TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

1 hour ago, Stallion said:

Cool!

I've got a thing for Murano type glass vases. I drop some of those rechargeable puck lights into the vase and decorate my Bar space for the weekend nights. Chicks dig them! Plus at my age I look better by candlelight glow! 🍷 The one on the middle shelve to the right comes from a well-known artist from Murano named Carlo Moretti, Apparently your Hotel is a 10 minute walk away from his shop. In fact, I stole the idea from a picture on his website below

image.thumb.jpeg.bae38cb94572d628fcd75783ec84dcb5.jpeg

https://shop.carlomoretti.com/en/products?ptag=Vases&p=2

that’s so cool! Really dig that! 

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

Hi.  Following along again.  We met last year on the Pride.

Yes, of course I remember!!! In the midst of the luggage fiasco at BCN! I hope you’re doing well!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Paul, even if you guys visit Piazza San Marco in the daytime, I hope you get back there at night just to walk around the piazza and listen to the live outdoor concertos (free as long as you don't sit).  The piazza's acoustics makes the music even more romantic.  Piazza San Marco at night is probably my favorite place in the world to visit over and over.  Careful about sitting down at the outdoor cafes where the musicians are playing though, we once paid a $50 coperto just for sitting down - that was ten years ago.  So excited to follow along because this itinerary is one I've been wanting to do for years.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Paul, even if you guys visit Piazza San Marco in the daytime, I hope you get back there at night just to walk around the piazza and listen to the live outdoor concertos (free as long as you don't sit).  The piazza's acoustics makes the music even more romantic.  Piazza San Marco at night is probably my favorite place in the world to visit over and over.  Careful about sitting down at the outdoor cafes where the musicians are playing though, we once paid a $50 coperto just for sitting down - that was ten years ago.  So excited to follow along because this itinerary is one I've been wanting to do for years.

That sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing. You listening, @HelloItsMeB?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So once she was off work, B came to pick up my luggage and I and head back to her place. As we face nearly two weeks of life in Europe, we couldn’t leave our native land without enjoying a dinner symbolic of true American cuisine…. #noplaceelse

IMG_2274.thumb.jpeg.d90771a1ec39a91aa804d5ffa61c0ef9.jpeg

• Haha 24

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

In Venice? We had wine and snacks. Expensive snacks but I didn’t see a $50 coperto.

IMG_6522.jpeg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

So once she was off work, B came to pick up my luggage and I and head back to her place. As we face nearly two weeks of life in Europe, we couldn’t leave our native land without enjoying a dinner symbolic of true American cuisine…. #noplaceelse

IMG_2274.thumb.jpeg.d90771a1ec39a91aa804d5ffa61c0ef9.jpeg

My DD #2 said Chilis was closing. So we went in for Chocolate Lava Cake. Found out they were not closing. 🤣

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, Stratford1950 said:

Let me put this another way…if you want to be scared senseless by an animal that wants to get somewhere fast and leans over the edge close to falling…then by all means rent the donkey🤦‍♂️

Is it Gus, the field goal kicking donkey?

• Haha 1

Okay. I think we have this packing thing mostly down. Big checked bag and carry on roller - both of us with half of each…. And enough essentials to get by in the carryon in case, well, you know. For now both air tags are in the big one for redundancy.. I’ll put one in the carry one when we check in at the pier in Trieste. 🤞 

IMG_2278.thumb.jpeg.adb8789d0abedf3dd08b52ac9b7dc6c9.jpeg

IMG_2279.thumb.jpeg.983904d2c1cd0fead676ddb80234a8ee.jpeg

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay. I think we have this packing thing mostly down. Big checked bag and carry on roller - both of us with half of each…. And enough essentials to get by in the carryon in case, well, you know. For now both air tags are in the big one for redundancy.. I’ll put one in the carry one when we check in at the pier in Trieste. 🤞 

IMG_2278.thumb.jpeg.adb8789d0abedf3dd08b52ac9b7dc6c9.jpeg

IMG_2279.thumb.jpeg.983904d2c1cd0fead676ddb80234a8ee.jpeg

See the plastic straws, but no What-A -burger spicy ketchup like Saint Greg?

Safe and uneventful travels for you both across the pond!

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Is it Gus, the field goal kicking donkey?

We can't let that great moment in gridiron history go by without a visual for the kids

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Ship spotter schedule... who are we gonna see?

Trieste: We are alone on embark, and will be joined by AIDAblu at debark

My advise is to not look at the AIDA if you are on the upper decks...DAMHIK

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

okay, now you have my attention 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Stallion said:

Cool!

I've got a thing for Murano type glass vases. I drop some of those rechargeable puck lights into the vase and decorate my Bar space for the weekend nights. Chicks dig them! Plus at my age I look better by candlelight glow! 🍷 The one on the middle shelve to the right comes from a well-known artist from Murano named Carlo Moretti, Apparently your Hotel is a 10 minute walk away from his shop. In fact, I stole the idea from a picture on his website below

image.thumb.jpeg.bae38cb94572d628fcd75783ec84dcb5.jpeg

Why am I not surprised by this?

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Jim and Monika said:

We were docked next to an AIDA ship in 2020 and it was ridiculous 1. How many Bikes were taken on and off the ship. And 2. How many men came out on their balconies in speedos!

They were standing. They were sitting. They were stretching it out (I guess post-bike ride, I don’t know). Shirtless. Shoeless. Some with button down, collared shirts on, but all wearing banana hammocks. NTTAWWT. Just sayin. 😉

• Haha 22

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

In Venice? We had wine and snacks. Expensive snacks but I didn’t see a $50 coperto.

IMG_6522.jpeg

I think the cover charge is only at night - not 100% sure that's the difference.  But I remember the cafe with the red chairs.  Do you remember the color of the chairs at the other large cafe across the piazza?

• Like 1

It’s wild how one minute we’re on the couch watching Winning Time and can barely keep our eyes open…. The next we’re lying in bed with a fat second wind talking non stop about the cruise…. It’s like Christmas Eve Eve over here 

• Like 4
  • Haha 26

7 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think the cover charge is only at night - not 100% sure that's the difference.  But I remember the cafe with the red chairs.  Do you remember the color of the chairs at the other large cafe across the piazza?

This is what I have from our pic. I zoomed in on the opposite side of the plaza. Black chairs?IMG_6523.thumb.png.42b5c1eeec142ec4132c0e3c266b9522.pngIMG_6524.thumb.png.2915e7896cbf8f38e7e265dbde320c06.png

• Like 2

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

This is what I have from our pic. I zoomed in on the opposite side of the plaza. Black chairs?IMG_6523.thumb.png.42b5c1eeec142ec4132c0e3c266b9522.pngIMG_6524.thumb.png.2915e7896cbf8f38e7e265dbde320c06.png

LOL, I don't remember black chairs.  I was thinking about the cafe in the main part of the piazza, across from the cafe with red chairs and the campanile - yellow.

image.thumb.png.d4c5fd9fc43a4c6ba12635e9c1826811.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

It’s wild how one minute we’re on the couch watching Winning Time and can barely keep our eyes open…. The next we’re lying in bed with a fat second wind talking non stop about the cruise…. It’s like Christmas Eve Eve over here 

That's so cute. We do the same except after 41 years together my husband has mastered the art of listening to me while sleeping🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 15