Embarkation times from Southampton.

Hi all. This is only our second real cruise and we are going on the Fjords cruise in June leaving from Southampton. 

Can anyone give me a rough idea what time the embarkation would begin? I need to book parking and don't know if we need to book a hotel for the night before, or whether we would have time to drive from home on the day?

Thanks in advance Fiona

Hi, I think the first boarding time is 11.30 am.  I'm sailing on Anthem at the end of June and that was the first time that came up when I booked my boarding time.  The last boarding time is 4.00 pm I believe

47 minutes ago, Fionat29 said:

Hi all. This is only our second real cruise and we are going on the Fjords cruise in June leaving from Southampton. 

Can anyone give me a rough idea what time the embarkation would begin? I need to book parking and don't know if we need to book a hotel for the night before, or whether we would have time to drive from home on the day?

Thanks in advance Fiona

When your online check in opens 45 days out you pick your Arrival Appointment time.  Earliest is around 10.30/11 for those who want to rush on.  Last is about 90 mins before sailing time. 

New AB parking 🅿️ discount code 
PARK2024 brings price down to £112.50

If cruise is in June hasn’t check in already opened?? 

46 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Sometime after 10AM.

Might be a bit early from Southampton, I'm not sure why but it always seems later than the US cruises we have taken. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fionat29 said:

Thanks in advance Fiona

These days you select an arrival slot (30 minutes wide) and plan to check-in within that slot. You can select an available slot on the app but be aware that the early ones are very popular and likely will be snapped up within hours, if not minutes, of being released. 

If you are in a suite you can also check-in up to an hour early on your booked arrival time, (although that will have no effect on the time boarding generally commences.)

Given that you are onboard for a week and need to plan your parking or accommodation plans to suit your own situation, I would just select a slot from those still available and come up with a relaxed plan that works for you. After 1pm the rooms are normally available and the only thing you have really missed is the scrum for the Windjammer.  

• Like 1

Thank you Jetdriver, in between asking the question and receiving you answer, I've actually had an email from RCI asking me to check in. That's when I realised we can choose our check-in time.

Thanks for your answer we are all good now.

Hi,

Not sure where you are coming from or what day of the week your cruise starts, but if its a saturday then I would suggest driving down friday night (if you cannot get down earlier if working etc) and stay in an hotel near the docks that has parking included and go out and enjoy the nightlife. We always stay the night before just in case there is an accident on the M3 etc as this can cause all sorts of issues with traffic.

The drive from an hotel near Southampton central train station for instance will take only minutes if you follow the road round to gate 10 and then park up in one of the car parks near the cruise terminal (someone has already posted the code to get a good price).

We would normally aim to board between 1130 and 1200. 

Enjoy the Anthem, she is lovely ship, and if he is still in Vintages, say hello to Indy and see what wonderful cocktails he can make you!

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...