TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Vegas just set the over/under at 2...

The times per day that Paul 2 fists 2 different types of drinks vs the number of naps the B requires...

Get your bets in peeps. My money is on over

That's a slam dunk on the over with Paul.  After all, until day 10, I believe he was a perfect 15 per day for the first 9 days on his Venezia adventure.  Without a limit on NCL, combined with being able to get two drinks at a time, there will be multiple times that a 🦬 trace will be combined with a beer of Paul's choosing, one for each hand. Edit...come to think about it, knowing NCL, Buffalo Trace could possibly only be available with their premium package.  That's a bad thing with NCL, no bottled water or espresso based drinks with their basic package as well.

Edited by Retired-N-Happy
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

LFG! Hopefully your bestie Kylie from the flight to New York isn't on the flight to CDG. IMAGINE!

Is @HelloItsMeB already planning what lounge y'all will go to before the flight? Do you even have PreCheck??

We have access to the Priority Pass Lounge at DFW. I have global entry which includes precheck, so I will tell party p to meet me at the bar. 😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 18

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

I... I feel like we were just here...

ANYWAY, It's almost GO Time! 

Norwegian Pearl | Built by MEYER WERFT in Papenburg

Well, this time around @HelloItsMeB will be along for the adventure! How much we get from her? VERY much TBD....

I'll be updating the background running up to this journey as we go, so stay tuned and follow along if you're so inclined - it'll be a long, rambly, photographic mess, per usual. 

We booked several months ago, this sailing is a 10 day Mediterranean RT from Trieste. The website says Venice (Trieste), but we know what that means. We are 48 hours from flying Air France DFW-CDG-VCE, so gotta scramble....

All Right Scrappy!!!-Time to Fly Like an Eagle!!! like St. Mark's dropout Steve Miller (Mood Music)

Scrappy, just like Steve Miller this goes to show that you don't have to "graduate" from a snooty, snobby  school like St. Marks to be a success (but it probably wouldn't have hurt to attend for a few years).

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=254098785298922

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

This live is going to be a tag team affair with the "Queen 🐝" and her "Worker 🐝".  Double trouble compared to Paul's Live from the Venezia.

Let the good times roll in Europe, especially with Paul able to have 16+ drinks.

Lord help me. 🫣😬😅

• Haha 13

5 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yes - we have one night post cruise in Venice. Wish it was a little longer, but some of us (B) have real grown up jobs 

And it’s overrated. 😭

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Vegas just set the over/under at 2...

The times per day that Paul 2 fists 2 different types of drinks vs the number of naps the B requires...

Get your bets in peeps. My money is on over

You know us well! 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

Now that @MeganGC1983 and @Hogladyrider have mentioned your luggage, I will add how sad I feel for that poor little piece of luggage, seems no one cares about it, maybe @HelloItsMeB will care now that she is with you. Someone needs to care! It seemed to be on its own throughout the Caribbean, who knows what will happen to it in Europe.

It travels on its own terms. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Almost my bedtime but just had to check in. That itinerary is going to be a crazy whirlwind I hope us older folks can keep up😁

Can't wait to see all the gorgeous places you guys will be visiting and don't be stingy with the food pics lol.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BohJang said:

So I go out shopping today & out to dinner. I come home & this review is already on page 3. Well I’m here & following. Sheesh. 

We have some real War & Peace potential brewing with this one, I can feel it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Posted (edited)

So yeah, about the whole luggage thing…..

since the great Barcelona fiasco of 2023, we’ve learned and grown and are trying something new. We’ll be checking one large suitcase and rolling one carryon with us - splitting both, and filling the carryon with emergency items we need to have/that could get us by in case we lose Big Blue for any time period. 

We don’t have the cushion we had last year with two nights in Barcelona either; we have one night in Trieste, and we have an hour and a half long layover at CDG. Tighter than I’d like (Air France changed the schedule after we booked, shaved off an hour or so), but the good news is it’s all booked as one trip unlike last year, when we had to leave the terminal and come back in and recheck bags at LHR, which is where we lost the bags. The strike didn’t help either. 🤞 

oh, and also those major carrier int’l bag fees are rough. If I can avoid paying an extra $70 to check a second bag, I will. 

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 26

Posted (edited)

So tonight on a whim I decided to make a run north of the Red River with a buddy of mine and see if I could flip $30 free play into some cruise money. Anything $30 or above would be a victory…

IMG_2230.thumb.jpeg.9c8cab04ab01c033dc4958059bdbfc32.jpeg

IMG_2232.thumb.jpeg.020379419a72bf31ef3239561f346035.jpeg

did pretty well! $30 FP into $130 real money. I’ll take it!

IMG_2233.thumb.jpeg.360865d4a77e6f41c1ae01539c945ab7.jpeg

and the piece de resistance?!? Used my $20 food credit right to the edge for a nice free dinner on them 

IMG_2234.thumb.jpeg.5a25a33294428cba50c922bf2958d019.jpeg

I mean, sure, the Nashville Hot gave me heartburn and all, but the quick trip was well worth it! A good time and some extra scratch in my pocket.

IMG_2237.thumb.jpeg.fdad62d00aa7f36f04147b3cc5dcb5a0.jpeg

IMG_2236.thumb.jpeg.cc058af37838ed89444e13892b260eb0.jpeg

IMG_2235.thumb.jpeg.e81070e7cc6fe307f2233d27ac298184.jpeg

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 27

5 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So tonight on a whim I decided to make a run north of the Red River with a buddy of mine and see if I could flip $30 free play into some cruise money. Anything $30 or above would be a victory…

IMG_2230.thumb.jpeg.9c8cab04ab01c033dc4958059bdbfc32.jpeg

IMG_2232.thumb.jpeg.020379419a72bf31ef3239561f346035.jpeg

did pretty well! $30 FP into $130 real money. I’ll take it!

IMG_2233.thumb.jpeg.360865d4a77e6f41c1ae01539c945ab7.jpeg

and the piece de resistance?!? Used my $20 food credit right to the edge for a nice free dinner on them 

IMG_2234.thumb.jpeg.5a25a33294428cba50c922bf2958d019.jpeg

I mean, sure, the Nashville Hot gave me heartburn and all, but the quick trip was well worth it! A good time and some extra scratch in my pocket.

IMG_2237.thumb.jpeg.fdad62d00aa7f36f04147b3cc5dcb5a0.jpeg

IMG_2236.thumb.jpeg.cc058af37838ed89444e13892b260eb0.jpeg

IMG_2235.thumb.jpeg.e81070e7cc6fe307f2233d27ac298184.jpeg

Excellent👍 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HelloItsMeB said:

To those who feared it could not be done…

IT IS DONE. 

Suitcases are packed and prepped for Party P’s additions. 

(I am shocked, too.)

IMG_9385.jpeg

Impressive.

• Like 1

So a quick note on the embarkation port…. In Trieste, there’s a cruise port (called Molo Bersaglieri) and the TMT, or Trieste Marine Terminal, that is primarily a cargo port but can be used for cruise ships if necessary. 

IMG_2245.thumb.jpeg.90bee9da4bb730025ff3690b9c5539b4.jpeg

So in all the research I did, NCL always uses the main cruise port. I saw pictures, hotels advertised their proximity, etc…. In fact, I even booked our hotel (more on that later) based on the fact we can simply walk across the street to board. 

Problem is, once eDocs dropped, the address given for the embark port was that of TMT, the cargo terminal. 

IMG_2243.thumb.jpeg.1a29a67b343e1cc0dd3b0ec0e5e15669.jpeg

In fact, someone else on this cruise was flat out told we’d be docking at the TMT, which is about a 45 minute walk across town from the cruise terminal. 

IMG_2244.thumb.jpeg.6b3947087d30bfd111fdc582865f7f95.jpeg

well, that doesn’t make sense, and sounds like classic NCL land based customer service, but people were calling and getting the same answer. So I checked the websites of each port. The cruise terminal clearly lists the Pearl at berth on the 14th, and the TMT does not. Which makes sense; it’s just the opposite of what NCL or the eDocs say. 

Luckily in the last 24 hours on the site that shall not be named, people are being told we’re definitely at the cruise terminal again - even though the docs still say TMT. Luckily, Trieste is rather small….

• Like 17

Coming out of lurking mode to follow. This looks like a great itinerary! Fingers crossed your luggage makes it on time and you have no travel issues! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1