Rodeway Inn @ Port Everglades - recommend?

Looking for a spot for one night in FLL area. Doesn't need to be near the port. Rodeway Inn seems to be ok - price is nice. Anyone stay here before? Would you recommend?

tks in advance

Posted (edited)

Rodeway is alright for an overnight stay. No charge shuttle listed for airport and cruise port. The restaurant onsite, Marina84, is a sports bar and can get ‘lively’. Hotel is a reasonable choice. Enjoy…

Edited by Crown Vic
  • Like 2

On 5/19/2024 at 8:59 AM, nbsjcruiser said:

Looking for a spot for one night in FLL area. Doesn't need to be near the port. Rodeway Inn seems to be ok - price is nice. Anyone stay here before? Would you recommend?

tks in advance

I’d read the reviews.  Izzy or whoever used to manage the place was quite a character.  I’ve stayed here before and it was fine for an overnight with a shuttle to the ship.  Not sure if they still offer that though as it’s been years since we stayed. 

11 minutes ago, Freckles1983 said:

I’d read the reviews.  Izzy or whoever used to manage the place was quite a character.  I’ve stayed here before and it was fine for an overnight with a shuttle to the ship.  Not sure if they still offer that though as it’s been years since we stayed. 

Shuttles were active during our one nighter earlier this year…

It's been eight years since we stayed there, but it definitely stuck in my kids' heads, and apparently mine too! They still talk about the carryout food we found in the microwave and that the port shuttle driver called our ship the Celebrity Constipation. Fun times!

Seriously, it was kitschy, and is perfectly fine for a night. It's a 1960's-style motor court with a pool in the middle and outdoor corridors. We arrived after 10pm and still were able to get a decent dinner next door. I think it was karaoke night. Breakfast was included and was typical hotel morning fare. I think we bought a bottle of wine in the gift shop to carry on the ship. Nothing to complain about.

Every time we sail from Port Everglades, we drive to that Rodeway Inn.  For us, they have a Park 'n Sail package that works well for us.  We drive to Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise and park our car at the Rodeway Inn, have lunch/dinner in their restaurant (decent sports bar fare) hang out at the pool having a few beers, walk to our room, get up in the morning and take their shuttle to Port Everglades.  At disembarkation, you call, and they come to get you and you get in your car and go.  For people flying into FLL the night before sailing, they'll pick you up at the airport and take you to the Rodeway and to your ship in the morning.  If you're flying into Miami, there's an additional charge for the shuttle.  If you have a late-night flight out of Florida, they have a special where they'll pick you up at the port and you get a room and can hang out at the pool and take the shuttle to the airport later.  Main drawback is it is on a busy state highway and there's nothing else in the area.

It is a 1960's era motel, but it works for us for one night and the ride to the cruiseport.  If you want fancy, you should look elsewhere.  We've stayed there at least a dozen times and will continue to stay there.  Our last stay was the last week of February this year.  All was fine.

If you're not staying there on disembarkation day, you might want to consider the cruise line transfer to the airport.