Epicurean restaurant

Hi

I have just booked the Epicurean restaurant on Britannia for two weeks time.

I have sailed many P&O ships but never eaten in the Epicurean.
Any tips or recommendations from you regulars.

If I can’t make my mind up between fish and meat entrees will they let me try both?..they have no problem with doing that in specialities on Celebrity.

Maybe ordering a steak and the Black Cod,,without the lobster.

We always eat several times in Epicurean on our P&O cruises. The food and service are usually outstanding. Have never tried to order 2 main courses but they can only say no. P&O upcharge for speciality dining is nowhere near the cost of Celebrity so may want you pay a little more. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I have just booked the Epicurean restaurant on Britannia for two weeks time.

I have sailed many P&O ships but never eaten in the Epicurean.
Any tips or recommendations from you regulars.

If I can’t make my mind up between fish and meat entrees will they let me try both?..they have no problem with doing that in specialities on Celebrity.

Maybe ordering a steak and the Black Cod,,without the lobster.

The prawns were nice.

20240503_194221.jpg

I would heartily recommend Epicurean having used it on Azura. I and a few members of the family are sailing on Ventura later this year with one member of the family having a milestone birthday. I should like to book Epicurean for us all, however one member of our party is vegan and whilst I have attempted twice to establish via P&O ‘question and answer’ if vegan meals are available in Epicurean no answer has been forthcoming. Any of you seasoned cruisers know if this is available?

I cannot recall ever seeing any vegan dishes on the Epicurean menu - there may possibly be a vegetarian one. The problem I suspect would be that as it is a small galley with a small menu actually creating a vegan dish without cross contamination might prove difficult.

Perhaps somebody on board at the moment could ask for you.

4 hours ago, Grandad John said:

I would heartily recommend Epicurean having used it on Azura. I and a few members of the family are sailing on Ventura later this year with one member of the family having a milestone birthday. I should like to book Epicurean for us all, however one member of our party is vegan and whilst I have attempted twice to establish via P&O ‘question and answer’ if vegan meals are available in Epicurean no answer has been forthcoming. Any of you seasoned cruisers know if this is available?

Found this link which discusses vegetarian and vegan options on P and O

All sounds very positive

And near the bottom of the blog it appears to show a vegan sample menu for epicurean

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/vegetarian-and-vegan-food-on-po-britannia-2019/

Unless I am mistaken

Green and Co on arvia is amazing for vegan and vegetarians

And even meat eaters like me can enjoy the food there!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Found this link which discusses vegetarian and vegan options on P and O

The only thing I would say about that is that it is dated 2019 which is pre Covid and a lot has changed since the restart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grandad John said:

Have you looked on My P&O under dining? They have a sample menus on there.

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Have you looked on My P&O under dining? They have a sample menus on there.

That was my first port of call, no joy, hence the question to P&O who are experiencing unprecedented levels of query, unprecedented must be the most overworked word in the past four years not just by P&O but all and sundry.

Epicurean do indeed do a Vegan meal.  However you have to let the staff know on the desk.  We told the staff 3 days before our booking by walking up to the front desk and having a chat with them about the requirements 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harryjacobs said:

Epicurean do indeed do a Vegan meal.  However you have to let the staff know on the desk.  We told the staff 3 days before our booking by walking up to the front desk and having a chat with them about the requirements 

Harry

Thank you so much for that, it’ll be great to be able to celebrate my stepsons 60th in style.