Live From Eclipse( sort of)

Lois R

13 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Thanks for the additional information of your take on EC.

. Q, was the shot of the statue taken with a filter?

No filter.  I'm not great at taking pictures.  
That picture was taken with a google pixel 7 and it was 'mostly cloudy' that day.
I'll have to look at the pics my wife took with her iPhone.

1 hour ago, hasentreelake said:

No filter.  I'm not great at taking pictures.  
That picture was taken with a google pixel 7 and it was 'mostly cloudy' that day.
I'll have to look at the pics my wife took with her iPhone.

actually it is an interesting look

Thank you for taking us along with you Lois. Whilst I loved my first trip on Celebrity in January on the Edge, I Think I enjoyed it so much because it was bit more “Edgy” and different  to the other, more traditional, ships within the line. I Was never tempted by their more traditional ships. I Know you haven’t sailed Edge class but maybe some of the other posters could either confirm or deny whether my opinion is misplaced? As for “traygate”, I wouldn’t dream of leaving it in a corridor. See you back on the other side. 

1 hour ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Thank you for taking us along with you Lois. Whilst I loved my first trip on Celebrity in January on the Edge, I Think I enjoyed it so much because it was bit more “Edgy” and different  to the other, more traditional, ships within the line. I Was never tempted by their more traditional ships. I Know you haven’t sailed Edge class but maybe some of the other posters could either confirm or deny whether my opinion is misplaced? As for “traygate”, I wouldn’t dream of leaving it in a corridor. See you back on the other side. 

Hi Davey, your opinion is not misplaced....it is after all your opinion. We all have our own likes and dislikes.

And yes, see you over on the other side.

• Like 1

I adore the Edge class. Alas, Mr B doesn’t agree. So I will continue to lobby for an Edge class cruise, and he will continue to book the Connie, out of our own back yard.

After adjusting expectations for post-Covid changes, we’re happy on any Celebrity, despite also thoroughly enjoying Crystal and Viking. Appropriate expectations are important for your cruise enjoyment!

We did Edge, when she was the only E class, and then, post-Covid, we did Beyond’s first trans-Atlantic. The ship is wonderful but not perfect. Seas were quite rough and there were challenges. Hopefully they’ve been addressed. But it’s truly a fun ship design.

On 5/26/2024 at 10:45 PM, Ellaleah said:

I will be on the Eclipse in 2025.  Can someone explain what you get with a Concierge Balcony vs a regular balcony?  I’m wondering if it is worth it.  Thank you.

When we were lower status we booked concierge for more points.  The appetizers aren't much of an incentive.  July we sail on the Eclipse in Aquaclass for the first time.  Looking forward to trying Blu.

11 minutes ago, eager said:

Hi Lois we are on Eclipse Sunday to Bermuda! Steve and Laura from Toronto.

And? Did you want information about something?

Hope you have a good cruise.

Lois are you on it now or boarding Sunday? We board Sunday. I was wondering if there is information about getting copies of the Dailies. Wondering about fitness classes. Thanks.

She got off last week. 

13 minutes ago, eager said:

Lois are you on it now or boarding Sunday? We board Sunday. I was wondering if there is information about getting copies of the Dailies. Wondering about fitness classes. Thanks.

She got off last week. 

1 hour ago, eager said:

I sailed the ship on May 26th through June 2nd. So I have been home for over a week. 

I don't have any dailies and don't know anything about fitness classes.

If you look at the first post you can see May 25th is when I started the thread and boarded the ship the following day.

11 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Were there ice cream shakes available onboard? 

Good morning, I don't know the answer to that one. I never inquired about ice cream shakes and never looked for one. 

15 hours ago, mauimary said:

She got off last week. 

She got off last week. 

OK thanks. I was wondering if it was cool in the dining room at night.

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

I sailed the ship on May 26th through June 2nd. So I have been home for over a week. 

I don't have any dailies and don't know anything about fitness classes.

If you look at the first post you can see May 25th is when I started the thread and boarded the ship the following day.

OK thank you Lois. Hope you had a good time. Was it chilly in the dining room at night? Just packing now. TIA.

52 minutes ago, eager said:

OK thank you Lois. Hope you had a good time. Was it chilly in the dining room at night? Just packing now. TIA.

I only ate the main dining room once and I was comfortable in there but overall, I was VERY cold in the public spaces. I would wear a warm up jacket many times and in the evenings, I normally used a black cardigan.