Mexican Riviera Feb 2025 port or starboard?

Wink87

23 minutes ago, wineforhealth said:

Starboard, so when you are leaving Cabo going back to San Pedro great views looking east  at the point and beach

This assumes that you are in your cabin and not out and about sipping a Margarita. I find that the port/starboard debate is only relevant when there is an interesting sail-in to port between 6:00-8:00 a.m. when I’m not likely to be roaming around or enjoying happy hour. Kotor comes to mind. And Glacier Bay. But for sailaways, it rarely matters. 

Shipping channels:  Going South, you are on the "inside" lane.  Going North, you are on the "outside" lane.  Only bring this up if you are interested in viewing other other ships.

If going to Cabo, the ship is at anchor and sometimes swings/pivots around so it won't matter which side you are on.  Otherwise, you are really too far off shore to see land.

If you want to have a view of land choose the Port side as you will likely use your balcony more on the way down when you are sailing away from the wind and are more protected. Sailing back up the coast tends to be windier and colder - definitely less optimal for balcony use. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Shipping channels:  Going South, you are on the "inside" lane.  Going North, you are on the "outside" lane.  Only bring this up if you are interested in viewing other other ships.

If going to Cabo, the ship is at anchor and sometimes swings/pivots around so it won't matter which side you are on.  Otherwise, you are really too far off shore to see land.

But wait, If on the Starboard side you get a better view of Walmart with the ship backed in😀

• Haha 1

If fare prices is not the major concern, I would prefer aft-facing, as opposed to either aft Starboard or Port.  Then you get to see both sides of the ship.   

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 8:50 PM, karatemom2 said:

If you want to have a view of land choose the Port side as you will likely use your balcony more on the way down when you are sailing away from the wind and are more protected. Sailing back up the coast tends to be windier and colder - definitely less optimal for balcony use. 

Great point! I like it.  I never thought about that.  The only time, before now, that I was concerned about which side is Tran-Ocean (east to west, or west to East) sailings.  POSH is the sunny side for that trip.  For north/south sailings through the tropics, POSH is the cooler side.