Table for one

Lbmlbm

I've made friends, but of all lines I've been on, princess seems to have the fewest single cruisers. Just wondering if anybody has experienced the opposite on this line?

There are a lot of single solo passengers.  Join your roll call.  I have not had much success with the solo get togethers.  Either in a really noisy venue or lack of interest.  

Lots of opportunity to meet people/small groups in the buffet, at breakfast or at lunch in the MDR.  Be "friendly forward".  Ask if you could share a table with someone you see in the buffet or IC area.  Talk to the. person next to you at the entertainment/lectures.  

I travel with a friend, but often are out and about on my own.  Have no trouble striking up a conversation with strangers.  Sometimes, I get the weirdest looks have meet really nice people that I can share my time with on the voyage.

Good Luck.

• Like 4

Definitely not the fewest solos, that’s more likely on the luxury lines (due to single supplement). 

Princess does schedule a solo get together, at least on the first day and possibly every day, not sure. It’s advertised in the Daily Patter and in my experience is well-attended.  The problem is that it’s unhosted, leaving us to fend for ourselves.  But I’ve definitely found traveling companions at those events.

You can also try looking for other solos at Trivia and join them to make a team. And if you volunteer to share a table at lunch or dinner, you’ll have ready-made opportunities to meet people who want to meet you!

I have been traveling solo on 5 or 6 Princess cruises the last couple of years and prefer to eat in the dining room for dinner. I don't usually make a reservation but request a shared table when i get there. More often than not, I do get seated with other guests. My favorite solo trips have been when people meet here and when there's a planned get together for sailaway and meet and greet.

34 minutes ago, Lbmlbm said:

I've made friends, but of all lines I've been on, princess seems to have the fewest single cruisers. Just wondering if anybody has experienced the opposite on this line?

I've never cruised as a solo...just wanted to Welcome you to Cruise Critic!

• Like 3

I recently sailed solo on the Majestic 33 day cruise from Sydney to Seattle.  There were lots of solos, and it was easy to meet other solos by attending trivia and teaming up with them, or requesting a shared table in the MDR.  I could spend as much or as little time with other people as I wanted.  The Princess sponsored solo get-togethers didn’t interest me and it was so easy to meet solos just by doing what I like to do around the ship.

• Like 1

My husband is always up early. Goes up to buffet to get coffee.  By the end of every cruise, he has made a new group of coffee friends. 

@Lbmlbm welcome to Cruise Critic from a fellow solo cruiser! I dine at an assigned table by myself but in the 2 top section. And we visit back & forth. Easily make friends but can eat as fast as I want. 

• Like 1