Royal Up Entering Bid Amount

So I got the invitation to "bid" for rooms upgrades from our oceanview balcony to various rooms all the way up to the Royal Loft. So I get it that these rooms are not guaranteed and may not even be available, but my question is this... The sliders for the "bid" seem to jump all the way from 0 to the top level, which is like $6000, I believe for the big rooms. Is there a way to put in a manual amount? Otherwise to me, it seems like less of a bid, and more of a random draw at a second chance to pay full price for the same room you didn't get in the first place.

You should be able to tap the slider at various amounts and decide where you want to land. We usually try slightly more than the minimum....then as it gets closer to sail date my hubby starts raising our bids....?!? Still don't think there's a rhyme or reason why we win sometimes and some times not....? I'm sure there's a formula to it but who knows what that is. 🙂

Posted (edited)

Each category that is available can be bid on individually.  When selected, each category bid window slider will range in pricing for you to select.  The amounts to be bid are selected from the slider. You just slide to the amount that you want to bid for each category in which you are interested.  You can select one stateroom for a bid, or enter individual bids for all of them.  If awarded, only one bid will be selected and you will be immediately billed for that stateroom and that will be your new reservation.  Also note that the bid amounts are per person, up to two passengers per stateroom. So if there are currently two of you on a booking, the bid amount will be doubled.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

46 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Tap it very slowly it will adjust in small increments.

Or tap it at zero and then use the right arrow key to move it one increment at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Or tap it at zero and then use the right arrow key to move it one increment at a time.

Yes...that works too. Thanks for adding that tip.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hadn't tried the arrows, thanks. Those increments are still big jumps though. I wish you could enter an amount manually.

Edited by TBone2K

20 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Also note that the bid amounts are per person, up to two passengers per stateroom. So if there are currently two of you on a booking, the bid amount will be doubled.

To clarify:  Regardless of HOW MANY are in your cabin (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), the bid amount will be doubled.

And... just in case it's unknown... 

You can bid on all cabin categories they offer you.  If you win, they will automatically cancel the other bids on the other cabins. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

And... just in case it's unknown... 

You can bid on all cabin categories they offer you.  If you win, they will automatically cancel the other bids on the other cabins. 

I wish you could prioritize multiple bids.  For example, I bid on JS and GS, I want GS to be my 1st choice.

23 hours ago, Ashland said:

Tap it very slowly it will adjust in small increments.

Yes.  And with a keyboard, you can arrow left or right on the slider and it will do the same.

Teddie