Live From Eclipse( sort of)

Lois R

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for another LoisR! and for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Lois R was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hi, thought I would give this a try.....it has been 7 years since my last cruise on Celebrity and since that time I have been on 2 river cruises and another 15 with Silversea. So this is definitely going to be different, but hopefully fun too.

I am in NJ staying at The Embassy Suites. Room is not ready yet so I walked to Ruby Tuesday's for some lunch. Tbe hotel has transport to pick you up at the airport and tomorrow they will take me to the ship for 22.00. No charge for the airport run.

The weather is beautiful today. Sunny and high 70s. 

Anyway, if you have any questions I will try to answer them( to the best of my ability).

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Hi, Lois!  Looking forward to hearing how your return to Celebrity goes.  I'll be on Eclipse in November, so will also be interested in what you think of the ship.  I haven't been on that ship for quite a while.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 3

Thanks for all info. We will be on EC in Oct. for the first time. Been cruising X since Dec. 2016 and have been on several different ships, but not Eclipse. 

Posted (edited)

Hi Lois! So good to hear from you -- will be following this thread! 😎

(I also let the folks on our chat-thread know that you are posting 'live' from NJ!)

Edited by wwcruisers

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I was given a ticket for a free drink so went to the bar for a glass of wine. I met some very nice folks who are also on the cruise. 

I always thought Embassy Suites had appetizers but in this case it was just nuts. Oh well.

The room is nice size with a big walk in shower.

They did give me another ticket for complimentary breakfast in the morning as well.

I am on the 10am shuttle to the ship. Will let you know how things go.🙂

• Like 9

Hi! Will this be a 7 Night to Bermuda? Might you be able to post the first night's daily? That would be cool!

Hi Lois!  We’ll be on Eclipse in February. Last time we were on her was 2019 from Vancouver to Hawaii

Are you going to do the hot glass class. One of my favorite things to do on her. 

Have a great cruise!  Looking forward to following along

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to your impressions of Celebrity since you've been away from them for 7 years.  I think you may find some things have changed.  I was on Eclipse May 11-19 for the 8-night Martha's Vineyard/Bermuda sailing and, while the ship was older and in need of some updating, the ship was overall in excellent shape.  The ship has the "old Michael's Club" which, in my opinion, is a much more warm and appealing atmosphere than the new "Retreat Lounge".  The two Retreat concierges in Michael's Club, John and Chris, were very pleasant and efficient.

If you are able to request Moniek for your server in Luminae she will definitely go out of her way to make sure you are happy.  She's top notch.  Although we were in MDR for our sailing, Moniek made sure we had a table in a perfect location with an excellent wait team.   She has been our server many times in Luminae on Summit.  Overall, we were extremely pleased with our sailing and the service we received in all areas of the ship.

Enjoy and I'm looking forward to your posts. 

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1

We will be on the Eclipse soon.  I will be eagerly following your posts.  Planning on staying at the Embassy Suites for one night /precruise.  Are you happy with this hotel?  

29 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

We will be on the Eclipse soon.  I will be eagerly following your posts.  Planning on staying at the Embassy Suites for one night /precruise.  Are you happy with this hotel?  

Hi, yes. It is nothing "fancy" but I am fine with it. Actually, the shower was fantastic!🙂 

• Like 1

Bon voyage, Lois!

Were you amazed at how crowded breakfast was? Did you find some Eclipse cruisers to sit with? Or did you get to enjoy a nice table by yourself?

12 hours ago, jcpc said:

If you are able to request Moniek for your server in Luminae she will definitely go out of her way to make sure you are happy.  She's top notch.  Although we were in MDR for our sailing, Moniek made sure we had a table in a perfect location with an excellent wait team.   She has been our server many times in Luminae on Summit.  Overall, we were extremely pleased with our sailing and the service we received in all areas of the ship.

Was Moniek an assistant server on Summit Two years ago?  If so, great she got a promotion,  and hope to see her in a few weeks on Eclipse 

1 minute ago, philpcruiser said:

Was Moniek an assistant server on Summit Two years ago?  If so, great she got a promotion,  and hope to see her in a few weeks on Eclipse 

Yes, Moniek was an assistant on Summit a few years back.  She's leaving Eclipse some time in June (I cannot for the life of me remember the date but I know she will not be onboard when I sail again on July 7).  Moniek deserved the promotion......she's a very hard worker and excellent at her job.  Enjoy your sailing.

1 minute ago, jcpc said:

Yes, Moniek was an assistant on Summit a few years back.  She's leaving Eclipse some time in June (I cannot for the life of me remember the date but I know she will not be onboard when I sail again on July 7).  Moniek deserved the promotion......she's a very hard worker and excellent at her job.  Enjoy your sailing.

We sail near the end of June,  so we'll probably miss her.  Too bad.  Nice to see an old face.

• Like 1

Looking forward to following along. Our last cruise with Celebrity was many years ago (zenith, Horizon, Galaxy). Many changes with Celebrity Cruises since then. We sail on Eclipse in July 2024. Beginning to feel a little apprehensive, reading some reviews, but glad to get back to Celebrity and Beautiful Bermuda. Enjoy your cruise.

14 hours ago, jcpc said:

Looking forward to your impressions of Celebrity since you've been away from them for 7 years.  I think you may find some things have changed.  I was on Eclipse May 11-19 for the 8-night Martha's Vineyard/Bermuda sailing and, while the ship was older and in need of some updating, the ship was overall in excellent shape.  The ship has the "old Michael's Club" which, in my opinion, is a much more warm and appealing atmosphere than the new "Retreat Lounge".  The two Retreat concierges in Michael's Club, John and Chris, were very pleasant and efficient.

Enjoy and I'm looking forward to your posts. 

If you happened to be in an upper suite, was there a captains lunch?  The Summit had one last year.  Wondering if the Eclipse does one also.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

If you happened to be in an upper suite, was there a captains lunch?  The Summit had one last year.  Wondering if the Eclipse does one also.

@philpcruiser No suite for me on this sailing......I stayed in a Concierge Class room on this sailing.  I had access to Michael's Club due to my Zenith status.  And I have kept in touch with Moniek after sailing with her for many cruises so I knew she was in Luminae.  

Regarding the "VIP Luncheon" (which is what, if I recall correctly, they used to call this luncheon).  Yes, Eclipse had the VIP Luncheon in addition to the Zenith Luncheon.  So, if you're in a RS or PH, I'm positive you'll be invited to the "VIP Luncheon".

Also, if you're in RS or PH don't forget Celebrity has a priority Luggage Drop in Bayonne located right in front of the terminal doors (right after Zone 6) for RS/PH occupants!

Edited by jcpc