Q's about HAVE IT ALL PACKAGE

Posted (edited)

Hi, this is the first time my family and I are cruising with Holland America. We're traveling to Iceland on the Nieuw Statendam next week and I'm contemplating whether or not to get the Have it All Package while it's on a "discount". Would you say it's worth it? Also, I know for the internet, it allows web surfing, emails, news & sports apps. Messaging apps (audio/video features not supported) - but will Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and Snapchat work? If anyone has experienced using these specific apps already on the cruises before with this package/internet option, please let me know as it'll help me really decide what package to get. 

Thank you!

Edited by rsans93
needed to add details

Welcome to HAL!

I always "do the math" to determine if HIA will be worth it. Calculate the drinks and coffee we'll buy, add in allotted # of specialty dinners, full value of excursion credit and cost of internet for myself (DH doesn’t use it). If that total is close to the HIA price, we get it; if not, we don't. I always check availability of excursions, too, because if there's nothing left we want to do, the excursion credits would be wasted making that value $0 to us 

Once Onboard, I pay to upgrade the internet so I can work (Teams/Skype calls, work email w/attachments & downloads, etc). I can't comment on social sites as I don't use them.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rsans93 said:

Messaging apps (audio/video features not supported) - but will Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and Snapchat work?

I have not cruised since the StarLink was installed on all HAL ships, but it's pretty clear that Audio/Video is not supported. But you can upgrade the "Surf" plan included in HIA to Premium and get (I think) all that you are asking about. Here is the table of upgrade costs:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Internet-Update-from-HIA-Surf-Plan.pdf

I believe all adults in the room must purchase the HIA, so work that into your maths.

ETA: Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Welcome to HAL!

I always "do the math" to determine if HIA will be worth it. Calculate the drinks and coffee we'll buy, add in allotted # of specialty dinners, full value of excursion credit and cost of internet for myself (DH doesn’t use it). If that total is close to the HIA price, we get it; if not, we don't. I always check availability of excursions, too, because if there's nothing left we want to do, the excursion credits would be wasted making that value $0 to us 

Once Onboard, I pay to upgrade the internet so I can work (Teams/Skype calls, work email w/attachments & downloads, etc). I can't comment on social sites as I don't use them.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

I just want to echo your comments about excursions. Really check out the excursions first on the HAL website. I am sailing in July to Iceland and Scotland and there are several ports they do not have any excursions available right now! They are all waitlisted. A $200 shore excursion credit might be useless.

52 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

As far as the beverage package goes I would not use it again because it is expensive and then they add fifty cents to each drink. 

They only add to the price if you purchase a drink higher than the package limit ($11/$15).  There are plenty of drinks available within the limit.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

They only add to the price if you purchase a drink higher than the package limit ($11/$15).  There are plenty of drinks available within the limit.

My husband got the drinks and he noticed that 

11 hours ago, rsans93 said:

Hi, this is the first time my family and I are cruising with Holland America. We're traveling to Iceland on the Nieuw Statendam next week and I'm contemplating whether or not to get the Have it All Package while it's on a "discount". Would you say it's worth it? Also, I know for the internet, it allows web surfing, emails, news & sports apps. Messaging apps (audio/video features not supported) - but will Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and Snapchat work? If anyone has experienced using these specific apps already on the cruises before with this package/internet option, please let me know as it'll help me really decide what package to get. 

Thank you!

As mentioned by others, it depends how you going to use it. I don't drink alcohol so that really doesn't benefit me. I do like it for coffees and sodas. The excursions I really wouldn't get it just for that. I do get the have it all package  ,depending on the length of the cruise,because I like to have the internet  and I like the prepaid gratuity. $300  for excursions  Is a plus. If I never had the dinners I would be just fine. That's just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nang said:

Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat will work fine. I don't use Youtube

I have read more than once on CC that you do not need $treaming to watch YouTube, but I believe Premium is necessary.

ETA: Happy to be corrected about the Surf included with HIA.

Edited by crystalspin

I did upgrade from the included wifi the first day.  It wasn’t much.  I was getting nowhere with the basic level.  The husband was fine with the included.  He is more business email and sport score.  I was insta and FB

• Like 1