Disembarking Question

On my last cruise I remember there was a time you were to exit the room but could remain on the ship in the common areas. I can’t remember what time that was. Does anyone know what time you must exit your room on disembarking day? 

Thank you. 

They normally want you out of your cabin by 8:30AM and off of the ship by 9:00AM. They need to get the ship down to a zero passenger count so that they can start embarking new passengers by 11:00AM.

• Like 3

8:30 in the out of room time. Don't forget to do the digital debarkation though. I thought where i got a luggage tag for my bags they where still call by tag number. No more so i was waiting forever and not hearing announcements. I asked one of the fun squad members who where helping with disembarkation and he told me i should be long gone by now. So do digital even if you get luggage tags for bag put out over night. 

On 6/12/2024 at 9:12 AM, Corby114 said:

They normally want you out of your cabin by 8:30AM and off of the ship by 9:00AM.

That's a bit of an exaggeration with respect to 'last call' for disembarkation. Most typically that's closer to 9:30 or maybe even 10:00. I certainly recall signing up for a 9:20-9:30 digital slot earlier this year.

Reason I wanted to respond is that some folks actually prefer to legitimately linger in allowed public areas as they have later flights out. It's actually an interesting process that one gets to fully experience if doing a B2B. It goes from the first announcement of 'All remaining guests kindly disembark' to the CD calling out actual names in the final 30 minutes. (I've never had my name called.) Then, once they 'zero out', it's perhaps 30-45 minutes before the new Diamonds board. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jsglow said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration with respect to 'last call' for disembarkation. Most typically that's closer to 9:30 or maybe even 10:00. I certainly recall signing up for a 9:20-9:30 digital slot earlier this year.

Reason I wanted to respond is that some folks actually prefer to legitimately linger in allowed public areas as they have later flights out. It's actually an interesting process that one gets to fully experience if doing a B2B. It goes from the first announcement of 'All remaining guests kindly disembark' to the CD calling out actual names in the final 30 minutes. (I've never had my name called.) Then, once they 'zero out', it's perhaps 30-45 minutes before the new Diamonds board. 

On a B2B, you do get to see the consequences of the inconsiderate "I'll leave when I want" people.  There is something profound about seeing crew lined up with all their belongings, saying their goodbyes as they wait to leave the ship to go home but can't because someone is finishing their 3rd coffee on Lido.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

On a B2B, you do get to see the consequences of the inconsiderate "I'll leave when I want" people.  There is something profound about seeing crew lined up with all their belongings, saying their goodbyes as they wait to leave the ship to go home but can't because someone is finishing their 3rd coffee on Lido.

I don't ever remember it being a significant problem. What I DO see are the over anxious who think they can clog up Deck #3 and 'cheat' into line. That's one reason the new digital system is great. But it's important that folks stick to their selected timeslot.

I do recall one instance on a B2B where our CD Adam Gilbert had somewhat lost his patience, got a bit stern with a half dozen specific names, then realized that he might have been a tad abrupt, and finished with his signature 'Cheerio! tag line. I was chatting in the hallway with an officer at that moment and we both laughed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jsglow said:

I don't ever remember it being a significant problem. What I DO see are the over anxious who think they can clog up Deck #3 and 'cheat' into line. That's one reason the new digital system is great. But it's important that folks stick to their selected timeslot.

I do recall one instance on a B2B where our CD Adam Gilbert had somewhat lost his patience, got a bit stern with a half dozen specific names, then realized that he might have been a tad abrupt, and finished with his signature 'Cheerio! tag line. I was chatting in the hallway with an officer at that moment and we both laughed.

It was noticeable on my last B2B which was a 3day/4 day and the holdups were members of a wedding party.  The bride and groom were also doing the B2B and their attendants weren't disembarking.  The line of exiting crew were close to our waiting area in the lobby.  While I doubt their flights home were at risk, they were clearly anxious to get off and moving so they could call home, pacing back and forth, the CD walking back and forth to talk with them and security before making another announcement.  The bride did offer to make the "get the freak off the %$%^ ship" announcement.  

35 minutes ago, cthrn27 said:

Is digital debarkation on every ship now??  We just cruised last summer and it was not a thing.  Can someone give me a brief idea, please?

I don't know if it is on every ship, but it is a nothing.

Have you cruised Carnival before?  Towards the end of the cruise, they had several kiosks around the ship with debarkation luggage tags.  You took enough tags for your luggage.  These had colors and numbers on them.  On the last day, when your tag number/color was called, you walked off the ship.

Digital debarkation is the same thing, except your color/number is issued via the Hib app instead of by your picking luggage tags up physically from a kiosk.  And then the cabin steward will deliver the proper color/number tags to the cabin.  

My last cruise, I was given three different sets of luggage tags, with three different numbers.  And I got multiple notifications, of digital debarkation, even after I had completed the information.  I assume this was just "growing pains.'  

• Like 1

thank you so much for responding.  We have cruised carnival many times and debarkation just gets worse and worse.  Really, our only GOOD debark was when we booked an excursion at the end.  Otherwise, it is just sit and wait, move a foot, wait some more, look for somewhere to sit, wait and then almost feel the crew pushing you off the boat.  Really? I would have been happy to leave earlier....

Oh, well.  Usually debark. is my only complaint so that's not too bad 

40 minutes ago, cthrn27 said:

thank you so much for responding.  We have cruised carnival many times and debarkation just gets worse and worse.  Really, our only GOOD debark was when we booked an excursion at the end.  Otherwise, it is just sit and wait, move a foot, wait some more, look for somewhere to sit, wait and then almost feel the crew pushing you off the boat.  Really? I would have been happy to leave earlier....

Oh, well.  Usually debark. is my only complaint so that's not too bad 

In my opinion the best way to debark is to either do self-assist and be among the first off the ship, carrying your own luggage off, or choose one of the last zones and be among the last off the ship.

When I sailed out of Charleston doing self-assist, I'd be on the interstate on the way home by 7AM nearly every time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 8:23 AM, phoneman69 said:

8:30 in the out of room time. Don't forget to do the digital debarkation though. I thought where i got a luggage tag for my bags they where still call by tag number. No more so i was waiting forever and not hearing announcements. I asked one of the fun squad members who where helping with disembarkation and he told me i should be long gone by now. So do digital even if you get luggage tags for bag put out over night. 

What’s “digital debarkation?”

Edited by Cruising_Addict