breakfast himself. 🤣

Sometimes when I read travel blogs and see how much some of them eat for meals, esp. breakfast, it kind of amazes me. And I like to eat. Anyway, enjoy your flights, DOH lounge, food and service.