Alaska Cruise on 30th. Which Hotel should we stay?

Greeting,

We are leaving for a cruise leaving Seattle on the 30th. We will arrive two days early. Which reasonably priced hotel would you recommend staying at? By reasonable I mean less than 150 per night hopefully. 

Posted (edited)

We stayed at the Moore Hotel, right in downtown.  Small hotel, historic building.  Great little coffee shop attached to lobby with great food.  They have regular hotel rooms with private bath and "euro" rooms (shared bathroom).  We were in a standard queen.  Very comfortable, walking distance to EVERYTHING.  We loved it!  I believe they're around $150 a night for a weekend.  We could see our ship from our hotel window!  

Highly recommend Elliott's Oyster House (you'll have to Uber) on Pier 55 for dinner.  One of the best salmon dinners I've ever had.  😍

Edited by sredish

55 minutes ago, sirdanny said:

Greeting,

We are leaving for a cruise leaving Seattle on the 30th. We will arrive two days early. Which reasonably priced hotel would you recommend staying at? By reasonable I mean less than 150 per night hopefully. 

You might have a hard time finding something reasonable with only a week left until your cruise. Usually they are booked months in advance. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Regency which I booked 6 months in advance and it was about $280 per night. 

Best of luck and have a great cruise.

• Like 2

Your best bet with this short notice would be one of the airport area hotels.  In Downtown Seattle proper you would be hard pressed to find anything in the $150 range, especially with short notice.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

"Reasonable" in downtown Seattle is more in the $300 per night range. 

Last week the cheapest we could get 10 days in advance downtown was close to $400 with all taxes and fees. 

Edited by psuboater

3 hours ago, sirdanny said:

Greeting,

if you stay at a hotel close to the airport, you can use the LightRail to get into Seattle very easily.  You purchase a ticket at the machine ( if you are a senior, it's very cheap, like 1or 2 dollars).  Take it to Pioneer Square, or the stop after that.  I think the rail ticket also includes the Monorail to The Space Needle.  The train into Seattle takes about 20-30 min and runs very regularly

( i think its every 6-10 min) 

• Like 1

Go to Seattle Express Shuttle Service. Pick one of the airport hotels on their route and pay for their shuttle service from the hotel to the pier and from the pier to the airport. It is simple and efficient and and saves you the trouble of having to Uber or find a light rail station near your hotel and then having to figure out how to get to the airport after your cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We stayed at the Hotel Max. A boutique type hotel. Price was best for us at the time which was 6 years ago. Would stay there again.  Walkable (10 mins ?)  from the train that we took from the airport to downtown. Cant recall the station we got off on. Very close to a Monorail station. Lots of restaurants.  Literally a 3-5 minute uber ride to the pier. 

Edited by LeDemonBlond

Posted (edited)

In your price range, look at La Quinta near the airport. They have free breakfast and shuttle to the airport. You could take the light rail into downtown to explore. You'll find nothing within that price downtown.

Edited by Glaciers

Seattle has one of the highest COL in the country.  you will need to expand your budget or look for something at the airport, like the La Quinta, for 150 -175/night.  If you are on a loyalty program, this might be the time to use your points