Cabins - Can this be done?

I am looking to book a cruise. At different times, different cabin types show as available. I really want an OV. If I book an inside cabin and later a OV shows as available, would I be able to switch?

Simple answer, yes. Carnival will always sell you an upgraded cabin. Of course you'll have to pay the prevailing price differential.  Do note that the burden to find availability will be yours.  Said another way, it's not like your cabin will 'automatically' upgrade if one pops up.  You'll need to see it and make an instantaneous call to 1-800 or your PVP to snag it.

Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If a cabin comes open you can put a hold on it if you are logged into your Carnival account.  This will give you time to call and make the switch...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 10:05 AM, Daddyfto said:

If a cabin comes open you can put a hold on it if you are logged into your Carnival account.  This will give you time to call and make the switch...

How do you put a hold on the cabin? By booking and reserving the cruise ( even though you already have a booking for that cruise?)?

1 hour ago, simplelife said:

How do you put a hold on the cabin? By booking and reserving the cruise ( even though you already have a booking for that cruise?)?

Just use a PVP

• Like 1

another great post on why people should use a TA or PVP (which cost you nothing and you get their knowledge and expertise).   Op, let us know how it all works out.

• Like 1