Half moon cay-clam shells

Hi all, I am assuming that if I book a clamshell for our beach day that I am guaranteed one, of course it doesn’t guarantee WHERE correct? Like the cabanas have numbers but not the clamshells 

TIA

Just now, dizgal64 said:

Hi all, I am assuming that if I book a clamshell for our beach day that I am guaranteed one, of course it doesn’t guarantee WHERE correct? Like the cabanas have numbers but not the clamshells 

TIA

Correct.

Based on current pricing you may need to take out a loan to pay for the clamshell. In November, price is now $69.95! On my first visit to HMC many many years ago the CS was either free or $19.95. 

1 minute ago, RedneckBob said:

Based on current pricing you may need to take out a loan to pay for the clamshell. In November, price is now $69.95! On my first visit to HMC many many years ago the CS was either free or $19.95. 

Yikes! Last year Feb 2023 they were $49.95.

I do not think the clam shells are worth it and I do not the location, very crowded area.  I prefer to walk down the beach, get a free lounge chair and pull it up under the trees.  Even with two ships at HMC this has never been a problem. 

This picture was taken first thing in the morning. I walk all the way to the trees.IMG_8519.thumb.jpeg.675de47715443615e5e0e87362b9d692.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, 0106 said:

I do not think the clam shells are worth it and I do not the location, very crowded area.  I prefer to walk down the beach, get a free lounge chair and pull it up under the trees.  Even with two ships at HMC this has never been a problem. 

This picture was taken first thing in the morning. I walk all the way to the trees.IMG_8519.thumb.jpeg.675de47715443615e5e0e87362b9d692.jpeg

Having rented a clamshell for our first couple of stops at HMC, we changed tactics and, like you, take a leisurely stroll past the masses and sit in the shade of the trees. So much more relaxing.

• Thanks 1

We used to rent them, but I find them hot with no breeze.  Plus, they seem to set them up on a sloping hill of sand, so your chairs are never comfortable. I'll go find some spot somewhere down the line with a bit of shade.  Works out well

• Like 2