Has anyone booked an extra seat through EZ Air?

We are looking at EZ Air flights to London on British Air. Considering the amazing low fare through EZ Air for an economy seat, I would rather book three seats for the two of us and it would be much cheaper than two Premium Economy seats and in a different universe than Business Class. It’s just a 9 hour flight (we can survive in economy), but a guaranteed open middle seat for water bottles, pillows, devices, etc would sure be nice. Has anyone managed to do this using EZ Air?  The airline price for these seats is almost twice as expensive.

That’s a great question.  I know the airline can book the extra seat, as they put your name as

2Amarillo/Pescado/Extraseat.

Alerting extra seat booked for you.

I would call EZAir and ask what their procedure would be.  It would have to be up to EZAir since you’re booking through them.

Do let us know.

• Thanks 1

Very interesting idea.  I would like to know the answer to.  Have you contacted EZ Air directly? 

800-545-0008

airdepartment@princesscruises.com

I have called.  I have not every emailed them.  If it goes to Princess.com 800, don't talk to them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We are looking at EZ Air flights to London on British Air. Considering the amazing low fare through EZ Air for an economy seat, I would rather book three seats for the two of us and it would be much cheaper than two Premium Economy seats and in a different universe than Business Class. It’s just a 9 hour flight (we can survive in economy), but a guaranteed open middle seat for water bottles, pillows, devices, etc would sure be nice. Has anyone managed to do this using EZ Air?  The airline price for these seats is almost twice as expensive.

We have booked the two seats through EZ Air but booked the middle seat on our own.  
it ended up being a hassle because when using EZ Air, they’ve changed our flights so often and this time was no different.  And when they change the plane out, the seats may not be next to one another.  
It works so well to buy that middle seat, especially when it is not pricey but things can go wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have booked the two seats through EZ Air but booked the middle seat on our own.  
it ended up being a hassle because when using EZ Air, they’ve changed our flights so often and this time was no different.  And when they change the plane out, the seats may not be next to one another.  
It works so well to buy that middle seat, especially when it is not pricey but things can go wrong.  

Those are good points.  Thank you.  I feel somewhat comfortable trying to book this through EZ Air because it’s a direct flight that has been in existence for at least ten years.  I hope that makes it less likely to be changed. 

I tried to use live chat last night and again today, but it’s going nowhere. I will call, but not this morning. I need to charge my AirPods before I do the Princess hold. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you do book the extra seat, remember to do on-line check in for that mythical person so that it appears as if the seat will be occupied.

Even then, if the flight is oversold, BA may still put someone in it as the flight boards.  Their system will tally who has boarded (at the gate) and if it shows your extra seat isn't occupied, they may move someone into it.  Again, only if they are oversold and have standby passengers waiting at the gate.  Not exactly likely but can happen.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:

If you do book the extra seat, remember to do on-line check in for that mythical person so that it appears as if the seat will be occupied.

Even then, if the flight is oversold, BA may still put someone in it as the flight boards.  Their system will tally who has boarded (at the gate) and if it shows your extra seat isn't occupied, they may move someone into it.  Again, only if they are oversold and have standby passengers waiting at the gate.  Not exactly likely but can happen.

We were oversold once and they asked us who the seat belonged to and we said it was ours.  We are average sized people but just cannot stand someone that is heavy spilling over into our seat and I can’t chance being next to someone with strong perfume or cologne on without having breathing issues.  
Anyway, they never asked if they could have our seat back.  Depending on who they assigned to the seat (nobody that needed two seats and nobody doused in perfume), I would have sold it back to them.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:

Advising the gate agent when you arrive at the gate is a must!  Also, going through the scanner using both BP’s is also a must.  Seats would be accounted for.

EZAir probably will just have to manually book this extraseat reservation.

We tried to do that through Easy air and they would not let us.   We have booked an extra seat directly with the airline in the past and were very pleased with the extra room.  

• Thanks 1

Air New Zealand came out with a "skycouch" concept years ago, which basically gives you the 3 seats across in a coach setting. Unfortunately they discontinued the LAX-LHR route in 2020. We did this in 2011 and it was great.The seats had foot rests and you  could lay down if so inclined.  I did some checking and it looks like Lufthansa has a similar concept going called Sleepers Row. Not sure if their flights would work for you or if they are on EZ air but may be something worth checking. The price when we did it was very reasonable and since you were not actually "buying" the 3rd seat but the "skycouch"  there was not problem with providing a 3rd passenger name. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  As stated here, EZ Air says they can’t book the extra seat. They then told me to call the airline and do a con-sell, which didn’t work at all. I called BA (the airline for our existing EZ Air flights) and they can book extra seats (note:  if you ever have this question for your airline, search on their website for “wedding dress”.  It worked when “extra seat” did not). However, they can only book an extra seat once the first seat has been ticketed (ours has not), AND they say that the original travel agency (in this case EZ Air) must make the reservation through their Trade Support Team.

So I am back to square one, or maybe square 1.5.  I will try again when our reservation is ticketed, which is coming up fast. Even if I pay the airline fare for the third seat, our three seats would be about 60% the cost of two seats in Premium Economy, which still don’t give us the extra seat we are hoping for. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

So I am back to square one, or maybe square 1.5.  I will try again when our reservation is ticketed, which is coming up fast. Even if I pay the airline fare for the third seat, our three seats would be about 60% the cost of two seats in Premium Economy, which still don’t give us the extra seat we are hoping for. 

I have been booking comfort seats on BA on local European flights for a few years and it's always been a frustrating experience. Last time we spoke to Customer Services who took the details and then you have to wait while they push it through their back office to get a quote for the extra cost. We waited to hear back but had to phone back 3 weeks later - they said the seats were allocated to us but said they would have to resubmit the quote in the queue. We then got a call 3 days later and paid for the seats.  We got a revised ticketing email with the additional charges but no mention that it was for the comfort seats and you have no indication on your online booking either. So you just check-in for your original seats and have to trust that it's your booking that's grabbed the middle seats. It may be better for long haul but don't get your hopes up!

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1