Beautiful day on Ocean Cay today!

eroller

13 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

What is the Baha House right below Seakers, listed as a restaurant,...I haven't seen that name in any posts before. 

I walked all through that area and I don't recall anything saying Boho House.  

Here is the electronic version of the island map taken from the MSC For Me app.  Boho House is not listed, but this version of the map isn't updated either.  

There is still that huge section of the island almost right in the middle that has a lot of equipment and now even some structures.  Very near where Boho House is listed.  They don't make much of an effort to conceal it.  

IMG_0045.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Ok..but WHAT is it? I thought the buffet and the YC restaurant were the only places to eat besides the food trucks. So what is Boho house?

The structure has been there for a while, I noticed it last October.   I'm pretty sure it's a second buffet building that so far hasn't been used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going on first MSC cruise in September.  Do all the OC beaches have beach chairs?  I understand umbrellas have to be rented except for limited free ones at lighthouse beach.

6 hours ago, akeka said:

I'm going on first MSC cruise in September.  Do all the OC beaches have beach chairs?  I understand umbrellas have to be rented except for limited free ones at lighthouse beach.

Yes, hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands??) of them. The Lighthouse Beach has bean bags, Adirondack chairs, etc., along with "free" umbrellas. Just have to get there early. The rest of the beaches have plenty of loungers, you just need to rent an umbrella or bring your own cover. I brought a GoRich beach tent with me when my family cruised with me, and the grands loved it.  Beach Tent

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, akeka said:

Sooo many chairs/loungers.  You can find some or move some under shaded trees too.  Another great thing about OC is you can find totally uncrowded and even deserted beaches if you want.  Just depends on how far you want to venture out. I went to a few beaches this last visit and I had both Sunset Beach and Paradise Sands completely to myself.  Not another sole around.  Loved it.  Really felt like I was on my own personal island.  

• Thanks 1

Funny question for those who know, how is Ocean Cay in the rain?

If it rains during our cruise, I'm hopeful we'll be able to return to the ship and then head back out once it passes. This is assuming they dock, of course, but it's an over nighter cruise, so I would imagine they'll find a time that works.

If it rains, you get wet.  Consider that if it didn’t rain, you would have been that wet from sweating.  It depends on whether it looks to be a brief shower, or something more, like a thunderstorm.  You can return to the ship any time, go back out when it stops.  EM

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

If it rains, you get wet.  Consider that if it didn’t rain, you would have been that wet from sweating.  It depends on whether it looks to be a brief shower, or something more, like a thunderstorm.  You can return to the ship any time, go back out when it stops.  EM

Just remember, 5500 others are right there with you trying to get back on the ship at the same time.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:20 PM, eroller said:

Sooo many chairs/loungers.  You can find some or move some under shaded trees too.  Another great thing about OC is you can find totally uncrowded and even deserted beaches if you want.  Just depends on how far you want to venture out. I went to a few beaches this last visit and I had both Sunset Beach and Paradise Sands completely to myself.  Not another sole around.  Loved it.  Really felt like I was on my own personal island.  

Eroller,  I heard sunset maybe can be rocky in places and you might need water shoes to go in the water there, how is the sand going into the water at Paradise Sands?    Thanks in advance

10 hours ago, Johnny John said:

Eroller,  I heard sunset maybe can be rocky in places and you might need water shoes to go in the water there, how is the sand going into the water at Paradise Sands?    Thanks in advance

You are correct about that.  Sunset beach is a bit rocky in places but I didn’t need water shoes.  I walked along Paradise Sands but didn’t go in the water though so can’t say for sure.