QA Covid Positive Passengers

Megabear2

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I'm witnessing a very unfortunate episode and am not being allowed to leave this area.

A couple have unfortunately contracted covid and are involved in a screaming match with the officers who are trying to get them to a doctor and moved to a balcony cabin.

I'm sitting drinking my coffee and its getting very unpleasant. They've even shouted at me that it's me and people like me who've made them ill by not wearing a mask. 

It's become most distasteful. I did have a sense of pity for them to start but now they're shouting about their rights and suing Cunard that has rapidly disappeared.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Unfortunately I'm witnessing a very unfortunate episode and am not being allowed to leave this area.

A couple have unfortunately contracted covid and are involved in a screaming match with the officers who are trying to get them to a doctor and moved to a balcony cabin.

I'm sitting drinking my coffee and its getting very unpleasant. They've even shouted at me that it's me and people like me who've made them ill by not wearing a mask. 

It's become most distasteful. I did have a sense of pity for them to start but now they're shouting about their rights and suing Cunard that has rapidly disappeared.

Oh dear, they'll be finding their way home from Liverpool if they don't calm down. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Goodness, that’s awful.  Where are you?

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Oh dear, they'll be finding their way home from Liverpool if they don't calm down. 

Hopefully, yes.  Behaviour like that won’t be tolerated, nor should it be.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Goodness, that’s awful.  Where are you?

Deck 1 Atrium by the Games Room. I was ordering my coffee and it kicked off.

I'm actually not happy now.  They have just been told they do not have to isolate and the ship cannot make them.  They've just been given a Princess Grill deck 8 room and told they may continue as normal as it's now passenger rather than ship responsibility. Frankly I'm quite appalled.  They have screamed and shouted and now are being "rewarded" while they are apparently at liberty to spread the illness.  Not impressed at all by how this is being handled.

I'm now told I can leave the area though.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm actually not happy now.  They have just been told they do not have to isolate and the ship cannot make them.  They've just been given a Princess Grill deck 8 room and told they continue as normal as it's now passenger rather than ship responsibility. Frankly I'm quite appalled.  They have screamed and shouted and now are being "rewarded" while they are apparently at liberty to spread the illness.  Not impressed at all by how this is being handled.

I’m glad that we are not in Princess Grill. 

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm actually not happy now.  They have just been told they do not have to isolate and the ship cannot make them.  They've just been given a Princess Grill deck 8 room and told they continue as normal as it's now passenger rather than ship responsibility. Frankly I'm quite appalled.  They have screamed and shouted and now are being "rewarded" while they are apparently at liberty to spread the illness.  Not impressed at all by how this is being handled.

Oh great.  The’ll now be swanning around the Grills Lounge.  I can’t believe it.  

• Like 3

They've just been given a Princess Grill deck 8 room and told they may continue as normal as it's now passenger rather than ship responsibility. Frankly I'm quite appalled.

Appalling response by the ship there in my opinion, 100% agree with you. One can hope they're not able to use the benefits that come with that category of room.

Very sorry to hear it's had a negative affect on your day though. Hopefully things improve for you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I wonder where their previous accommodation was?  If it was below PG, and the word gets around, everyone will start coughing and demanding a PG suite.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

They are in an inside.  Currently they're furious that they have to move their own stuff.

It's very poor by Cunard I feel.  The lady was shouting she wanted off this hell hole of a ship at one point. Demanded Cunard paid for their transport back to Southampton and when that was refused shouted she knew her rights.  It's very distasteful all round and as the only one anywhere near them I expected better.

I'm very disappointed that it's considered okay to wander around with a highly transmissible illness, shout abuse at staff and be rewarded.  I'm shocked Cunard have accepted it.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

moved to a balcony cabin

2 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

I wonder where their previous accommodation was?  If it was below PG, and the word gets around, everyone will start coughing and demanding a PG suite.

The above would imply they're in an ocean view on inside, as I believe the whole reason to be moved to a balcony is for fresh air.

3 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Actually I can feel a sore throat coming on ... maybe I can see that pretty tree after all.  I could add it to my patio collection!😉

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, MylesS said:

The above would imply they're in an ocean view on inside, as I believe the whole reason to be moved to a balcony is for fresh air.

They should be moved nowhere but ashore.

• Like 7

Demanded Cunard paid for their transport back to Southampton and when that was refused shouted she knew her rights

Maybe at that point I'd offer to pay for their transport back if it meant getting them off the ship!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Nasty for you. Hope it is terminated soon.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Yes, they were originally given it for that reason, in fact offered two.  However they refused the doctor and test stating they did not have the money, the officer made a call and apparently the doctor said they cannot force them so they are responsible for themselves for 48 hours and can go about their normal business.  

I had to bite my tongue as to me that is just irresponsible and lacking care for the rest of us.  She had already told the Pursers office she had a positive test.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Actually I can feel a sore throat coming on ... maybe I can see that pretty tree after all.  I could add it to my patio collection!😉

Well on the basis that they held you in close proximity to the infected couple and wouldn’t let you leave, you must surely be a risk now and need upgrading. PG is now a high risk area so nothing less than QG will suffice 😉

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Oh great.  The’ll now be swanning around the Grills Lounge.  I can’t believe it.  

Just keep a wide berth from anyone wearing a mask!

• Like 1

Could we have a general description, because I don’t think anyone as irresponsible and obviously unhinged (from their conduct and behaviour) would be wearing a mask.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sogne said:

a tabloid story soon?

I'm pretty sure they'll try it.  Really not nice people I'm afraid.  Apparently they are blaming all the Chinese onboard - I think they are referring to the Japanese guests in error - as they've been running round in masks but taking them off on the dance floor.  

I honestly could make up some of the nonsense I've heard this morning, particularly the conversations when they were alone awaiting instructions.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, they were originally given it for that reason, in fact offered two.  However they refused the doctor and test stating they did not have the money, the officer made a call and apparently the doctor said they cannot force them so they are responsible for themselves for 48 hours and can go about their normal business.  

I had to bite my tongue as to me that is just irresponsible and lacking care for the rest of us.  She had already told the Pursers office she had a positive test.

Ah. That explains what I was wondering, because it seemed odd that this brouhaha erupted in the Central Lobby rather than a cabin or the Medical Centre. Also, I can see the benefit of moving someone who is being confined to a balcony cabin, that seems only fair, but surely if they are refusing to be confined, they should stay where they were. See: cake: having: eating.

• Like 3

Don't worry too much about them. So long as you keep 3 metres from them they are unlikely to be that infectious at this point. The current strains of the virus are most infectious before symptoms develop, so unless they are taking covid tests routinely, they will typically be a lot less infectious after taking a test than before. It's more about what happened 2 or 3 days ago. Sorry this has cast an awkward spell on your sailing today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm actually not happy now.  They have just been told they do not have to isolate and the ship cannot make them.  They've just been given a Princess Grill deck 8 room and told they may continue as normal as it's now passenger rather than ship responsibility. Frankly I'm quite appalled.  They have screamed and shouted and now are being "rewarded" while they are apparently at liberty to spread the illness.  Not impressed at all by how this is being handled.

So presumably there are no longer any covid protocols in place and you get rewarded for being able to spread to all and sundry.

It's almost beyond belief that the ships senior officers would allow this ☹️.

Obviously those infected can only be described as idiots, for want of a better word.

• Like 1

It sounds to me more a case of not allowing any bad press get in the way of today's proceedings.

I was always of the impression that a ship's Captain had the last word and if he/she said you are to be confined to your cabin then you are confined to your cabin - end of.

• Like 4