New to HAL questions

DH and I have recently booked a cruise on the Rotterdam for next April. It will be my first time on HAL but we are experienced cruisers, most recently sailing with Celebrity three times since the restart. I know every cruiseline does things a little bit differently and have read up or watched YouTube on most of the information out there but there’s still a few particulars missing. If there’s any other insiders tips and tricks for someone transitioning from Celebrity please let me know. We have booked the Have It All early booking and Club Orange (great tips on how to make the most on the stateroom upgrade, which we did). Anyway, here’s what I’m wondering:

Celebrity has a lot of “flash sales” where drink, wifi packages and shore excursions go on sale. Does HAL put shore excursions on sale ever or is the price pretty standard?

I see there’s a 25% discount for pre booking spa treatments. Is this the best it will ever get or are there additional sales? I also assume there’s sales onboard, something like 75 minute massage for $125 or some such. Is this something HAL does or no? I also assume the Thermal Suite does not come free even with a treatment?

I don’t seem to be able to book specialty dining yet, any idea how far out that opens up? 

That’s all for now, thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

I don’t seem to be able to book specialty dining yet, any idea how far out that opens up?

Recently dining reservations aren't available until about 6 months until the cruise - sometimes it's almost 5 months before the cruise. They aren't yet available for our April 2, 2025 cruise, but I keep checking once a week - just in case.

50 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

...I see there’s a 25% discount for pre booking spa treatments. Is this the best it will ever get or are there additional sales? I also assume there’s sales onboard, something like 75 minute massage for $125 or some such. Is this something HAL does or no? I also assume the Thermal Suite does not come free even with a treatment?

Welcome to HAL and congrats on getting CO!

There will be some spa specials, mostly on port days; they'll typically be about the same price as the pre-board specials you're seeing. There will be offers to bundle at 10-20-30%.

No the ThermalSpa is not given or discounted w/a treatment. But if you buy a day pass and decide to upgrade to the full cruise, you will get credit for it. W/the ThermalSpa purchase, you will also be offered a 3-tier bundling discount on spa treatments. All of that is once onboard. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses thus far!

I see there’s only one time slot per day to break the spa treatments, usually first thing in the morning, I assume it’s because the cruise is 11 months away? Also, shore excursions are available for all but one port Eidfjord, I assume those will be added later? I know excursions can sell out but the page is blank on that day.