Who should I book a Cruise with

mac4cruise

I booked through Carnival directly and could never get back through to the person that I originally booked with, I didn't feel anyone was watching prices etc other than myself.

I found that once I had booked, the service ended there. I am going to use a TA for my next cruise.

Done both and just went back to a TA. Carnival said they couldn't beat the price and we got a better deck and cabin for less$$ because she took a hit in her commission. Even the supervisor I talked to said she would book with them. I have had to call her twice and she is back to me within 15 mins. I sent an email and she responded really fast. My carnival pvp was terrible. Every time I emailed him he would shout nasty things( used all caps!!!) I saved the last one and am trying to forward it to a supervisor. Luckily far enough out I canceled and rebooked with someone else. He never returned my phone calls either. I think there are good and bad in both pvp's and ta's, you find a good one, KEEP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!:)

If you like to handle things yourself then book through Carnival, but if you are unsure about working on the web, booking air or at least checking air, etc. then go with the TA of your choice.

I booked with a PVP. I've had to call him about 20 times so far (really probably only about 5 or 6, just seems like more!) about different things and he always gets back to me quickly and gives me good service.

I booked through Carnival directly and could never get back through to the person that I originally booked with, I didn't feel anyone was watching prices etc other than myself.

I found that once I had booked, the service ended there. I am going to use a TA for my next cruise.

Sounds like you did the 800 line. Using a PVP is different. They will give you their number and email address. I found this all out by accident. At first I called the 800 number and had the same issue but one day I got a call from an inquiry I'd made online and ended up with a PVP. Much better. I can email or call and I get results. I'm very satisfied with a PVP.

You have a point. I have never bought insurance so I guess I can't comment on it.

I've never bought it either.

If luck holds I'll have paid for a cruise with the savings of not buying it soon.

I've thought about it and looked into it, but I don't like the idea of betting that I'm gonna have problems. ;) :)

For the last dozen or so bookings, we have booked DIRECT through CCL. I do not bother with a PVP any longer. I like being able to call the 1-800-CARNIVA number and always get through to someone... Granted, there are times that I know more than they do - but things do get taken care of. At this point, we know what we want... I keep on top of changes and prices, and they are always happy to pass along any reductions (our Glory cruise dropped a few weeks ago, and they credited my credit card over $500 within a week!!!)

Just because you book through CCL does not mean you only have their insurance to choose from. Just say no thanks to their insurance when they ask. And then find your own, if you desire any, on the web. VERY EASY.

Tom

It really depends on your cruising experience and comfort level. Some people are not experienced cruisers and like the idea of talking face to face with that one person that is going to handle their cruise "cradle to grave". TAs are very helpful in getting to know your needs and expectations and helping you select the correct cruise line and ship etc.

I already know the cruise and even the cabin when I call my PVP. He gives me by Interline rates automatically (at least until April 1st). I have a call into him today for our Miracle cruise in October.

Now I must admit, I don't "hawk" the price sights and bug him about a .10 per person rate reduction. If I am happy with the price when I book it, then I let it be. I mean I certainly don't want Carnival coming back to me a month before the sailing and saying.... this cruise has gone up .10 per person so we are going to raise your cruise price. Once I make a deal, I stick to it. And I expect Carnival to do the same. But then, that's just me.

So only you can answer your original question, because only you know how much "face to face" service you require.

My mom and I booked through Carnival (1-800 number) and then got PVPs that we called with questions. We knew exactly what we wanted and what prices to expect and everything so that was good for us. If we were to organize a large group cruise, we might use a TA.

Me personally, i booked my trip with a PVP. He was wonderful. I was originally on the bottom deck and he called me on my cell phone to let me know that he could get me on the panorama deck as a upgrade. I asked him is that "it" for the upgrades which he replied, no, that i could still get a "better" room. However thats not important to me. CVP have my trust, hands down.

I booked with a pvp & at the end of the booking I asked for her extension number so that I could contact her with the 1001 questions :p I will have before we sail.

I would think that if you called Carnival & gave them your booking number they would be able to tell you who originally took your booking.

After reading the boards I felt very comfortable booking with a pvp.On our first cruise we booked with a ta, if we had any questions the ta would have to call Carnival & get back to us. I think it's easier to just go directly to the source.

My only problem with booking with Carnival was the amount of money they charged for their insurance. There was just no way I was willilng to pay $200+ for insurance when my TA was selling insurance just as good for $77.

Can't you still buy your insurance independently if you book through Carnival? I haven't purchased insurance yet but plan on it around the time the final payment is due.

Just to give you the other side... I am a Home Based Agent... I answer my calls all hours and even forward the calls to my cell phone when i am away from the house..

So we can be there for you when ever you have that question.

Just to give you the other side... I am a Home Based Agent... I answer my calls all hours and even forward the calls to my cell phone when i am away from the house..

So we can be there for you when ever you have that question.

Sounds like you run a great business... but there are a lot of others that do not... and I suppose give the well run TA's a black eye...

Archived