Constellation - Aqua Class

Tempted by fares under $1000 p.p. for 7 nights from Tampa next February.

Any recent Aqua cruisers on Connie have any reports on Blu for this ship, condition of Aqua cabins, etc.

Haven’t been on this ship for about 10 years but my last Celebrity cruise was Eclipse in January for reference.

Thanks for any input.

20 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Any recent Aqua cruisers on Connie have any reports on Blu for this ship, condition of Aqua cabins, etc.

I was on the Connie last May during the Mediterranean season.  We were in Aqua class at the back end of the ship.  Had a rear balcony.  Did not go to Blue however it was definitely a dated ship.  The cabins did not have any type of refresh during COVID which was originally planned.  It it my understanding that the Connie just came out of a 3 week drydock for this years Med season.  There were many common area refresh but the cabins are still not refreshed.

Regardless of these comments, I would still sail on the Constellation any day of the week.  Good luck.

We sailed in January and totally loved Constellation and Blu. Live the ship.

The cabins are nice however there is an overhang we didn’t like and we’re not thrilled with our particular cabin steward.

Posted (edited)

I sailed on her for 12-nights last March, in one of the deck 11 aft Aqua class cabins. I found my cabin to be in very good condition, but generally Aqua cabins tend to have less wear and tear as they only allow two passengers per cabin.There were no stains on carpets, the blackout curtain was fine, the furniture had the normal amount of wear and tear, but nothing awful. The bathroom was very clean with only some worn areas around the edges of the mirrors. The balcony was clean with only a minimal amount of rust and we all know that balconies can be dirty.

I thought the ship was in excellent condition, especially considering that it hadn’t had a  major overhaul in a while. Yes, the overall style of the public areas is dated and doesn’t have the pizzazz of the newer ships. I didn’t see stained or worn carpets, upholstery was in good condition, elevators worked. I found the ship to be immaculately clean and well maintained.

Food in Blu was some of the best I have had at sea in a long time, certainly  since the return after Covid. My steaks were cooked exactly as I ordered, All the food was served at the appropriate temperature. With the exception of one disappointing soup starter, everything was excellent.  As for the Oceanview Buffet, I only ate lunch there and usually had a salad and maybe a slice of pizza. There were a lot of options and I didn’t hear too many complaints. 

The crew was wonderful. I did not have, nor did I observe any unhappy, rude, or disinterested staff. Everyone was friendly and had a smile on their face. (Wish I could say the same about some of the passengers.) Yes, the bars can get busy at cocktail hour. I frequented Cellar Masters and found the staff there to be efficient, friendly, and competent. If they were busy when I got there, I was acknowledged and waited on within a reasonable amount of time.

I had  such a good cruise that I booked another one on Constellation for March 2025.

Edited by Straughn
  • Like 1

The AQ cabins on deck 11 were added around 10-12 years ago so are 1/2 the age of the the A2 cabins on deck 9.   Remember you can use the 1 category Captains Club upgrade to get the A1 cabins on deck 11 for the A2 price.  The aft facing cabins are very popular and go quickly but we also like the cabins by the elevators 1106-1110.

• Like 1