Frankfurters or Hot Dogs ?

2 hours ago, Donald said:

McLipLids

All the parts of a cow that you would never, ever consider eating go into what Americans usually call hot dogs.

That’s an old story oft told.  We have some excellent host dogs here in NE.  Kayem, Old Neighhood, Deutchmaker, Marketbasket, etc. etc.  None of these use cattle byproducts.  

I'd usually think of them as hot dogs. That's the sausage and the bread. Not that I often think of them, as I don't like them. Tried them on a couple of occasions when visiting America, without enjoyment - and not in recent years. 

Now a decent pork sausage sandwich would another thing altogether. As would a grilled bratwurst (always Germans selling them at the Christmas market in the nearby city). 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2024 at 5:08 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

That’s an old story oft told.  We have some excellent host dogs here in NE.  Kayem, Old Neighhood, Deutchmaker, Marketbasket, etc. etc.  None of these use cattle byproducts.  

My family has a large charcuterie company in the American Midwest. We produce hot dogs - among other processed meats - for several large retailers and wholesalers.You would not believe the things that go into the hot dogs - including my cousin’s thumb (many years ago) when it was caught in a grinder.

2 hours ago, Donald said:

My family has a large charcuterie company in the American Midwest. We produce hot dogs - among other processed meats - for several large retailers and wholesalers.You would not believe the things that go into the hot dogs - including my cousin’s thumb (many years ago) when it was caught in a grinder.

That is why I will continue to enjoy the quality hot dogs we have here in the northeast!

On 6/27/2024 at 3:55 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanks Lois, I’m doing well and hope you are too🙂.  When is your next cruise?

Hi, my next cruise is in Nov on a 14 day TA crossing, Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale.

Right now I am on a land trip ( if you can believe it) with 6 other gals to Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons. It is definitely different than a cruise, that is for sure. But I must say, the scenery in this region is magnificant.

On 6/25/2024 at 8:35 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

That is why I will continue to enjoy the quality hot dogs we have here in the northeast!

Our company distributes meat products nation-wide, including the North-east.

Maybe you ate my cousin’s thumb?

Happy Fourth Of July!  Today is National Hotdog Day.  I bought a 2.5 lb box of Kayem natural casing hotdogs (thank you CentPA) yesterday.  I will have a double dog grilled on a butter grilled roll today with mustard,relish and onion…along with a chocolate ice cream soda!  

On 7/4/2024 at 7:58 AM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Happy Fourth Of July!  Today is National Hotdog Day.  I bought a 2.5 lb box of Kayem natural casing hotdogs (thank you CentPA) yesterday.  I will have a double dog grilled on a butter grilled roll today with mustard,relish and onion…along with a chocolate ice cream soda!  

Hi CGT.....I will take a grilled dog.....mustard only please🙂

28 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi CGT.....I will take a grilled dog.....mustard only please🙂

Hi Lois, mustard only…fair enough…but what kind of mustard?  We have regular yellow, spicy brown, Mike’s Deli Mustard, French full grain mustard, or Bertman’s Famous Mustard from Cleveland Stadium etc. etc.😂  Dijon is a no-no!  

15 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Lois, mustard only…fair enough…but what kind of mustard?  We have regular yellow, spicy brown, Mike’s Deli Mustard, French full grain mustard, or Bertman’s Famous Mustard from Cleveland Stadium etc. etc.😂  Dijon is a no-no!  

LOL....sometimes I am just a simple gal with simple taste buds. No fancy mustard for me......regular yellow in one long flow across the dog.