Breakfast in Chops - Diamond Plus

I will add (re: Chops breakfast) that I do miss the mini-buffet that they used to have up front  It wasn't extensive but it had some pastries, fruit cups, etc that you could self-serve.  I was sorry to see that disappear but for the most part, the rest of the breakfast is fine-to-good.  We enjoy it and it's one of our favorite perks.

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So based on the comments, I’ll stick to my Crown Lounge breakfast of smoked salmon, a few bites of cheese for my bones and cut up fruit.  Occasionally I mix it up and have one of the oatmeal things in the glasses instead.  And it’s very quiet and mostly empty other than the occasional sound of the coffee machine. But I must add that if we cruise on an oasis class ship, which we rarely do, I would grab my food and leave that dungeon. 

I love the prosciutto and cheeses presentation.  
Wash it down with a decaf cappuccino and heated foam.🤣🤣

• Like 1

Just now, nelblu said:

I love the prosciutto and cheeses presentation.  
Wash it down with a decaf cappuccino and heated foam.🤣🤣

What I miss the most after the pandemic is the buffet presentation in the MDR for breakfast and lunch on Oasis and Quantum classes.  There was also a set menu. 

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Also gone is the happy hour of cheap wine and pretzels a peanuts as snacks. 
Beer requests on a pay basis. 😄

We loved...loved the old "Diamond Event" when it first came out.  It was the peace offering from RCI when the Diamonds were kicked out of the (then only) lounge...the CL.  

The forward (Star Lounge) on Freedom was our nightly go to.  Yes, just beer, wine, and cheap bubbly including a small container of bar mix...but we had such a great time.  🥰 Still friendly with the many good people we shared that event with.  

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I will add (re: Chops breakfast) that I do miss the mini-buffet that they used to have up front  It wasn't extensive but it had some pastries, fruit cups, etc that you could self-serve.  I was sorry to see that disappear but for the most part, the rest of the breakfast is fine-to-good.  We enjoy it and it's one of our favorite perks.

I also miss the Tutti salad bar in the MDR for lunch!  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

As a frequent suites cruiser, we find no value to the Chops breakfast. Slow. Basic foods. We walk past it and eat in the windjammer with steerage. 

For our experience...each ship is different.  Sometimes the breakfast in Chops or Giovanni's is really bad...and once we run into one of those...it's off to the dining room for us.  

Then sometimes it is very good...of which we stick to it.  We never know which one it will be on each ship.  We don't bail on one or two less than stellar meals...but by strike three...it's over with for us.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We loved...loved the old "Diamond Event" when it first came out.  It was the peace offering from RCI when the Diamonds were kicked out of the (then only) lounge...the CL

This was way before the establishment of dedicated DLs.

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

The menu may be the same, but the level of quality, quantity, and proper preparation of the ingredients is long gone.

Not necessarily true

All is very ship and staff dependant.

As is almost all benifits

Lunchon is dependant on the Restaurant Manager directions to staff

Top tier  is dependant on Hotel Director directions to staff

Some ships great some just ok

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Not necessarily true

All is very ship and staff dependant.

As is almost all benifits

Lunchon is dependant on the Restaurant Manager directions to staff