Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Do you mean they like or unlike X policies re balcony furniture?

Far and away reviews RAVE about their cruises, far exceeds expectations 

2 minutes ago, Liao said:

Wow. A standing ovation from the balcony, I suppose!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Good question

There has been barely a trickle mention of it.  Many seem to be first or newbie cruisers, Celebrity’s current target.

• Thanks 1

We are currently in a family veranda on the Summit in Alaska.  (June 9th, 2024.) There are definitely lounge chairs in the aft cabins. Here are 4 of the balconies on the aft starboard side.  

1BDB7EC8-5F12-46C3-A96A-1C8583958D12.jpeg

C369B6D7-1810-48B6-B8EA-7E19F47C5AF0.jpeg

F66EE350-2100-49F0-8579-094E240917AE.jpeg

3C28E502-6AA2-41A1-9041-94E800411185.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thank you, nightowl1!!!

I just received--and shipped back--my "light, portable" lounger from Amazon because the lying liars lied about both the dimensions and the weight. No can do, lol. This is a hugely relieving prediction for our corner sunset suite in the fall, albeit on the Connie... (Unless we hear different before then--in which case, perhaps a collapsible footstool is in our future.)

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Nightowl11 said:

We are currently in a family veranda on the Summit in Alaska.  (June 9th, 2024.) There are definitely lounge chairs in the aft cabins. Here are 4 of the balconies on the aft starboard side.  

1BDB7EC8-5F12-46C3-A96A-1C8583958D12.jpeg

C369B6D7-1810-48B6-B8EA-7E19F47C5AF0.jpeg

F66EE350-2100-49F0-8579-094E240917AE.jpeg

3C28E502-6AA2-41A1-9041-94E800411185.jpeg

Looks like you're on Deck 8.  This past April, we were in that corner cabin next to you.

Edited by mahdnc

On 6/7/2024 at 11:09 AM, FeelingCruisy said:

Strange you mention that.  We were on the Oceania Marina, we were both laying in bed winding down, loud boom, almost like a gun shot.   And then one of the sliding glass shattered into many pieces but still together in one piece with no pieces on the ground.   Strangely enough it was the middle panel sandwiched by 2 others that shattered.   Security came and first thing they asked was not what happened but what did we do to shatter it.    Moved us to a different room and back again the next day after they replaced it.  We did have 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.  Non of them was close to the door

We were in corner aft Neptune suite a few years ago on a HAL ship, came out in the morning to see broken safety glass on the balcony deck. Peeking over, we saw that the next-door balcony was completely shattered and glass all over the deck on their side. We called maintenance, who showed up with a broom, lol.  They got pretty excited and a bunch of officers showed up. The pax next door blearily came out in his robe to inspect. We never heard the explanation--but when we went up for lunch in the Lido, part of the outside deck was roped off to sweep up MORE safety glass, which was from a shattered glass wall on the deck above. All very odd...

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Looks like you're on Deck 8.  This past April, we were in that corner cabin next to you.

Yes!  It’s a great location. We always try and get aft on cruises. Especially in Alaska. 

On 6/8/2024 at 5:39 PM, Salf777 said:

Just canceled 3 upcoming Celebrity cruises in a suites. Haven’t liked the changes celebrity has been making and this was just the last thing that made me decide that what they offer now for the suites doesn’t justify the prices they are charging. Trying out a few real “luxury” lines for not much more and/or very close in pricing. 
IMHO Celebrity’s new CEO is making many wrong decisions. But I’m not the CEO. From my discussion with staff onboard recently Celebrity is trying to appeal to a new crowd and become more “Royal”. It seems as if they are tired of existing customer base and finding a new base willing to pay more for less. If it works good for them. However this reminds me a lot of what recently happened with Disney. A new CEO came in and raised the prices on everything. Well for a while it worked everything was consistently packed and they made a ton of money. Eventually the old CEO is back

Seen the suggestion often that Celebrity is becoming more Royal. Have never sailed them but from what I know they’re more aimed at families with children - what else is there that Celebrity is doing that draws you and others to that conclusion?

On your point about being tired of existing customer base, I don’t get your point. As any company would, they are looking to expand their customer base. Times change. Nobody forces anyone to sail Celebrity and I’ve seen loads of loyalists here say they’ve moved on and I applaud them for that. We still love Celebrity and if ever that changes we will move on, one thing we won’t do though is hang around here telling people how rubbish Celebrity is.

• Like 2

We are in a RS on Silhouette. We asked the shoreside concierge for a lounger and was told we’d have one.  We arrived and . . . No surprise . . . No lounger.  Table. 2 chairs.  Another chair that looked like a lounger but was a chair (missing part for your legs/feet) with a big sign on it that said:  “DO NOT LAY FLAT.”  You can’t make this up. 

I said nothing. Not long after we’d boarded, we were asked if we wanted a lounger. Uh, yeah. We had one within the hour. 

This was the first cruise that I wasn’t totally looking forward to - b/c of the lounger situation. It all worked out but way more stress than I want on a cruise.  

Must admit that, so far, the cruise has been much better than our last on X.  But “lounger anxiety” is not something I want to deal with. 3 future cruises booked.  Zero on X. Hope the millennials enjoy.  

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Liao said:

They love their cruises from comments above, but do they love their balcony FURNITURE? 

We have a magic carpet suite reserved for a November cruise on the Edge. Selected that suite for the loungers as chairs are uncomfortable. I called Celebrity today and representative checked with his supervisor and confirmed that there will be no loungers on our balcony. It is a very sea day intensive cruise and we intend to spend a lot of time relaxing on the balcony so we'll need to evaluate cabins/options. Thank you for all that posted their experiences and pictures. 

We have a magic carpet suite reserved for a November cruise on the Edge. Selected that suite for the loungers as chairs are uncomfortable. I called Celebrity today and representative checked with his supervisor and confirmed that there will be no loungers on our balcony. It is a very sea day intensive cruise and we intend to spend a lot of time relaxing on the balcony so we'll need to evaluate cabins/options. Some have had success in getting loungers added once on the cruise but I don't want to take that chance. Thank you for all that posted their experiences and pictures. 

2 hours ago, Milliegirl229 said:

We have a magic carpet suite reserved for a November cruise on the Edge. Selected that suite for the loungers as chairs are uncomfortable. I called Celebrity today and representative checked with his supervisor and confirmed that there will be no loungers on our balcony. It is a very sea day intensive cruise and we intend to spend a lot of time relaxing on the balcony so we'll need to evaluate cabins/options. Some have had success in getting loungers added once on the cruise but I don't want to take that chance. Thank you for all that posted their experiences and pictures. 

Honestly I would look at another cruise line. The furniture on the balcony of E class ships is very uncomfortable. We were so disappointed. 

3 hours ago, cbfb said:

Honestly I would look at another cruise line. The furniture on the balcony of E class ships is very uncomfortable. We were so disappointed. 

This was exactly our experience on our recent Apex cruise in an SV, sadly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MustBCruzn said:

This was exactly our experience on our recent Apex cruise in an SV, sadly. 

It’s so frustrating! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbfb said:

They ARE uncomfortable, as are a LOT of the chairs in other areas of E Class ships.  

But the veranda chairs are horrible.  I suppose the "powers that be" think that with horribly uncomfortable seating it will make people get out of their rooms and spend more money in stores/bars/restaurants. All this does for us is give us yet another reason to be looking elsewhere for our cruises. 

We have one X cruise left this fall on Equinox.  The next 3 after that are on Princess. On the first one, among other things the balcony will have a table, 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and 2 lounges. We looked at the nearly identical itinerary on Celebrity, same number of nights, and in similar accommodations Princess was several thousand less..... no brainer for us......

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

They ARE uncomfortable, as are a LOT of the chairs in other areas of E Class ships.  

But the veranda chairs are horrible.  I suppose the "powers that be" think that with horribly uncomfortable seating it will make people get out of their rooms and spend more money in stores/bars/restaurants. All this does for us is give us yet another reason to be looking elsewhere for our cruises. 

We have one X cruise left this fall on Equinox.  The next 3 after that are on Princess. On the first one, among other things the balcony will have a table, 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and 2 lounges. We looked at the nearly identical itinerary on Celebrity, same number of nights, and in similar accommodations Princess was several thousand less..... no brainer for us......

We are trying princess in November too. 8 of us that would have normally been on Celebrity. Hoping we love it! 

29 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

And Princess still includes gratuities in their $60/day Plus package. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

And many other perks too......

Yes, drinks up to $15 and WiFi, two premium desserts per day that look like they were designed by an 8 year old, and two casual dining meals. No charge for room service or medallion activation fee. Two fitness classes, ostensibly to counter the premium desserts lol. 

• Like 3