Chances of making a 10:00 AM Flight from FLL?

ibgman

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

This is what it all comes down to. The latest a ship I’ve been on has been cleared for disembarking at Port Everglades is 8:45. For some that would make them absolutely miserable with stress.

We are in a situation like the OP where there aren’t plenty of flights. It’s usually a choice of cutting it close or sitting around most of the day and arriving home very late.

If missing the flight and having to reschedule is less inconvenient than booking the later flight or waiting a day, then it’s fine.

The latest I've been on is 9:30. Would like to know how someone can catch a 10:00 that time! It's happened twice to us.

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

The latest I've been on is 9:30. Would like to know how someone can catch a 10:00 that time! It's happened twice to us.

When clearance is delayed I feel like you see two groups of people with early flights. Some appear frantic and miserable and others who are on their phones calmly rebooking their flights. Most of us know which we are. 😉

What people have experienced is irrelevant. Every cruise is different in terms of disembarkation. Some are problem free and some have major hiccups. Why end your relaxing cruise with stress and worry? You might be ok, you might miss the flight. It's up to you to select the flight.

There is no way to predict this, but we used a private driver for a 10:00 flight with United.  Even though we were a little late getting off the ship due to customs for some, we had plenty of time.  However, we realized that it was a risk, but have two flights to get home.  FWIW

We will now only ever fly in the day before and fly home the day after. 

In December 2023, our NCL ship and every other Carnival and RCL ship were delayed 5 hours in the port of Miami due to a storm. 
The stress of the people that missed their flights was hard to see and ruined a great vacation for so many families. 
Luckily my son and I could relax and just relax while everyone was scrambling to get later flights or a hotel to stay at because we had already planned to fly home the day after the ship got back. 

Just get a hotel, don’t rush to get off the ship, and fly home the next day.