COVID Refund Check - from 2021 !!

I was rather surprised to open my mailbox yesterday and find a check from Carnival... from a cancelled sailing on the Liberty in December of '21 !!!

I can't wait to check the mail again today, and the next, and the next --- as, you never know !   LOL

i-NVC3hLC-L.jpg

Tom

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I was rather surprised to open my mailbox yesterday and find a check from Carnival... from a cancelled sailing on the Liberty in December of '21 !!!

I can't wait to check the mail again today, and the next, and the next --- as, you never know !   LOL

i-NVC3hLC-L.jpg

Tom

Nice!  We had 16 cancelled, but pretty sure we got refunded or rolled all of them over.  If you get to many let me know.😏

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-NVC3hLC-L.jpg

Tom

A couple more blackjack hands for you on your next cruise.  

• Like 2

My mom got a check too! After two covid cancelled cruises, then she had some health issues and did not rebook anything, she was pleasantly surprised.

29 minutes ago, shof515 said:

how does this happen? i had cruises during covid. i wonder if i am going to get a check

Did you have a cruise booked?  Was it cancelled?  Did you get your money back?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-NVC3hLC-L.jpg

Tom

Got mine last week.  I had completely forgotten about it from 2021.

Check in the mail is always better than a bill. LOL   Nice surprise!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-NVC3hLC-L.jpg

Tom

All you need now is the settlement check for the incident at the chef's table where the woman was asking your son to show her his driver's license.  🙂

Edited by rainbowflag
  • Haha 3

I would want to hear it from Carnival that this was legitimate before cashing the check. I've heard of scams where legitimate looking checks are mailed and when they are cashed they are rejected for insufficient funds, but the issuer of the check then has the account info for the account where the check was cashed. 

1 minute ago, sparks1093 said:

I would want to hear it from Carnival that this was legitimate before cashing the check. I've heard of scams where legitimate looking checks are mailed and when they are cashed they are rejected for insufficient funds, but the issuer of the check then has the account info for the account where the check was cashed. 

Well, they had my booking number. So, in this case at least, that's sufficient for me. 🙂

But yep... there are all kinds of scams going on. For our home we sold recently, a Canadian bank/cashiers check arrived at a local title company (for $200k earnest money) from people we had never heard of. It was a scam - intending for the title company to deposit the funds, then the person who sent the check would request a refund (to get out of the deal, of which there was none)... receiving real $ before the foreign check was determined to be fake.

Tom

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

The check stub had the booking number and date.

When the cruise was cancelled, they could not refund the money to my original form of payment because the credit card I used was no longer valid (I cancelled it).  

They sent me a letter in early 2022 that my payment would be refunded by check but didn't say it would be 2 years...LOL

That's why I forgot about it!  No issue cashing it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2024 at 11:18 AM, sparks1093 said:

It is legit.  I got mine refunded as a Gift Card because that is how we paid the deposit.  It was for a cruise booked for November 2020.  I pulled the plug before Carnival actually cancelled the cruise officially, and figured it was gone for good.

It actually started to tempt me to book the Carnival Jubilee, but when push came to shove, I couldn't bring myself to pay the deposit after watching multiple You Tube videos.  I couldn't stand the background noise, flashing lights  even though I could turn it down. At 72 we have no need of roller coasters, slides, ropes courses and kids running loose.    Haven't been on Carnival since November 2019.  We have sailed RCCL 3 times since they finally allowed the unvaxxed to sail.  I guess we will stick with the Regal Princess we have booked and just eat the $200 once again.

• Like 1