*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

12 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I was there. I was all over the roll call explaining about the Canadian requirements. 

@debenson0723 She was there, I think Matsi has her on his video that was posted on You tube

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Let's hope no accidents.

Besides, wash - rinse - hang & dry those Under Armour undies on the laundry line as DIY, I am sure Dan can get exceptional laundry service w less than 24 hours turnaround as a Haven guest onboard. 

Otherwise, I am sure he knows the store at Clocktower Mall sell them as the ship's gift shop don't ... maybe the crew commissary below deck ?   

Last but not least, Amazon Prime delivery to Dockyard "locker" in Bermuda ?  anyone knows 😁😁😁  

P.S.  Imagine if several of us (and then some more showing up unannounced ahead) somehow all managed to cruise together for a week+ on the same ship, what a "riot" for an onboard convention to gather and reporting ... "live streaming from the Norwegian ..." over Starlink.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2024 at 8:51 AM, Laszlo said:

I do plan to do a review, not sure if it will be live or not. One thing I will absolutely be doing is a cabin tour of our cabin on deck 10. I'm looking forward to the large deck. My wife is worried about her hair blowing around Lol. I also plan to do a bunch of time lapse videos. Another video I will be doing is on the Thermal Spa, in fact I just booked my pass. $199... ugh... but we got rid of our hot tub a year ago and I miss not having one. Our friends who we are sailing with bought the pass also. I don't plan to spend much time in there is the weather is nice but it will be nice to have and will be a very short walk from our cabin

Greetings from the Thermal Spa. You got a steal at $199 as it was $299 to pre book. However, absolutely no regrets!

89E11343-AEA1-438D-ACCA-60F75D23BD1C.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, psuboater said:

Greetings from the Thermal Spa. You got a steal at $199 as it was $299 to pre book. However, absolutely no regrets!

89E11343-AEA1-438D-ACCA-60F75D23BD1C.jpeg

You have to remember I'm on the Gem not the Joy. I also remember our first cruise on the Gem when the Thermal Spa was $79 for a week Lol

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Besides, wash - rinse - hang & dry those Under Armour undies on the laundry line as DIY, I am sure Dan can get exceptional laundry service w less than 24 hours turnaround as a Haven guest onboard. 

Otherwise, I am sure he knows the store at Clocktower Mall sell them as the ship's gift shop don't ... maybe the crew commissary below deck ?   

Last but not least, Amazon Prime delivery to Dockyard "locker" in Bermuda ?  anyone knows 😁😁😁  

P.S.  Imagine if several of us (and then some more showing up unannounced ahead) somehow all managed to cruise together for a week+ on the same ship, what a "riot" for an onboard convention to gather and reporting ... "live streaming from the Norwegian ..." over Starlink.  

All of us?  Sailing together?  Same Ship?  Live posts from all of us?  All the time?

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

😱

Please take a look, there are several spots where he recorded some CC members in their cruise mode

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Nice video Jim

The guy who did the video is a fighter pilot from Norway, he was on the Viva TA and said he would post one for that cruise, which I never found.

@Sugar Magnolia Second that motion, back to the Birthday Boy

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Okie dokie, jokes & fun aside ... happy B'day, Dan and in other not-so-serious real cruise news/update ...

seemed like the Joy is beating the Celebrity Eclipse en route to Dockyard at 11.6 kn vs. 11.4 kn with an ETA of 06:00 UTC for Wed, while RC's Liberty of the Seas < are hitching a ride on her to call on Sydney (CPI) NS this September >  is westbound toward NY at 20.8 kn.  Pretty reasonable to assume no migratory Right Whales sighted lately and no speed zone restrictions or unforeseen USCG enforced slowdown.  

Calm seas, sunny skies and high cirrus clouds - a beautiful sea day (from ship's live webcam feed.)  NCL is sailing to sustain, only needing to run 2 out of 4 engines for an easy crossing to go across, reduced carbon footprints and less fuel consumed.  

P.S.  my bad, ooops ... almost mixed up the Joy & Escape (fixed, just in time) 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone.  Y'all are kind.  Made it through the weekend without "gettin' killed or caught"!

My friends took me to a bar that purports to have the biggest selection of bourbons in the world.  This is probably 1/10th of what they had....

Image.jpeg

• Like 6

Got my laundry done yesterday.  Will start packing in the next couple of days.

Was going to post a picture, but how boring is it to see some clothes hanging in a closet?  LOL!

You'll have to settle on a vid of this nice lady filling up the NCL laundry bag without ripping it, which is no mean feat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just realized this a.m., I need to get my iron out.  And, I don't know where it is......

Or, I could just pack these the way they are and use a little Downy Wrinkle Away (or whatever they call it) once I get on board.....

Or, not really care that everything is wrinkled and have people think....,"oh look, they took his iron away as a prohibited item..."

IMG_3419.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Two things about that laundry bag video:

No undies??

And what's with the centimeters? I suppose I could try to convert it to inches, but I hate math, so...

Thinking she was "too modest" to have anyone see her stuffing her "bloomers" in the bag?

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

What's an iron? I haven't used one of those since before 2015...not really sure when the last time was, but I know I never used one after 2015 when I moved to the Rocky Mountains.

Ain't that the truth!  I know I have one.  Can't remember the last time I used it, or where I put it after I used it.  I know it's not in the laundry room, nor in my bedroom walk in.  Maybe it's in the basement?  In a box of forgotten toys? 😉

29 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

You're obviously not a golfer...

I am.  Putter, 9 iron, sand wedge.  2 and 3 wood.  What else do you need?  LOL!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Thinking she was "too modest" to have anyone see her stuffing her "bloomers" in the bag?

Video left out the liner, helps stuffing it full and pulling the strap to seal it tightly, insert the laundry slip & write down it's Platinum / Sapphire / Diamond - no coupons needed. 

Collage_2024-06-11_10_17_01.thumb.jpg.7df2af9628c1589c1809cfd96674e352.jpg

Collage_2024-06-11_10_19_52.thumb.jpg.4cc40072abcf27bfac7dd67eb1f65373.jpg

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Video left out the liner, helps stuffing it full and pulling the strap to seal it tightly, insert the laundry slip & write down it's Platinum / Sapphire / Diamond - no coupons needed. 

Collage_2024-06-11_10_17_01.thumb.jpg.7df2af9628c1589c1809cfd96674e352.jpg

Collage_2024-06-11_10_19_52.thumb.jpg.4cc40072abcf27bfac7dd67eb1f65373.jpg

Good point.  I used a liner (based on your recommendation) when I sailed the Epic in the Mediterranean last year.  I had to.  Otherwise, the bag would have ripped top to bottom, side-to-side.  

For those who aren't familiar, the bags they use for laundry have to be the lightest, thinnest, least durable material they could possibly get away with.  Calling it a laundry bag does a disservice to all bags, everywhere, used for whatever reason.

It's even thinner than those brown lunch bags my Mother used to make me put my sandwiches in to take to school.

Image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

What's an iron? I haven't used one of those since before 2015...not really sure when the last time was, but I know I never used one after 2015 when I moved to the Rocky Mountains.

Obviously not a quilter or someone who sews. For those of us who do, an iron is a necessity. Now for finished clothing items that's a different story. I hang up most stuff coming out of the washer and air dry (environmentally friendly and except for linen things, no ironing needed).

• Like 1