LIVE from Ovation of the Seas 5/31/2024 - Who isn’t tired of sandy beaches???

9 hours ago, perfect match said:

I used to be afraid of heights but at some point in my life with no effort on my part to get over that fear I realized that I was no longer afraid and that I actually enjoy heights now. 🤷‍♀️ I have no idea how or why that happened but I’m glad it did! I would be right there on that giant Ferris wheel and up that Space Needle ASAP!

Ugh, I hope that happens to me! I wouldn’t have walked out on that moving glass floor if you paid me! 🤢

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

More space needle info….

https://sn.web.ticketing.siaticketing.com/tickets/main

I ordered the tickets online. The entry times run every 15 minutes. It was pretty crowded, and we waited in line for about 35 minutes. All the times were open in the morning when i

checked, but they started filling up by early afternoon.

IMG_7600.thumb.png.b3ef5d7b924cd027d6e1e02beed76be8.png

IMG_7599.thumb.png.e43ed376446262c4b1b747a6c2046aee.png

my SIL went in the first morning slot, and there were no lines ……

there are two levels. The lower level has a revolving walkway with full open

views to below….

IMG_7577.thumb.jpeg.e8606cea7b742d42acc27f8b6b8ab456.jpeg

Ok, here we go with the black photos…. Never had this problem before…. 

IMG_7602.thumb.png.6f5cd29b132701b113dc12d54dddef55.png

see the actual photo when I attempt to upload it …. But if I screenshot the same photo, it works just fine 🤔  

IMG_7601.jpeg

Next time in Seattle or for others visiting Seattle for the first time skip the Space Needle and head for the Sky View Observatory in the Columbia Center, it's much higher then the Space Needle and ALOT less crowded! It's 73 floors high!

https://skyviewobservatory.com/

Space Needle   605 ft tall

Columbia Center 976 ft tall

https://columbiacenterseattle.com/

701 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
Columbia Center, 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

IMG_7582.thumb.jpeg.7c0d2082bc8c35bbcbff04e4460b7e57.jpeg

Seattle/family history trivia:  When we were 16, my cousin and I went to the Space Needle (my grandma lived in Ballard so it was a regular deal).  The ticket counter refused to believe we were under 18, so charged us the adult price.  When we got back to my grandma's house and told her what happened, she was livid.  Called the Space Needle and gave them hell.  A couple weeks later in the mail she got like 10 "free" tickets to go up top.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Seattle/family history trivia:  When we were 16, my cousin and I went to the Space Needle (my grandma lived in Ballard so it was a regular deal).  The ticket counter refused to believe we were under 18, so charged us the adult price.  When we got back to my grandma's house and told her what happened, she was livid.  Called the Space Needle and gave them hell.  A couple weeks later in the mail she got like 10 "free" tickets to go up top.

What a great story…💕 reminds me of my Gram. 

• Like 2

On our way to the port, our check

in time is 11, lots of traffic getting to the port. 

our friend had 10:30 and said it’s chaos. 

the Edge is here also and apparently shares the same drop off point 

IMG_7616.jpeg

• Like 3

Well I found a thread on this same issue on the photography boards…

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2976820-problem-inserting-photos-directly-from-iphone-onto-my-posts-on-the-cruise-critic-boards/

If anyone knows of of a fix for this, please share! 

CC boards don't play well with iPhone HEIF (HDR) photos. You need to do the following:

When choosing a photo to upload, tap "Options" in the lower left:

Library-2of2.thumb.jpeg.a2d0ad9551735ff3d1cc49a16beff90c.jpeg

On the options page, make sure "Most Compatible" is checked.

Library-1of1.thumb.jpeg.28801962328be8a6bc64adb7e1887b77.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Yes, the Ovation and Edge share Pier 91 on Fridays. Debarkation will be a bit cray also. I disembarked the Edge at 8am on Friday the 17th and it wasn’t bad. I was getting a pickup and we timed it just right. The later you leave, the more backed up the taxi lines get. The ride share lot is a bit of a walk past main pickup, but not bad. Private town car type pickups can pull up to the front pickup area.

With 2 ships embarking today, just pack your patience. The Ovation is one of my faves. Have fun!!

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

On our way to the port, our check

in time is 11, lots of traffic getting to the port. 

our friend had 10:30 and said it’s chaos. 

the Edge is here also and apparently shares the same drop off point 

IMG_7616.jpeg

I'm heading out on the Ovation in 4 weeks! We're staying at a hotel the night before similar distance as you were with also an 11am check in time - how long did it take to get to the port for you?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lulu00s said:

I'm heading out on the Ovation in 4 weeks! We're staying at a hotel the night before similar distance as you were with also an 11am check in time - how long did it take to get to the port for you?

hi! The drive was about 30 minutes curb to curb. We arrived about 10:50, check in consists of a number of lines, but they all moved fairly quickly. Nothing like Florida port check ins which are so efficient. 

you are literally going through security and check ins with the Edge passengers, although the signage is clear. We were onboard by 11:30…. Not bad, like I said just not as efficient as Florida departures 

• Like 1

Ugh, here we go again with the black photos. Despite changing those settings, it’s not working again. I guess I am back to screenshots 🤦🏼‍♀️

IMG_7628.thumb.jpeg.48d5f50833fd752c7ff282a363330eba.jpeg

IMG_7619.thumb.jpeg.323bc01eb76cc32d4e892f32f995a087.jpeg

looks like I can change the size more easily but I can’t really tell in my phone what that does to photo quality from a viewing perspective 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

No luggage yet, they said as late as 8 pm for delivery. 

I might have packed my carry on differently if I knew this…. But hopefully my air tag is as wonky and unreliable as the cellular connection coverage here…. otherwise my suitcase is rolling down the highway….😬

IMG_7634.thumb.jpeg.cbb2e2c5cc205cfde136d4afe6e3e7bc.jpeg

Since I can’t unpack, I guess it’s time for a beverage and some exploring 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

looks like I can change the size more easily but I can’t really tell in my phone what that does to photo quality from a viewing perspective 🤷‍♀️

Looks fine on my iPad.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

hi! The drive was about 30 minutes curb to curb. We arrived about 10:50, check in consists of a number of lines, but they all moved fairly quickly. Nothing like Florida port check ins which are so efficient. 

you are literally going through security and check ins with the Edge passengers, although the signage is clear. We were onboard by 11:30…. Not bad, like I said just not as efficient as Florida departures 

Hi there, departing Seattle later this month... unfortunately with a late Check-in time...Were they pretty strict in checking your assigned time before letting you in?

12 hours ago, Glide_Path said:

Hi there, departing Seattle later this month... unfortunately with a late Check-in time...Were they pretty strict in checking your assigned time before letting you in?

no, they didn’t check at all.just telling people to have their passports ready. There was just a single line into the terminal. Not like the Florida ports where I’ve seen people outside checking , and directing people into their lines by boarding time . 

We got several reminder emails to not arrive before our time, so we tried to time it close. By about 2 pm, there was almost no one still boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Promenade garb is very different on Alaska sailings. I guess the good news is, if you’ve forgotten something warm, you’ll find it onboard 

IMG_7642.thumb.jpeg.8bb52327977864fc8b1af6bdc5884722.jpeg

despite our early boarding time, I wasn’t able to get reservations for the North Star unless I wanted to pay for the “premium” experience. the app was wonky and not showing anything other than Day 1. All booked. Did manage to get my daughter and her boyfriend a spot on iFLy at 4 pm yesterday. 

IMG_7639.thumb.jpeg.fb002a591e0d341daa366585ba9e6ce6.jpeg

• Like 2

Lost the written content in my last post….

these photos are from our balcony cabin on deck 7. 

these are listed as 50% obstructed. All our cabins are on deck 7, but scattered about. I’ll try and post the numbers and views from each at some point. 

fir the most part, the views are ok, unless you’ve managed to be smack dab in the middle of one of those davits 

• Thanks 1