MDR menus across all ships

We sailed on Infinity for 11 nights in April and had a great time. We are now considering Apex this summer but wondered if the MDR menus will be exactly the same. That might sway us towards a different cruise line to get some variety. Thanks 

3 hours ago, kruzgal said:

We sailed on Infinity for 11 nights in April and had a great time. We are now considering Apex this summer but wondered if the MDR menus will be exactly the same. That might sway us towards a different cruise line to get some variety. Thanks 

No need to worry.  Menus tend to vary across classes of ships.   On the S class ships, one sailing had prime rib on the first night.  The other had prime rib on the second night.  However, expect filet mignon and lobster tails on the Evening Chic nights. E-class has quite the variety as there are 4 MDRs.

• Like 1

You know....people keep saying to look at the app and you will see the MDR menus for your sailing...then you can decide what nights to do specialty dining, etc...

BUT...the menus have changed like every three days! On my sailing first there was no lobster listed...then it was on night #6, a week later it dissapeared...and now it has re-appeared on night #7.    What's up with that?

50 minutes ago, HLR said:

You know....people keep saying to look at the app and you will see the MDR menus for your sailing...then you can decide what nights to do specialty dining, etc...

BUT...the menus have changed like every three days! On my sailing first there was no lobster listed...then it was on night #6, a week later it dissapeared...and now it has re-appeared on night #7.    What's up with that?

The menus in the app before your cruise are the menus for the current sailing not a future sailing.  So unless the ship is sailing the same number of night and the same itinerary then the menus will be in a different order.
 Lobster is on the last EC night so that day  varies depending upon whether the are 2 or 3 EC nights and the itinerary.  EC nights are most often on sea days, occasionally on a port day with an early departure.  

I think the app is showing the current sailing that is at sea right now but I'm not 100% sure.  I know the ship I am supposed to cruise on is on a 6 night trip right now and the app made a duplicate of day 6.  Last week, the boat was on a 7 night trip & the app showed a different menu.  The order of the menu did move around some & some days are completely different.  I plan on following it a few more weeks to see if it is changing completely each week or if it is flipping back and forth depending if it is a 6 or 7 night cruise.  I can say the 6 night sailing has no lobster displayed and the 7 night cruise did have lobster.

7 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

It just gives you an idea of what might be on offer . Quite often the menus change while you are on board too

All these people are planning, or say they are planning, their speciatly dining around the app....I'll wait till I get on board!

1 hour ago, HLR said:

All these people are planning, or say they are planning, their speciatly dining around the app....I'll wait till I get on board!

Best plan😊

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, HLR said:

The people who advise that don’t understand how bad the app is and how often it changes. It seems like a good idea, but it just isn’t practice.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1