Disembarking in Le Havre

We are taking a cruise where the last stop before disembarking the next day is Le Havre, France. We would like to disembark and head to Paris. Has anyone attempted to do this before and if so, were you successful in getting Princess approval? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Emily

Princess usually does approve this. You need to submit this request in writing before the cruise to get it approved. There is a specific term for this but I can't remember it.

The only negative is if the port happens to be skipped. I would just have backup plans (Chunnel?).

• Thanks 1

You need to request this in writing from Princess and have it approved. I have read of others that have done this. Princess probably has to make to make some arrangements with the authorities. 

Yes, a number of fellow passengers from our roll call on our British Isles cruise in 2022 did this. And my daughter and her husband did it last year, disembarking in Florence (Livorno) instead of Rome (Civitavecchia) last year on their honeymoon Med cruise. Just make sure you get it approved in advance and confirm with Guest Services when you board. 

We did a British Isles cruise May 2018.  Some people on our roll call wanted to do this exact same thing when they tried Princess stated it was to late because they only allow a certain amount of people to disembark at the Le Havre port because it is small.  I would recommend to request early and have a back up plan.  I have read that Le Havre port is often missed I think due to weather/sea conditions. 

• Like 1

Jay,

We did this at Le Havre off a Princess ship a few years ago.  It was the most relaxed disembarkation we've ever done,  Leisurely breakfast, deserted ship, the crew offloaded the bags, very short taxi ride to rental car agency, and in Giverny shortly thereafter. Dropped off the rental car in Venice 😃

Of course, as has been advised, the port could be missed, and even though unlikely, backup plans must be contemplated.  

• Like 1