Mardi Gras parking garage>

Are their porters in the parking garage to take your bags to the ship? And, is the garage close to the ship? i have trouble walking a long way. thanks!

29 minutes ago, linbobky said:

Are their porters in the parking garage to take your bags to the ship? And, is the garage close to the ship? i have trouble walking a long way. thanks!

On the right is the parking garage, on the left is the terminal

20230513_095806.jpg

• Like 1

We didn't park since we flew to the port but there are porters collecting luggage before you walk to the terminal. Can you drop of your luggage with them before you park so you don't have to lug your luggage across the parking garage? I don't know, but I suspect that you can. 

59 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

We didn't park since we flew to the port but there are porters collecting luggage before you walk to the terminal. Can you drop of your luggage with them before you park so you don't have to lug your luggage across the parking garage? I don't know, but I suspect that you can. 

bingo, the way that it works best.  You can drop off and then park.  Done it many times.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

I’m sure the porters were on the first floor of the garage collecting luggage before we walked over to the terminal. 

There are a few garages.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

There are a few garages.  

Since the OP was asking about "the garage" we're assuming the big one right next to the terminal.

13 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

I’m sure the porters were on the first floor of the garage collecting luggage before we walked over to the terminal. 

Yes. This was what we experienced in November.

15 hours ago, linbobky said:

It is a walk, especially if you have to go all the way to the ground floor of the garage, and then up several levels of wide concrete gangway and into the main terminal area.

IIRC, that gangway shown in the pic above is for Priority only. Everybody else has to go down to level 1.

1 minute ago, ChutChut said:

Since you're driving stop first at the baggage drop off where the porters are - and then head to the garage to park.

That looked like such a nightmare - trying to get back in line for parking after dropping off bags in stop-and-creep traffic- that we stayed in line and drove on past. But IF it doesn't look terrible as it did for us, I would agree with you.

So we then had to handle our bags into and out of the elevators. But the elevators are BIG and people were extremely nice, accommodating as they could. It took us about 5 minutes to get down to level 1 from WAY up above.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

That looked like such a nightmare - trying to get back in line for parking after dropping off bags in stop-and-creep traffic- that we stayed in line and drove on past. But IF it doesn't look terrible as it did for us, I would agree with you.

So we then had to handle our bags into and out of the elevators. But the elevators are BIG and people were extremely nice, accommodating as they could. It took us about 5 minutes to get down to level 1 from WAY up above.

You're right - depends on how crowded it is. I have no issue with lugging all of my luggage down from the garage, but I understand if there's a ton of bags, etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonarino said:

Since the OP was asking about "the garage" we're assuming the big one right next to the terminal.

Yes. This was what we experienced in November.

Depending on the ship and what time you get there, the chances of getting in that garage are slim.  with past sailings leaving and new coming in, it can be a crapshoot.  We do this a fair amount and the majority of time we end up in the one across the street.  My posts were to clarify the response as if they got in the one across the street, it would be a cold day in hades before the porter showed up.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, S33Hoe said:

When you pull into the garage you drop your bags off and then park. From there you walk a relatively short distance to check in and you can then sit until called to board. 

Yes, I agree with this. Some of these replies make me wonder if they're even talking about the Mardi Gras garage at terminal 3??

• Like 4

On 6/3/2024 at 5:19 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Depending on the ship and what time you get there, the chances of getting in that garage are slim.  with past sailings leaving and new coming in, it can be a crapshoot.  We do this a fair amount and the majority of time we end up in the one across the street.  My posts were to clarify the response as if they got in the one across the street, it would be a cold day in hades before the porter showed up.

The OP is asking about the Mardi Gras garage - there's only one garage there and it's right next to the terminal. The porters are inside the garage. 😊

• Like 3

We’ve used Cruise Time Parking several times. It’s $10/day in a secure lot with a shuttle. Very little walking.  They pull in right there and the porters take your bags.  You’re right there. 

When returning, you go right back to the parking spot and you’re there. 

The shuttles are supposed to sit only 15 minutes before leaving. No waiting.  Easy peasy.  And less expensive. 

On 6/3/2024 at 1:21 PM, Moonarino said:

It is a walk, especially if you have to go all the way to the ground floor of the garage, and then up several levels of wide concrete gangway and into the main terminal area.

IIRC, that gangway shown in the pic above is for Priority only. Everybody else has to go down to level 1.

Who is considered to be priority and how do you find out if you are.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 5:19 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Jimbo, there is only one parking garage at the Mardi Gras and they do have porters to take your luggage there.

On 6/12/2024 at 2:30 PM, Knights on the Beach said:

The OP is asking about the Mardi Gras garage - there's only one garage there and it's right next to the terminal. The porters are inside the garage. 😊

you are correct.  My bad, posting on multiple threads.  Stand corrected

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Diamond, suites, Platinum and Faster to the Fun have priority. It will be shown on your boarding pass and luggage tags if you have priority.

Looked at my boarding pass and it says  priority. I thought we were gold but must have moved to platinum. Trying to decide if to park at the port or one of the offsite places. .Parked at the port in November and while very convenient not cheap.

On 6/12/2024 at 2:24 PM, Knights on the Beach said:

Yes, I agree with this. Some of these replies make me wonder if they're even talking about the Mardi Gras garage at terminal 3??

That was what I was wondering.  I saw a video showing people driving in and them taking the luggage inside the parking garage before you park.