Iona 35 nights Caribbean Jan 2025

Hi guys

Anyone remember what price this cruise started at when launched?

Inside saver currently 2408 per person

Wasn't sure if that's an increase or decrease?

I've lost track and can't find the thread we first discussed it on

MB are you out there today. You are normally great at remembering stuff like this?

Just had a quick look at our booking, we booked beginning March and our inside saver cabin was £2320pp.  Hope that helps!

• Like 1

MB is currently on a Cunard cruise. I know this because we are also on the same cruise 😂

7 or 8 months prior to a cruise is usually a very expensive time to book. Last time I looked at that cruise (March) it was £3,999 per person for a balcony cabin on a Saver. It was over £5k per person Select last October. I don’t have launch prices. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just found this which suggests it's a price drop since launch

Or would the price below be when you do a select price? Rather than saver price?

• Iona will set sail for a new 35-night holiday to the Caribbean on January 11, 2025. It will be Iona’s first time to the Caribbean and will include two full days in Tenerife and Barbados with visits to many maiden ports. Departing from and returning to Southampton, ports of call include Tenerife, Tortola, Barbados, St Lucia, Grenada, Antigua, St Kitts, St Maarten and La Coruna. Prices start from £2,579 per person (G501).

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

Apologies ICF. Ignore my last post. That was for Venturas 35 night Caribbean cruise in Jan 25. I’d missed the word Iona in your thread title, and I haven’t kept any notes on Iona or Arvia prices as neither interest us. 

Interesting if there’s been a price drop already but, as with many Iona and Arvia cruises, it’s a very ‘port lite’ itinerary so won’t suit everyone. 

• Like 1

I'm going to watch how prices go on this one as well, hopefully to gain an idea as to when might be the best time to take the plunge for the same itinerary in 2026.  The optimist in me hopes that prices will in any case be lower for 2026 because of increased availability - Cunard is introducing two very similar long UK-Caribbean-UK cruises in the early months of that year as well so there'll be about 5000 extra cabins to fill.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Apologies ICF. Ignore my last post. That was for Venturas 35 night Caribbean cruise in Jan 25. I’d missed the word Iona in your thread title, and I haven’t kept any notes on Iona or Arvia prices as neither interest us. 

Interesting if there’s been a price drop already but, as with many Iona and Arvia cruises, it’s a very ‘port lite’ itinerary so won’t suit everyone. 

I'm more concerned if there had been a price increase as I don't like "missing the boat so to speak'

And all of a sudden we want to book this cruise having ruled out Caribbean for a few days

I've been offered 2325 from an agent I book with

I just have in my head it may have been 1999 on launch day?

Maybe it was 2499 though?

I know at some stage I discussed this with MB but can't find the thread.

And she had correct answer before. The more I think back I'm thinking 2499 may have been original inside saver price

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Just found this which suggests it's a price drop since launch

Or would the price below be when you do a select price? Rather than saver price?

• Iona will set sail for a new 35-night holiday to the Caribbean on January 11, 2025. It will be Iona’s first time to the Caribbean and will include two full days in Tenerife and Barbados with visits to many maiden ports. Departing from and returning to Southampton, ports of call include Tenerife, Tortola, Barbados, St Lucia, Grenada, Antigua, St Kitts, St Maarten and La Coruna. Prices start from £2,579 per person (G501).

NB Grenada has now been dropped and replaced with Martinique, and select launch price for a GC adapted balcony cabin was £4526pp.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

Pretty sure we will be booking now

I guess the old price makes no difference regardless 

The price we've been quoted of 2325 inside saver works out to

66 per night per person

I eat a bit healthier now than before so I probably will only eat double that value a day now rather than treble that!!

Less desserts and only two breakfasts per day this year I reckon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi, we were tracking this cruise as interested, but cannot go away for that long at the moment.  For what it’s worth, my records show it was £1999 in both September last year, and around Black Friday.  That was for an inside saver fare.  The January Ventura cruise was £2499 on Black Friday.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

You still got a good deal though!

£4702 each for a GA balcony. Our original GD was under the waterfall so no question about shelling out the extra cost. 

Edited by sandancer
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, mrsbiccode said:

Hi, we were tracking this cruise as interested, but cannot go away for that long at the moment.  For what it’s worth, my records show it was £1999 in both September last year, and around Black Friday.  That was for an inside saver fare.  The January Ventura cruise was £2499 on Black Friday.  

Ah so it's gone up in price. 

When's the next Black Friday?

Lol

Posted (edited)

I looked at this early doors and recall approx £6500k for two in a select GE balcony cabin with about £700 OBC. 

Edited by doog442

Posted (edited)

A note to those interested in this cruise.  As part of my monitoring on late bargains (separate thread), I note that this cruise undertook price movement overnight and the inside Saver fare is now £5,258.

Edited by Megabear2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

A note to those interested in this cruise.  As part of my monitoring on late bargains (separate thread), I note that this cruise undertook price movement overnight and the inside Saver fare is now £5,258.

Just to add, the price of the latest batch of cruises in summer 2026 increased overnight due to the 10% introductory discount being removed. The August 2026 cruise to Iceland that we booked on the day bookings opened has gone up by around 15% so fluid pricing seems to have kicked in as well.

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just to add, the price of the latest batch of cruises in summer 2026 increased overnight due to the 10% introductory discount being removed. The August 2026 cruise to Iceland that we booked on the day bookings opened has gone up by around 15% so fluid pricing seems to have kicked in as well.

It always happens, particularly when a promotion ends. It's the Carnival way!

• Haha 1

We booked this at launch while onboard Arcadia. 

We booked select inside £2699pp with £315 pp OBC which made it effectively slightly cheaper than saver which I think was around £2450

We then repriced while on Aurora when they were offering 10% discount and triple extra OBC.

I have seen saver fare offered at £2099 by a TA but it looks to have gone up slightly but again didn't look if there was any OBC on that price.

We have done this cruise several times and paid between £2099 and £2599 with varying amounts of OBC depending on whether select or saver. Ironically the most expensive was in 2017 on Oceana.

I would try a dummy booking and see if there are many available cabins. The current price on P&O web site is £2629 for inside on saver which is a bit up on launch price.

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We booked this at launch while onboard Arcadia. 

We booked select inside £2699pp with £315 pp OBC which made it effectively slightly cheaper than saver which I think was around £2450

We then repriced while on Aurora when they were offering 10% discount and triple extra OBC.

I have seen saver fare offered at £2099 by a TA but it looks to have gone up slightly but again didn't look if there was any OBC on that price.

We have done this cruise several times and paid between £2099 and £2599 with varying amounts of OBC depending on whether select or saver. Ironically the most expensive was in 2017 on Oceana.

I would try a dummy booking and see if there are many available cabins. The current price on P&O web site is £2629 for inside on saver which is a bit up on launch price.

There are only midships insides left between decks 14 and 10.  Anyone looking at these will be allocated one of these as an early saver presumably as the area is the only one which comes up if you try a saver fare.  Select is nearly £1,000 dearer with £230 OBC so a poor deal in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

It always happens, particularly when a promotion ends. It's the Carnival way!

Which is why I always book early, especially as suites seem to sell out before other cabin grades, probably due to the limited numbers available.