Liberty of the Seas - Room Assignments

Hello - We are scheduled to cruise in July and just received our room assignments.  We are sailing with another couple.  Our rooms are on different floors, opposite ends of the ship AND different classifications (Superior Balcony vs Deluxe Balcony).  We booked same time with same TA.  I have reached out to the TA waiting for a response.  My question is, is it worth the aggravation trying to switch it up?  Is there that much of a difference between the room classifications?  The deluxe room is located next to the elevators and on a higher level.  The superior is the first balcony room on the front of the ship lower level....  

Posted (edited)

Agree with @smokeybandit.  If these were GTY bookings, you and your party could be assigned any stateroom anywhere on the ship within the sub-categories covered by the GTY.  However as long as there is availability of other staterooms withing the assigned sub-category you can request to have your stateroom(s) moved to another location at no charge.

The only issue here is that you were assigned different subcategories, which may complicate things.  I would talk with your TA to see what options exist for you.  As long as available staterooms remain, they likely could reassign the higher sub-category stateroom to the lower one and get them closer together. Possibly visa versa since they were issued under the same GTY fare.

The staterooms are essentially the same, with the sub-category difference based primarily on location.

Call your TA and have the conversation - don't relay solely on email or text.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I kinda think you mean Spacious Balcony vs. Deluxe Balcony -- if so, the rooms are identical, but one has a larger balcony.  

Before you call, open up the website and see whether any close-together balconies are available.  If you could identify two sets of acceptable rooms, it'd be better yet.  Then call and see if you can be moved to those rooms.  If you call knowing exactly what you want, you're more likely to get it.  

BUT if they say no -- and they very well may -- it's not the end of the world.  

6 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I kinda think you mean Spacious Balcony vs. Deluxe Balcony -- if so, the rooms are identical, but one has a larger balcony.  

Before you call, open up the website and see whether any close-together balconies are available.  If you could identify two sets of acceptable rooms, it'd be better yet.  Then call and see if you can be moved to those rooms.  If you call knowing exactly what you want, you're more likely to get it.  

BUT if they say no -- and they very well may -- it's not the end of the world.  

how can you tell what is available?  

3 minutes ago, BNR091496 said:

how can you tell what is available?  

Open up a mock booking. 

Open up balcony rooms; the available balcony rooms will be colored, while the booked rooms will be in white.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Open up a mock booking. 

Open up balcony rooms; the available balcony rooms will be colored, while the booked rooms will be in white.

Thank you so much!  Haven't cruised in over 12 years and still navigating around how this works.  Things have definitely changed

6 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Open up a mock booking. 

No more rooms available!  Looks like it is going to be a packed ship!  Thank you again!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BNR091496 said:

No more rooms available!  Looks like it is going to be a packed ship!  Thank you again!

I would still call your TA and ask.  I would not go just by the website.  They don't always release all available staterooms and there may still be some in inventory. Your TA will know best how to confirm. BTW, most ships sail full but since your sailing isn't until July it likely is not completely closed out yet.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I would still call your TA and ask.  I would not go just by the website.  They don't always release all available staterooms and there may still be some in inventory. Your TA will know best how to confirm. BTW, most ships sail full but since your sailing isn't until July it likely is not completely closed out yet.

Will do! Thank you!  I am just thinking if there isn't a huge difference in the rooms - maybe I will just leave it!  One concern was the location to the elevators - My room is the first room off the elevator - good thing?  Bad Thing?

1 minute ago, BNR091496 said:

Will do! Thank you!  I am just thinking if there isn't a huge difference in the rooms - maybe I will just leave it!  One concern was the location to the elevators - My room is the first room off the elevator - good thing?  Bad Thing?

I always hood a mid ship balcony as close to the stairs/elevator as possible, never had an issue.

12 minutes ago, BNR091496 said:

IMO the elevator bank locations are very good and preferred due to the ease of getting to the different decks - in particular if it is near the main or mid ship bank, which also shortens the walk to the different venues.  The staterooms are separated by a hallway from the elevator lobby and noise is not and issue. 

Up to you, but IMO a phone call to your TA to explore your options has no downside.  You can choose to stay where you are or if there is an option to be closer together, make that choice.  

Either way enjoy your cruise.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

IMO the elevator bank locations are very good and preferred due to the ease of getting to the different decks - in particular if it is near the main or mid ship bank, which also shortens the walk to the different venues.  The staterooms are separated by a hallway from the elevator lobby and noise is not and issue. 

Up to you, but IMO a phone call to your TA to explore your options has no downside.  You can choose to stay where you are or if there is an option to be closer together, make that choice.  

Either way enjoy your cruise.

Thank you!  I appreciate ANY feedback!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BNR091496 said:

Good thing!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BNR091496 said:

Will do! Thank you!  I am just thinking if there isn't a huge difference in the rooms - maybe I will just leave it!  

It's already causing you to worry and taking up time.  Consider accepting it and not worrying further.  Calls to your TA and RCCL all take time and can be stressful.

You can meet up with your friends in various venues around the ship.  Having cabins close together is nice but not essential.

And for those who scold you for booking guarantee cabins, you can laugh at them all as you consider how you saved significant money.

2 hours ago, BNR091496 said:

Yeah, you're almost certainly not moving.  You're talking about July -- high season.  

1 hour ago, BNR091496 said:

Good:  Less walking, which you might find good or bad.

Bad:  Can be noisy.  No, you won't hear the elevators, but, being at the first spot on the hallway, more people will walk past your room to get to their rooms.