Ruby Princess May 14, 2024–Eating Live

CynCyn

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"OK, this is a FUN twist on a Live from...report! Thanks Cyn Cyn! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

CynCyn was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Welcome aboard my eating live thread for the Ruby Princess Alaska Cruise beginning May 14!  I’ve been searching for dining menus this year and haven’t seen them so I thought I would share.  I’ll report in on other things but plan on lots of relaxing!

Here are the Day One Menus

IMG_7095.png

IMG_7096.png

IMG_7097.png

IMG_7098.png

• Like 3

Update on dinner. It was great! Small

portions but that is ok with me. 

garlic ‘prawns’

IMG_7108.thumb.jpeg.1b70ea18695b8d91100f4ef74e94156e.jpeg

Pork Tenderloin Medallions

IMG_7109.thumb.jpeg.a80dd4807dd4c8518f90518d441f54dd.jpeg

Love Boat Dream- changed again!

IMG_7111.thumb.jpeg.5dbe9a2302192f9d8e46ebb14252ac8b.jpeg

Chocolate Soufflé 

IMG_7110.thumb.jpeg.fb5ee010e3ca503302074c464db11365.jpeg

While there was a line for reservations I was seated within 5 minutes of my time of 7:40 PM. I finished in an hour and 5 minutes. 

Service on the Ruby has been fabulous. Miles ahead of my last experience on the Discovery. It’s crazy because we had delayed boarding for deep cleaning. You would think the crew oils be stressed but they aren’t showing it at all! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Deep cleaning? Any idea why?

they had some noro issues onboard I think. My dad was on the May 7 Ruby sailing and on the second day and rest of voyage the buffet was all served by crew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helovestrains said:

Following as we board the Ruby on May 21st.  Good to hear that you are happy with the service and the crew.

They are the friendliest crew I have seen since COVID. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I heard a variety of illnesses- covid, flu, and noro. 

You heard right. I came off Ruby on May 7 and tested positive for Covid two days later. Mild flu like symptoms fortunately. Plenty of coughing around toward the end of the cruise. Please be careful.

Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to following along. If you have time, would you please post the vegan menu that is hopefully showing desserts. I love sweets and I am allergic to dairy so I am usually left out. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

CynCyn, if you get a chance to do the Chef's Table, do it. We were on the Regal with your Executive Chef, Russel Clarke. His stories are hilarious and the food he and his kids (as he calls them) prepare is the best.

Enjoy the cruise from a fellow Texan.

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

You heard right. I came off Ruby on May 7 and tested positive for Covid two days later. Mild flu like symptoms fortunately. Plenty of coughing around toward the end of the cruise. Please be careful.

I am so sorry! I hope you are feeling better!

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I thought the same thing, but I didn’t say it! 😂😂😂

I’ll do better next time. Couldn’t think of a title- since I don’t do ‘lives’ 😂😃😂😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to following along. If you have time, would you please post the vegan menu that is hopefully showing desserts. I love sweets and I am allergic to dairy so I am usually left out. Enjoy your cruise! 

I’ll see if I can find that!!

• Thanks 1

Juneau- Day 3 Menu

No food pictures- I was too hungry and I didn’t eat dessert or see a menu. 

Nothing really appealed to me. I had the New York Strip and French Onion Soup. It was great!

IMG_7195.thumb.png.988ab8abf323be970c6a46fb0bcfdf2b.pngIMG_7196.thumb.png.ac790add2f7a9f66c1e18b24e2f06762.pngIMG_7197.thumb.png.dba5ce828311f6de0465bb3e0fd6bfcf.pngIMG_7198.thumb.png.eece5026d9efe20d36663f7659d61ef3.png

• Like 2

Also- today they quit serving in the buffet and we are able to get our own coffee, water, juice, etc. 

In Skagway now. Trying to decide what to eat for lunch. 

• Like 1

I ate lunch at Woadie’s. It is a seafood place with crab, oysters, and fish and chips. I had a Klondike Brewing Raspberry Ale called Yhe Devil’s Punchbowl. It was so good, so now I’m at Klondike Brewing having a flight!

• Like 2