What changes should I expect since Covid 19

6 hours ago, notscb said:

What's changed?

People are finally forced to be more clean at the Buffet. "Washy, Washy!"

That’s not my experience. The hand-wash is a great addition but some people still walk straight by without using it. I’d love to see the staff at the door given a taser for those people who believe their time is more valuable than everyone’s health. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

That’s not my experience. The hand-wash is a great addition but some people still walk straight by without using it. I’d love to see the staff at the door given a taser for those people who believe their time is more valuable than everyone’s health. 

Sometimes I ask if I can use the sanitizer they also have at the wash station. I’m one of those people that you see at the electronic wash stations trying to get the soap and water to come out and it never does.  Most times I try the wash station, but if it’s too annoying, I just use the sanitizer 

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Sometimes I ask if I can use the sanitizer they also have at the wash station. I’m one of those people that you see at the electronic wash stations trying to get the soap and water to come out and it never does.  Most times I try the wash station, but if it’s too annoying, I just use the sanitizer 

Not all ships have wash stations.  VIsion class for example only has sanitizer.  And, someone stands at the door and dispenses it to each person.

2 hours ago, BND said:

Not all ships have wash stations.  VIsion class for example only has sanitizer.  And, someone stands at the door and dispenses it to each person.

I  didn’t see that they were thinking of going on Vision…oops 

7 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

1. I haven't noticed many people skipping the hand-wash station.  Not that I'm really looking. 

2. Since bathrooms are located right outside Windjammer, I assume some people have just stopped in the rest room and washed on their way out.  

10 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

2. Since bathrooms are located right outside Windjammer, I assume some people have just stopped in the rest room and washed on their way out.  

Don’t get me started on some of things I’ve seen and, more importantly, not seen happen in bathrooms onboard. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I  didn’t see that they were thinking of going on Vision…oops 

I don't know that they are.  They never said what ship.  I just used it as an example that not all are the same.

Edited by BND

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't know that they are.  They never said what ship.  I just used it as an example that not all are the same.

Actually the OP did say they were thinking of Vision, I went back to check when I saw your original post 😁

4 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Actually the OP did say they were thinking of Vision, I went back to check when I saw your original post 😁

And, I missed that lol.

17 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I prefer morning service.  I think those who board early /see the cabin steward earlier are more likely to get their choice. 

We usually wait until Stuart gets around to us, and ask him which one would work for him better. We keep our cabin neat and orderly by habit, and all we really need him for is to empty the waste basket and see if we need fresh towels. By being flexible, we make it easier for other passengers to get the one they prefer, since it does matter to them.

I think Stuart appreciated us, because he brought us towel animals twice.

Most of the changes have been good ones.I agree that they shouldn't have cut the services to half and doubled the tip amount.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happythoughts said:

Thank you all for your helpful responses.!  I was thinking of the Vision, but now looking into the Odyssey,  On the Odyssey alone there seems to be so many changes….

Odyssey is our favorite ship! We’re doing our third TA on it in November! Can’t wait.

On 6/5/2024 at 6:30 PM, happythoughts said:

Room service once a day?  Is that morning or evening?

If you are in a suite you will still get housekeeping service twice a day (both morning and evening)...confirmed as of May 2024.  We were in an OS for the 5/17 sailing of Radiance.

2 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

If you are in a suite you will still get housekeeping service twice a day (both morning and evening)...confirmed as of May 2024.  We were in an OS for the 5/17 sailing of Radiance.

Also includes JS cabins...though not full suite...still a perk for that class of cabin.  

• Like 1