*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

1 hour ago, vswan said:

Just throw them in your dryeIr with a damp cloth for a few minutes, pull them out and hang them up.

Best advice and something I do all the time. 

@graphicguy I don't know where my iron is either.  True story: when my son was around 10, I pulled out the ironing board (didn't have a dryer back then). He looked at it and asked me what it was (since he had never seen it before). I told him it was a surf board with legs. Don't think it has been out since (and he is now 30).

• Haha 9

17 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Best advice and something I do all the time. 

@graphicguy I don't know where my iron is either.  True story: when my son was around 10, I pulled out the ironing board (didn't have a dryer back then). He looked at it and asked me what it was (since he had never seen it before). I told him it was a surf board with legs. Don't think it has been out since (and he is now 30).

Funny about ironing/surf board!

I DO NOT miss wearing suits, dress shirts and ties to work every day

My dryer has a “steam function” should help me with wrinkled clothes.  The issue is packing them in my roll board, which gets rolled, tossed, in and out of storage bins, etc.  That causes wrinkles!  

Ergo….

IMG_3427.webp

• Like 6

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

My dryer has a “steam function” should help me with wrinkled clothes.  The issue is packing them in my roll board, which gets rolled, tossed, in and out of storage bins, etc.  That causes wrinkles!  

Ergo….

IMG_3427.webp

Do they sell TSA approved size of the wrinkle release? These wouldn’t work for carry on. 

For wrinkles in clothes on a cruise I have hung them in the bathroom as Ive taken a shower for a bit or just turn the shower to hot and let the steam do the job. It works for most wrinkles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Faulkh said:

Do they sell TSA approved size of the wrinkle release? These wouldn’t work for carry on. 

Yes, they do.  I don’t remember where I bought mine, but probably on Amazon.

1 hour ago, justhappy said:

For wrinkles in clothes on a cruise I have hung them in the bathroom as Ive taken a shower for a bit or just turn the shower to hot and let the steam do the job. It works for most wrinkles.

Another GREAT suggestion that I’ve utilized!  Thx for reminding me!

7 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Packing has commenced. 

20240611_222302.jpg

Look at you all organized…..My packing commences today with checking the things set aside to pack against my mental checklist!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Faulkh said:

You can purchase the travel-sized wrinkle release on Amazon or at the drug stores where they sell travel-sized items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

You can purchase the travel-sized wrinkle release on Amazon or at the drug stores where they sell travel-sized items.

That's what I have.  I think I got mine from Walgreens.  They are about as big as a travel mouthwash bottle.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know if I am lucky or have pleased the deity, but an upgrade for my flights just came through....these were cheap flights when I booked them (less than $300).

Be On Your Way,
The Medallion® Way

cd58f1a0-6900-47b3-9c5f-17da4f9fe26f.png

It's our pleasure to confirm your Complimentary Upgrade. Your itinerary is below for more information – you can view and make changes anytime

Sunday June 16 DEPART ARRIVE SEAT
Delta 5110
Operated by Endeavor Air DBA Delta Connection
First Class
Cincinnati, Ohio
7:15 am
LaGuardia, New York
9:17 am
4C
Sunday June 23 DEPART ARRIVE SEAT
Delta 5030
Delta Comfort+®
LaGuardia, New York
2:15 pm
Cincinnati, Ohio
4:27 pm
7C
Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 9

And, of course, the first of MANY safety videos that will grace my emails and my cabin TV before we sail....

Norwegian Cruise Line

Jun 13, 2024

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We are delighted you will join us onboard Norwegian Joy very soon.

We are doing everything we can to make your experience truly spectacular. To that end, we are requiring all guests to re-watch the pre-boarding safety video, which you first viewed during online check-in, before you set sail. This will ensure a smooth embarkation process at the pier. The video can be found here.

We appreciate your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Katty Byrd,

Senior Vice President, Guest Services

• Haha 8

On 6/11/2024 at 10:16 PM, graphicguy said:

Ergo….

IMG_3427.webp

Thankfully in my art department we never had to wear suits or ties. Usually I'm here with jeans, a t-shirt or maybe slacks and a button up 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I don't know if I am lucky or have pleased the deity, but an upgrade for my flights just came through....these were cheap flights when I booked them (less than $300).

Be On Your Way,
The Medallion® Way

It's our pleasure to confirm your Complimentary Upgrade. Your itinerary is below for more information – you can view and make changes anytime

Delta 5110
First Class
Cincinnati, Ohio
LaGuardia, New York
4C
Delta 5030
Delta Comfort+®
LaGuardia, New York
Cincinnati, Ohio
7C

Congrats on your upgrade! Can you throw some of those positive vibes my way so I win my upgrade bid from an inside solo to a balcony? Printed out my luggage tag last night so have accepted that I am where I am (and fine with it) but wouldn't complain if a little luck happens.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Be On Your Way,
The Medallion® Way

Delta 5110
First Class
Cincinnati, Ohio
LaGuardia, New York
4C
Delta 5030
Delta Comfort+®
LaGuardia, New York
Cincinnati, Ohio
7C

It was obviously a birthday gift and a recognition for your induction into the Hall of Fame. It's an auspicious sign for a Joyful cruise ahead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

It was obviously a birthday gift and a recognition for your induction into the Hall of Fame. It's an auspicious sign for a Joyful cruise ahead.

My induction to the "Klutz Face Plant" Hall of Fame, maybe.

Or. their way of saying "you spent six figures flying with us during your career.  Here's an upgrade for one of the shortest flights we offer".

Not complaining, mind you.  I'll take any upgrade anyone wants to offer.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

So that explains why I am in economy and down on deck 5. Oh to live the charmed life of @graphicguy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/10/2024 at 10:31 AM, mking8288 said:

Besides, wash - rinse - hang & dry those Under Armour undies on the laundry line as DIY, I am sure Dan can get exceptional laundry service w less than 24 hours turnaround as a Haven guest onboard. 

Otherwise, I am sure he knows the store at Clocktower Mall sell them as the ship's gift shop don't ... maybe the crew commissary below deck ?   

Last but not least, Amazon Prime delivery to Dockyard "locker" in Bermuda ?  anyone knows 😁😁😁  

P.S.  Imagine if several of us (and then some more showing up unannounced ahead) somehow all managed to cruise together for a week+ on the same ship, what a "riot" for an onboard convention to gather and reporting ... "live streaming from the Norwegian ..." over Starlink.  

I think I found that cruise. Haven cabins everywhere, Starlink, and solo cabins. Plus the new ship smell.

image.thumb.png.f56c19f37562d10bd7d747dabf9097ac.png

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That's what I have.  I think I got mine from Walgreens.  They are about as big as a travel mouthwash bottle.  

I started traveling with these concentrated mouthwash. You have to add water but the bottle is only 50 ml and lasts a long time. 

IMG_5631.thumb.jpeg.225fee65aa2d474e64b9f45b3d8dfa77.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I started traveling with these concentrated mouthwash. You have to add water but the bottle is only 50 ml and lasts a long time. 

I've never seen that!  Very smart👏

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I started traveling with these concentrated mouthwash. You have to add water but the bottle is only 50 ml and lasts a long time

Comes in handy if you want to "scope out" your fellow cruising singles.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

New to me.  Love it.  Will look for it at my local Walgreens today.

• Like 1