Norovirus on Alaskan ship

1 minute ago, TommyD3 said:

Summit is currently in red code where they serve you everything (even ice water) in the buffet !!!

This would be my preference at all times.  As a teacher I literally don’t touch anything and if I have to I vigorously wash my hands. Buffets freak me out. 😂

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Does this have anything to do with the following headline a couple of days ago of what happened to a flight out of Vancouver?

A United Airlines plane is being removed from service after several passengers on a flight from Vancouver to Houston, Texas, felt sick.

Some passengers on Flight 1528 Friday night had all been on the same cruise and “did not feel well,” the airline wrote in a statement to CTV News.

The plane is now getting a “deep cleaning” before it can return to service “as a precautionary measure,” United Airlines said.

The aircraft was a Boeing 737 MAX 8 and carried 163 passengers and six crewmembers.

According to the Houston Fire Department, 75 of the passengers were on a cruise together in Vancouver, and 25 of them reported feeling nauseous on the flight.

United did not say which cruise the sick passengers had been on.

The travelers in Houston shortly after 6 p.m. CST were ill “due to the cruise,” Martee Black, a spokesperson for the Houston Fire Department, told CNN.

The Houston Fire Department arrived at George Bush Intercontinental Airport and evacuated three patients from the plane but no one was transported to the emergency room, Black said.

“United Airlines is actively coordinating with health authorities to address the situation,” the airline wrote. “Ensuring the health and safety of our passengers and crew remains our top priority.”

Edited by Kelownadon

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

It's interesting to note that 3 out of the 7 outbreaks occurred on recent Alaskan itineraries. 

That said, given the volume of ships sailing around the world, the list of those with viral outbreaks is is relatively small. 

Edited by BeachTunes

12 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

This would be my preference at all times.  As a teacher I literally don’t touch anything and if I have to I vigorously wash my hands. Buffets freak me out. 😂

Buffets freak me out too and I'm an office worker (well at home now)

Honestly if I have to go into the office I bring my own wipes with me and clean the whole desk before I use it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

Does this have anything to do with the following headline a couple of days ago of what happened to a flight out of Vancouver?

A United Airlines plane is being removed from service after several passengers on a flight from Vancouver to Houston, Texas, felt sick.

Some passengers on Flight 1528 Friday night had all been on the same cruise and “did not feel well,” the airline wrote in a statement to CTV News.

The plane is now getting a “deep cleaning” before it can return to service “as a precautionary measure,” United Airlines said.

The aircraft was a Boeing 737 MAX 8 and carried 163 passengers and six crewmembers.

According to the Houston Fire Department, 75 of the passengers were on a cruise together in Vancouver, and 25 of them reported feeling nauseous on the flight.

United did not say which cruise the sick passengers had been on.

The travelers in Houston shortly after 6 p.m. CST were ill “due to the cruise,” Martee Black, a spokesperson for the Houston Fire Department, told CNN.

The Houston Fire Department arrived at George Bush Intercontinental Airport and evacuated three patients from the plane but no one was transported to the emergency room, Black said.

“United Airlines is actively coordinating with health authorities to address the situation,” the airline wrote. “Ensuring the health and safety of our passengers and crew remains our top priority.”

I saw on another site that it was a Royal ship that had the outbreak associated with this…

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Book bug said:

But also wash your hands properly with soap and water!!!!!

I always do.. 🙂 having a new Grandson has made me even more aware of it. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1