Junior Suite - Coastal Kitchen question

Hi,

I'm booked on the symphony in a junior suite. I know that coastal kitchen dinner is included based on availability.

Wondering what I can expect - or is it YMMV type thing?

Do I try to book as soon as I get onboard? Do I go to coastal kitchen to book or should I do this in the crown lounge?

Is it possible to book all 7 nights right away?

First time in a junior suite..

Thanks!

Go to CK when you board and see what they have available. You may not get the same time every night, or not even get in some nights, if at all. But go when you board, don’t ask in the crown lounge.good luck and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I am just giving my honest opinion of being booked in a JS and wanting to dine at CK. While I have stayed in JS's and haven't had issue with dining in CK...sometimes for even the entire sailing, it does come at a bit of a price IMHO. First off your room key doesn't have access to the suite lounge of CK....both are located together....so you will have to stand there outside the door knocking waiting for someone to open it up for you. You will have to do this every time including if you have to go to the bathroom while dining. Some of the concierge's are welcoming for you to dine in CK, others have a bit of an attitude if you aren't in a full suite. Some will let you reserve the nights you want others will tell you stop by each evening and they will see if they can accommodate you. In all honesty I'm not overly impressed with CK...it's just a smaller main dining room venue with food being very similar to main dining quality. As much as some might want to pretend...it certainly isn't comparable to one of the specialty dining venues. With the all being said I sometimes find that seem to feel you are competing with the suite guests and the not haven't door access to Ck is very annoying and standing knocking on the doors feels awkward.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I am just giving my honest opinion of being booked in a JS and wanting to dine at CK. While I have stayed in JS's and haven't had issue with dining in CK...sometimes for even the entire sailing, it does come at a bit of a price IMHO. First off your room key doesn't have access to the suite lounge of CK....both are located together....so you will have to stand there outside the door knocking waiting for someone to open it up for you. You will have to do this every time including if you have to go to the bathroom while dining. Some of the concierge's are welcoming for you to dine in CK, others have a bit of an attitude if you aren't in a full suite. Some will let you reserve the nights you want others will tell you stop by each evening and they will see if they can accommodate you. In all honesty I'm not overly impressed with CK...it's just a smaller main dining room venue with food being very similar to main dining quality. As much as some might want to pretend...it certainly isn't comparable to one of the specialty dining venues. With the all being said I sometimes find that seem to feel you are competing with the suite guests and the not haven't door access to Ck is very annoying and standing knocking on the doors feels awkward.

Only on Oasis class is access a problem. 

• Like 2

Availability of seating in the CK for non-suite guests is largely dependent on the number of Pinnacles and other JS guests on your particular sailing.  Suite guests have priority and JS and Pinns will compete for any remaining availability.

I agree with @lovesthebeach2 that your best approach is to go directly to the CK maitre’d upon boarding as it will most likely be first come first served for the available seats.  @bajathree also has a good point about the lack of accessibility to the restaurant for JS. If you can’t get into the restaurant you can’t check on availability and Pinns will be able to get in once they have their Seapass cards. I also agree that the menu in the CK isn’t “all that”.  It’s really the ambiance, service and views that make the CK appealing, IMO…but it’s nice to have a different option at least a couple of times.

• Like 3

On Harmony at end of January I waited until CK opened for lunch and then went in to make the reservation.  We already had plans for night one so didn't need one until the second night. Was told to finish my meal then come up and see about availability for the next desired night.  Only one night I wanted could not be accommodated at a reasonable time (with child in tow), but it magically appeared a few hours later in my account.  Basically I went in with an attitude I would be appreciative about anything we were able to get and was happy to get 5 nights.  It was a much better experience having a full suite (of course), but we enjoy the service and food at CK when compared to MDR.

Being Pinnacle AND in a JS cabin on Allure (disembarked yesterday)....I still had to make reservations day by day.  And no guarantees on availability.  Was unable to book a full suite on this sold out cruise.  

Though we were keyed in (being an "allowed on this sailing" Pinnacle), which was a nice for going up early for my coffee in the SL.     

If I were not keyed in, I would not even try for CK or entry in the SL on Oasis class...not worth it.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'll add that the Symphony has one of the highest possible guest counts for CK/Lounge access without pinnacles factored into the equation.  Compared to the other Oasis class ships, that would be 412 guests.  That is if every suite is booked at its capacity.  (It is not likely but still gives a good, representation of how many might have access, especially at peak family travel times.) 

image.png.37ddef8e60d4656de725ce24f261c890.png 

image.png.40872c0b7a8d83e5267782ff60a5dd44.png

Compared to the sister ships, Symphony has 2% more guest for Harmony that have CK access, 14% more guest than Allure, etc.  The guest counts above are Star Class rooms first and their total, then Sky class.  That way JS can tell how many above them might be trying to get into CK. 

(The Wonder is different due to the suites neighborhood and the lounge/CK area is also different.)  The other three have a more similar layout and guest capacity of that area so more direct comparison.  Based on those details the chances for a JS might be a little tougher just because it is a Symphony sailing.  There are many factors, like actual occupancy of each suite, number of Star Class doing specialty dining, number of Pins, etc.

Good Luck.

Edited by wdwkings