Our Magical Surprise

We just got off the Magic yesterday.  We had put together a surprise for our grandchildren, 16 and 19.   They did not know we were cruising with them.  They thought we had cruised on the Vista the week before. The hubs sent them a scavenger hunt type text leading them to where we would be waiting for them around the Tides pool.  We boarded first which gave us the time to get into position.  The instructions guided them back to the railing and told them to turn around to see something that only they would see.  When granddaughter turned around she said "that looks like my grandfather".  Watching the recognition on her face was priceless.  We all hugged and cried.  

We all had a fabulous cruise and I would definitely say it was one of our favorites.  The Magic is still à good ship.  We did not notice all the signs of aging others have pointed out.  The one major disappointment was the map channel was not working.

We never knew where we were or what island we were passing.   Also, a crew member needed to be medically disembarked, so we were diverted to Princess Cay.  We later learned one of the chefs suffered a heart attack and tragically did not survive.  The crew was absolutely wonderful throughout.   There were also over 500 kids on the ship and each and every one we came in contact with was very well behaved with attentive parents.  We did not witness any fighting or bad behavior form the adults either.  However there was someone on house arrest we hear from smoking pot.  We did smell it from our balcony one afternoon.  There were no drug dogs, but Security was everywhere on the ship.

I wish I could say our experience at the Miami airport was as pleasant.  The only term that comes to mind is it is a huge "cluster".  Also we sat down  for a pre-boarding cocktail.  Two martinis and a pack of chips was $65.  Don't tell me that's the price at all airports because it's not.

Now we are looking forward the our Christmas cruise on the Venezia.

• Like 15

On 5/27/2024 at 9:59 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

We just got off the Magic yesterday.  We had put together a surprise for our grandchildren, 16 and 19.   They did not know we were cruising with them.  They thought we had cruised on the Vista the week before. The hubs sent them a scavenger hunt type text leading them to where we would be waiting for them around the Tides pool.  We boarded first which gave us the time to get into position.  The instructions guided them back to the railing and told them to turn around to see something that only they would see.  When granddaughter turned around she said "that looks like my grandfather".  Watching the recognition on her face was priceless.  We all hugged and cried.  

We all had a fabulous cruise and I would definitely say it was one of our favorites.  The Magic is still à good ship.  We did not notice all the signs of aging others have pointed out.  The one major disappointment was the map channel was not working.

We never knew where we were or what island we were passing.   Also, a crew member needed to be medically disembarked, so we were diverted to Princess Cay.  We later learned one of the chefs suffered a heart attack and tragically did not survive.  The crew was absolutely wonderful throughout.   There were also over 500 kids on the ship and each and every one we came in contact with was very well behaved with attentive parents.  We did not witness any fighting or bad behavior form the adults either.  However there was someone on house arrest we hear from smoking pot.  We did smell it from our balcony one afternoon.  There were no drug dogs, but Security was everywhere on the ship.

I wish I could say our experience at the Miami airport was as pleasant.  The only term that comes to mind is it is a huge "cluster".  Also we sat down  for a pre-boarding cocktail.  Two martinis and a pack of chips was $65.  Don't tell me that's the price at all airports because it's not.

Now we are looking forward the our Christmas cruise on the Venezia.

You summed up our experience and feelings about our Magic cruise the week before yours.  We were getting off as you were getting on.  Thanks for taking the time to write.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, peanutzmom said:

We’re getting ready to board in a couple of hours. I’m glad to hear that the Magic didn’t disappoint!

Sailed the Magic 4 times, very nice ship.  Did a review of our last sailing, the crew was def in sync.