Help with Vista cabins please.

Vallesan

We are thinking of a last minute trip on Vista but need a little help with cabins. I know there are noise issues but I’m not really concerned with that so much. There isn’t a great deal of choice but there are a few extended balcony cabins available. Just wondering about ‘motion’ towards the back of the ship? Could there be any other problems with these cabins?

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, ratflinger said:

Think of it this way - What is further aft of the extended balcony cabins?  The Owner's Suite, the single most expensive cabin on the boat.

The second most expensive cabin is the Vista Suite which is at the very front of the ship and it gets lots of motion. So if you are sensitive to motion having a more expensive cabin receive more motion does not do you any good.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ratflinger said:

Think of it this way - What is further aft of the extended balcony cabins?  The Owner's Suite, the single most expensive cabin on the boat.

Great point!😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

The second most expensive cabin is the Vista Suite which is at the very front of the ship and it gets lots of motion. So if you are sensitive to motion having a more expensive cabin receive more motion does not do you any good.  

I agree. Just thinking the back may not ‘move’ as much as the front? Anyway it’s the Med in August so shouldn’t really be too much motion. In saying that we had a storm in the Balearic region in August 2022 which caused us to miss a port so you never can tell.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

We are thinking of a last minute trip on Vista but need a little help with cabins. I know there are noise issues but I’m not really concerned with that so much. There isn’t a great deal of choice but there are a few extended balcony cabins available. Just wondering about ‘motion’ towards the back of the ship? Could there be any other problems with these cabins?

Thanks in advance.

We have taken 2 fairly long Vista cruises.  Noise between cabins is indeed a big issue. Bothered us a great deal. However, if it does not bother you or if you are lucky enough to have quiet neighbors, you will be fine most anywhere. We had cabins pretty far forward and had zero excessive motion issues.

Edited by edgee

We stayed in a P2 on the seventh deck with an extended balcony.  Balcony size makes this the best cabins on the ship.  However, there was a noise issue of hearing our neighbor's tv.  Issue with the noise was tolerated to have the large balcony.  I would go for the balcony!

39 minutes ago, maxamize said:

We are in 7127 now. You can definitely feel a lot of motion/vibration. The extended balcony is fabulous though, 

Interesting! On our recent Marina cruise we only felt any sort of motion between Sorrento and Rome. We were midships and it wasn’t bad especially as it was the middle of the night and we were in bed!

39 minutes ago, edgee said:

We have taken 2 fairly long Vista cruises.  Noise between cabins is indeed a big issue. Bothered us a great deal. However, if it does not bother you or if you are lucky enough to have quiet neighbors, you will be fine most anywhere. We had cabins pretty far forward and had zero excessive motion issues.

Thank you!

The ship looks lovely so we’re prepared to just take ear plugs!

36 minutes ago, stevesol6718 said:

We stayed in a P2 on the seventh deck with an extended balcony.  Balcony size makes this the best cabins on the ship.  However, there was a noise issue of hearing our neighbor's tv.  Issue with the noise was tolerated to have the large balcony.  I would go for the balcony!

Thank you!

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, maxamize said:

We are in 7127 now. You can definitely feel a lot of motion/vibration. The extended balcony is fabulous though, 

Another couple of questions please …. have you sailed on other Oceania ships? Would you sail Vista again? Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

Sorry just looked again and I see you have sailed on several Oceania … how does Vista compare?

Edited by Vallesan

We have sailed on 22 Oceania cruises. Vista is nice.  We like Marina and Riviera better.  Did not like Embers restaurant, like Jacques much better.  Thought the food in Polo and Toscana better on Marina and Riviera also. Did not like the Vista pool deck layout, nor the Horizons layout. Thought crew on Marina and Riviera better trained and more friendly. We are booked on a three cruise Asia vacation next March/April on Riviera.  Probably would not sail on Vista again.

As far as the smaller ships, they are nice, but difficult because of the room size and only limited specialty restaurants.  However we have sailed on these because of the itineraries, which are great.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vallesan said:

Another couple of questions please …. have you sailed on other Oceania ships? Would you sail Vista again? Thank you and enjoy your cruise.

Sorry just looked again and I see you have sailed on several Oceania … how does Vista compare?

This our second cruise on Vista. Love the new interior design. Pool deck gets crowded and lacks shaded spots. Aquamar spa terrace beautiful but also no shade. That’s why we wanted the extended balcony this time. It’s fantastic. Our Butler Himanshu is the best. We do miss Jacques and don’t think Ember is a worthy replacement but Polo, Toscana, Red Ginger and Aquamar Kitchen are all excellent. I would be happy to sail on Oceania again and Marina, Vista and Riviera are great. We also like the charm of the older R-ships. I’ll post my review in a couple of days. 

Edited by maxamize
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

We stayed on Vista in concierge cabin 10097 in May on a Mediterranean cruise. I am sensitive to both noise and motion and heard/felt neither. The extended balcony was a highlight of our cruise. The ship is lovely and the cruise was just superb. 

Edited by mtadk
spelling

12 minutes ago, mtadk said:

We stayed on Vista in concierge cabin 10097 in May on a Mediterranean cruise. I am sensitive to both noise and motion and heard/felt neither. The extended balcony was a highlight of our cruise. The ship is lovely and the cruise was just superb. 

1 hour ago, stevesol6718 said:

We have sailed on 22 Oceania cruises. Vista is nice.  We like Marina and Riviera better.  Did not like Embers restaurant, like Jacques much better.  Thought the food in Polo and Toscana better on Marina and Riviera also. Did not like the Vista pool deck layout, nor the Horizons layout. Thought crew on Marina and Riviera better trained and more friendly. We are booked on a three cruise Asia vacation next March/April on Riviera.  Probably would not sail on Vista again.

As far as the smaller ships, they are nice, but difficult because of the room size and only limited specialty restaurants.  However we have sailed on these because of the itineraries, which are great.

Thank you. Very interested in your thoughts. We have sailed on the smaller ships too but we like the variety of speciality restaurants on the larger ships. The only only other issue is that we have to have a PH on the smaller ships so the cost becomes an issue too!

33 minutes ago, maxamize said:

This our second cruise on Vista. Love the new interior design. Pool deck gets crowded and lacks shaded spots. Aquamar spa terrace beautiful but also no shade. That’s why we wanted the extended balcony this time. It’s fantastic. Our Butler Himanshu is the best. We do miss Jacques and don’t think Ember is a worthy replacement but Polo, Toscana, Red Ginger and Aquamar Kitchen are all excellent. I would be happy to sail on Oceania again and Marina, Vista and Riviera are great. We also like the charm of the older R-ships. I’ll post my review in a couple of days. 

Thank you. Jaques is our least favourite restaurant so we won’t miss that! I agree with you any of the Oceania ships, old or new, are a joy to travel on!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:20 PM, Vallesan said:

I agree. Just thinking the back may not ‘move’ as much as the front? Anyway it’s the Med in August so shouldn’t really be too much motion. In saying that we had a storm in the Balearic region in August 2022 which caused us to miss a port so you never can tell.

We have stayed in the Vista suites on Riviera deck 9 and had very little motion. We sailed from Malta toured the Greek islands and finished in Istanbul. 
We are also booked in a Vista suite next month on Marina cruising the Norwegian Fjords. This time deck 12.

• 3 weeks later...

The A1 aft Concierge cabins are WONDERFUL with limited exception, and one of those exceptions is the “-131” rooms (i.e., we were in 9131).  They are unfortunately located directly across the hall from the crew pantry service area. Try as they might to be talk softly, open and close the door softly, etc., we here quite a bit of activity out there. We would not pick a “-131” cabin again on a future cruise but will definitely look to book another A1 Concierge room because everything else about it is marvelous.

Edited by JustTink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1