Nearing Embarkation Newbie Questions

As the countdown begins ticks louder and I prepare to board my first Regent cruise in a few weeks I had a few questions that I’m hoping you lovely people can help with.

1. 1. I am doing a pre cruise tour in Greece. I am assuming they are not going to want everyone on that trip to move around with our stacks of overpacked luggage. What does Regent usually do with the non-necessary luggage during the 3 day pre-cruise tours?
  3. 2. I will be in a Concierge suite. Should I call Customer Service ahead of time to specify what I would like in my minibar and ask for decaf coffee pods? Or since I am not Penthouse or above do I need to wait until I am aboard ask ask our Steward to assist?

3. Do extra spots ever open up for sea day cooking classes? That was the one day that was sold out and I thought it would be an enjoyable way to spend part of that day.

4. Is the Compass Rose open for early breakfasts on port days? We’re not certain where we would get breakfast or grab a snack prior to our booked excursions. 

I am certain i will have more questions but these are the ones I woke up with this morning.

30 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

Welcome, you will enjoy

As the countdown begins ticks louder and I prepare to board my first Regent cruise in a few weeks I had a few questions that I’m hoping you lovely people can help with.

1. 1. I am doing a pre cruise tour in Greece. I am assuming they are not going to want everyone on that trip to move around with our stacks of overpacked luggage. What does Regent usually do with the non-necessary luggage during the 3 day pre-cruise tours?      This depends on the local company and logistics etc.  They will have it figured out and you will not be alone.  Be sure to read info you receive and have all your luggage tagged with whatever they give you.
  3. 2. I will be in a Concierge suite. Should I call Customer Service ahead of time to specify what I would like in my minibar and ask for decaf coffee pods? Or since I am not Penthouse or above do I need to wait until I am aboard ask ask our Steward to assist?       It may be too late to do this.  When you get into your suite your steward will visit you and ask what you want. You will get it shortly.  You can also ask for a list of what is available for in room.  What ever you get will be replenished when necessary.

3. Do extra spots ever open up for sea day cooking classes? That was the one day that was sold out and I thought it would be an enjoyable way to spend part of that day.      Not sure where to check on this. Hopefully someone else will help.

4. Is the Compass Rose open for early breakfasts on port days? We’re not certain where we would get breakfast or grab a snack prior to our booked excursions. Check Passages for daily opening times, this can change based on port.        You can request an inroom breakfast with door tag and that starts coming at 6am.  This is the easiest.  Calling for room service unless you only get coffee may take longer. Compass Rose is not for a fast breakfast.  From one days Passages I have--- There is Fitness Breakfast starting at 6:30, Coffee Connection starting at 6am and LaVeranda starting at 7am.  (Times CAN Change)

I am certain i will have more questions but these are the ones I woke up with this morning.

58 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

2. I will be in a Concierge suite. Should I call Customer Service ahead of time to specify what I would like in my minibar and ask for decaf coffee pods? Or since I am not Penthouse or above do I need to wait until I am aboard ask ask our Steward to assist?

You should have received an email months in advance of your sailing inviting you to make your requests known.  Here's a quote from the email we received:

In addition to the shore excursions you have already started planning for your upcoming voyage, you can also add another layer of luxury to your Seven Seas Grandeur™ sailing with a number of personalization options.

Please reach out to our Reservations Team at 844.517.2131 should any of the below voyage enhancements interest you.

SPECIAL REQUESTS

Will you be celebrating a birthday or an anniversary during your voyage? Perhaps you have specific requests for your in-suite bar or would like to inform our onboard team about your dietary restrictions.

Whatever your special request, please let us know as early as possible.

Emails to the following usually results in a same-day response:  specialrequests@rssc.com

2 hours ago, BobAnne said:
  • 1. I am doing a pre cruise tour in Greece. I am assuming they are not going to want everyone on that trip to move around with our stacks of overpacked luggage. What does Regent usually do with the non-necessary luggage during the 3 day pre-cruise tours?

Your luggage will either be in your pre-cruise hotel room or on the tour bus (during transfers)

2 hours ago, BobAnne said:

4. Is the Compass Rose open for early breakfasts on port days? We’re not certain where we would get breakfast or grab a snack prior to our booked excursions.

As someone else said, Compass Rose is best for a leisurely breakfast.

If on an early excursion then Room Service, La Veranda or Coffee Connection are your best options.

Yes, La Veranda is definitely the place for as quick breakfast prior to excursions, if not the other choices mentioned above. Compass Rose is not speedy. In Concierge suites, you wait and tell your steward what your preferences are. I would call and ask if there's a waitlist for the cooking class.

12 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

In Concierge suites, you wait and tell your steward what your preferences are.

Not true!  We cruise only in Concierge suites and have always received an email inviting us to submit our requests.

We have bookings in September 2024 and January 2025 and have received emails regarding both.

We are 8 weeks away from our second Regent cruise both in Concierge Class.

For our first cruise We were not asked if we had any special requests. We received no emails. Our second cabin was not made up into twin beds  ( we booked two ) and we had to wait until after dinner for the beds to be split. Nor were the extra pillows or the  sharps box awaiting us as ordered by our travel agent. 
However all these things were provided by the time we were ready to retire and we had a wonderful cruise and booked another almost straight away. 

This could be because we live in the Uk and Regent Uk pass everything on to Miami. It could have been our room steward who wasn’t very efficient throughout the cruise. 

The coffee machine only had espresso cups therefore we never used it.
The coffee at coffee connections was excellent and we took turns fetching it in the morning as we found it better than room service.

We were on the Mariner and the staff quickly remembered our order and pressed tasty treats on to us…..to keep us going to breakfast.

Staff in both Le Veranda and Compass Rose quickly learnt our preference for cappuccinos and we had these in all the venues.

Others have talked about choices for breakfast my advice try them all depending on your mood. 

Hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flossie009 said:

As someone else said, Compass Rose is best for a leisurely breakfast.

If on an early excursion then Room Service, La Veranda or Coffee Connection are your best options.

Depending on your sleep patterns (we are not generally early risers) we have found Room Service to be the best option when we have an early excursion. 
Saves going to La Veranda, plus if you order a couple of extra pastries you can take them with you for a mid excursion snack. 
Be warned that Room Service is usually very prompt. If you ask for breakfast at 7 they might even be there at 6:55. So plan to be wearing something accordingly!

• Like 3

So, the email Lew mentioned was not received before our September 2022 Explorer cruise in Alaska, and we are about seven weeks away from an 18 night cruise on Splendor and also have not received such an email.  Reserved concierge suites on both.

We plan to wait until on board to ask the steward to customize minibar and coffee preferences (unless we upgrade again where we get a menu of personalizations in advance).  Maybe Lew gets this treatment as a frequent cruiser?  This will only be our second Regent cruise. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BobAnne said:

3. Do extra spots ever open up for sea day cooking classes?

Since this is the one question no one else answered, I will.. the answer is YES.  But like anything else, it's all dependent on someone backing out or maybe they'll add a class.  

My wife and our friend on our Grandeur cruise last Jan. simply spoke to Guest Services (I think, but if not, Guest Services can tell you who to talk to) and were put on a Wait List for the cooking class.  A few days later they both got a call that room had opened up for one of the classes and they both went and loved them.  As an aside, our friend's husband and I, who had no interest in the class, were called by our wives and we were able to go down at toward the end of the class and taste their masterpieces, meet the instructor, etc.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

Depending on how specific your request is (decaf cups shouldn't be a problem), I would submit the request in advance. It might take some time to find the products, so with a timely request you'll be sure to find them in your suite when you arrive.