Question about transferring booking from TA, direct to HAL

The TA agreed to the transfer. They emailed HAL. HAL sent back a "reservation transfer request form". (basically for my formal approval, no problem).

Before I proceed I have a question, and since I didn't know whether to ask HAL or TA (who isn't too happy with me) , I thought I'd ask here.

Will the booking transfer as is, I don't mean any TA add ons, I mean will the booking still be a refundable deposit and will the price of the booking remain the same?

My Main concern is the deposit of $700, that is refundable with TA.

Thanks for any help. 

I am within the 60 days and cruise is May 2025

Posted (edited)

Why would your TA be unhappy that you transferred your booking from HAL to them? (You certainly aren't transferring from TA to HAL are you?)  The TA gets their commission!  The price and details/refundability that you booked with HAL will still stand.  The TA can add additional OBC or other perks if they wish.  I have done the transfer a few times and everything worked out well.  

Have a great trip!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

Just now, KAKcruiser said:

I think the OP was transferring the booking from TA to HAL.  

Why in the heck would someone do that?

~Nancy

1 minute ago, KAKcruiser said:

I guess if they were unhappy with their TA.

Okay. It would have to be a drastic problem with a TA for me to transfer an already made booking and deprive them of their commission!  I would just find a new TA for my next cruise if I didn't want to keep the one I had.  Hopefully OP will come back and explain just to let us know the reasoning.

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Okay. It would have to be a drastic problem with a TA for me to transfer an already made booking and deprive them of their commission!  I would just find a new TA for my next cruise if I didn't want to keep the one I had.  Hopefully OP will come back and explain just to let us know the reasoning.

Before I explain  all of my personal details and reason..... do you have an answer or an opinion to my question?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

Before I explain  all of my personal details and reason..... do you have an answer or an opinion to my question?

I thought you were transferring from HAL to the TA in my answer in post #2 so don't have an answer for transferring from TA back to HAL.  I've never done that.  I was trying to be helpful, and your situation is rather unusual.  I don't need to hear your personal details or reasons.  It was a curious request is all.

~Nancy 

25 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Why would your TA be unhappy that you transferred your booking from HAL to them? (You certainly aren't transferring from TA to HAL are you?)  The TA gets their commission!  The price and details/refundability that you booked with HAL will still stand.  The TA can add additional OBC or other perks if they wish.  I have done the transfer a few times and everything worked out well.  

Have a great trip!

~Nancy

Opposite - OP is transferring the booking away from TA back to HAL.

2 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

The TA agreed to the transfer. They emailed HAL. HAL sent back a "reservation transfer request form". (basically for my formal approval, no problem).

Before I proceed I have a question, and since I didn't know whether to ask HAL or TA (who isn't too happy with me) , I thought I'd ask here.

Will the booking transfer as is, I don't mean any TA add ons, I mean will the booking still be a refundable deposit and will the price of the booking remain the same?

My Main concern is the deposit of $700, that is refundable with TA.

Thanks for any help. 

I am within the 60 days and cruise is May 2025

All terms should stay the same unless there was something specific the TA was giving you that HAL was not part of, such as additional OBC from their agency.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

All terms should stay the same unless there was something specific the TA was giving you that HAL was not part of, such as additional OBC from their agency.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@newcruzer2Who changed the booking to nonrefundable?  TA or HAL.  If the original booking was refundable you should have the Booking Confirmation from TA that states it is refundable.  If it was refundable you can cancel.  If TA booked it non-refundable you can still transfer to HAL.  

Take a step back and look at your paperwork.  Forget a mock booking which means nothing.

The booking will transfer as-is minus any TA added perks.  I’m not sure you know the terms of your original booking.

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 1