NCL Encore Haven Room 18126

Hello,

I am hoping to get some valuable information regarding room 18126 on the Encore. Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the room is at the end of a hallway. Is this correct? Also, it says that it's a large balcony but I am also aware the the balconies on deck 18 are not as deep as deck 17. Does anyone have pictures of what this room and/or balcony look like? Is it a good room for an Alaskan cruise? We're sailing Sept 2025 for my husband's 45th birthday and our 10 year anniversary so we're looking to make it extra special. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, CruisingNurse88 said:

Hello,

I am hoping to get some valuable information regarding room 18126 on the Encore. Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the room is at the end of a hallway. Is this correct? Also, it says that it's a large balcony but I am also aware the the balconies on deck 18 are not as deep as deck 17. Does anyone have pictures of what this room and/or balcony look like? Is it a good room for an Alaskan cruise? We're sailing Sept 2025 for my husband's 45th birthday and our 10 year anniversary so we're looking to make it extra special. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

Your room will be similar to the two videos below. It is not "at the end of a hallway". It is the start of the hallway entering the Haven from the elevators. So, all of the Haven foot traffic both for rooms on the 18th floor along with everyone going to the Haven Restaurant from outside the Haven will be passing by your door. Should not be an issue, but just wanted you to understand the deck plan. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

Your room will be similar to the two videos below. It is not "at the end of a hallway". It is the start of the hallway entering the Haven from the elevators. So, all of the Haven foot traffic both for rooms on the 18th floor along with everyone going to the Haven Restaurant from outside the Haven will be passing by your door. Should not be an issue, but just wanted you to understand the deck plan. 

Thank you for clarifying this! I did not realize that there was an elevator right there. I might look into changing my room then... 🤷

28 minutes ago, CruisingNurse88 said:

Thank you for clarifying this! I did not realize that there was an elevator right there. I might look into changing my room then... 🤷

image.png.bb48a14466d2e5aec04df6ce66306c4f.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

We stayed in 18124 next door for three weeks on Encore. It was quite handy for going to the Haven Restaurant. We did not notice that much traffic from people entering through the door to the lobby there. 

Loved that little sun deck!

The balcony is definitely not a large balcony. This video has a good look at one.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are definitely looking for quiet so high foot traffic is a no-go for us. 

21 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The balcony is a bit wider than the other similar ones on 18 but it is not deeper.

So not really a large balcony then? I'm thinking a change in cabins may be in the cards for us down to the 17th floor. Any advice on which would be nice and quiet?

49 minutes ago, CruisingNurse88 said:

So not really a large balcony then?

No, not really. 

There are fewer staterooms starboard, so possbily quieter. However, all 6 times we have sailed in this class of ship we were portside and did not have any noise complaints.

Just my opinion have stayed in Haven on the encore, deck 18, forget which room, but traffic noise was never an issue.  Have stayed on Bliss, kind of sister Ship on 17, basically never had a noise issue on either Ship, in the Haven.   regardless of location.   Balcony size differs.  But  if we both fit on the balcony, we are happy campers.  lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruisingNurse88 said:

So not really a large balcony then? I'm thinking a change in cabins may be in the cards for us down to the 17th floor. Any advice on which would be nice and quiet?

You're over thinking this.  None of the Haven rooms are noisy.  Pick a floor you prefer.

17 has  the Haven lounge.  18 has the Haven Restaurant.  17 is close to the Haven observation lounge which would be a plus and 17 has the larger balconies.  

While not Alaska, we've booked a room on 17 on Encore.